Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Big News

A month passed, and I had already missed seven games. It killed me to have to sit on the bench all game every game, but I of course had no choice. My doctor's appointment was scheduled for that afternoon, hopefully I would at least be able to get a good brace or something instead of having to keep wearing my cast.
The saw roared loudly as the doctor ripped into the cast, then tore it apart. I covered my nose and closed my eyes at the horrible smell and hideous site that was my leg.
"Sick!" I groaned. "That's the nastiest thing ever!"
The doctor smiled, obviously having seen similar things many times before. "It's not so bad. Would you mind trying to move it around, walk on it a little bit. If it hurts to bad, you don't have to, just tell me."
I nodded and sat on the edge of my chair and moved my leg back and forth. It wasn't half as bad as it had been when the cast was put on. I slowly lowered myself to the ground and gradually put more and more weight on my leg, wincing only when I had my weight evenly distributed.
"'s not so bad," I said.
The doctor nodded. "Maybe we should put the cast back on-"
"No!" I interrupted, then felt bad. "Sorry. But that's not necessary, how about just some hard core brace or something?"
He thought more a minute. "I guess so, but you'd have to promise that you'll wear it every day every minute you can, and make sure to stretch it out as much as you can, agreed?"
"Definitely."

I emerged from the office twenty minutes later and walked as quickly as I could to Cristiano's waiting Porsche, still grinning.
"Aww, it's gone! What'd he say?"
"Big news, Cris." I told him proudly. "I have to wear it every day every minute I can and stretch it a bunch."
"Very cool. What's with the sometimes calling me Cris and sometimes Ronnie deal?" He smiled.
"Depends on my mood," I replied shortly.
"Really?"
"Really," I replied matter-of-factly.
"Well, I have practice, are you coming?" He asked, already turning down the road leading to Old Trafford.
"Of course. It's bad enough I can't play, I still have to go to practice to keep my sanity, silly."

Another two months passed, and I had finally gotten to take my brace off permanently, although I still couldn't play in the matches, I had to get back to my previous playing state first.
Which is why I was astonished when Sir Alex told me I was subbing in at the 70th minute of our last game of the season against Real Madrid.
"Really?" I asked, shocked.
He nodded. "You've been working very hard, and I appreciate that. Now go on. We'll talk later."
Iran on the field after being called on, and stood at my position. Ryan threw the ball in, and Cristiano settled it before centering it to me. I switched it to Luis, who dribbled up to the corner and crossed it. Real Madrid's goalie barely missed it and I passed it into the back corner of the goal.

After the game ended and Sir Alex had finished talking about it, everyone immediately starting talking amongst themselves. Before leaving, Sir Alex said, "Camry, would you mind coming outside with me for a minute? I have something to ask you."
I followed him outside, having no idea what in the world he would possibly need to talk to me about. I followed him down the hallway some more before another man came into view, whom I immediately recognized as Luis Aragones, the Spanish national team's coach. They both smiled at me and introduced themselves.
"Luis Aragones," he said, shaking my hand. I smiled and said hi before waiting to see what they needed.
"Camry, Mr. Aragones has offered you something very special," Sir Alex said to me. "He wanted to see if you wanted a spot on the Spanish National Soccer Team.
I stared, unbelieving, at both of them, waiting for them to say, 'Fooled you!', or something similar, but they didn't.
"I-I don't know what to say," I stammered.
"Say yes! We would love to have you on the team! All the players even agreed!" Luis said.
I smiled widely, so much that it hurt. "I would love to!"
They both smiled. "Fantastic! I'm sure the team will be thrilled to hear that! Here's my number, I'll give you a call in a few days, okay? Great job during the game by the way!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Camry! And yay you guys! I even got THREE comments! Thanks you guys! Tell me what you think, and what you'd like to see happen, maybe I could fit it in somewhere. Maybe. 3 comments = update!