Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

I Want You To Come

Before practice the next day, I showed up early to talk to Sir Alex. I found him talking to some guy I didn't know and waited for him by the bleachers. When he was done he came and sat by me.
"Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'll have to miss practice tomorrow. Emergency back home, I guess you could say," I said quietly.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Death," I wasn't about to tell the world my whole life story.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well you go ahead and don't worry about it. You'll be here Thursday though?"
I nodded and stood to head to the locker room.

The next morning I was in the kitchen of my apartment when I heard a knock at the door. I set my half eaten bowl of cereal on the counter and passed my small duffel beside the door and opened it, then was completely shocked to see Cristiano at the door.
"Hey?" My greeting came out as a question. "Come in."
He smiled and stepped inside. "So how long is this road trip going to take?"
"What? What road trip? I'm going to Rachel's funeral today, and you've got practice," I replied.
"No I don't, I'm coming with you. I don't even have to go to the funeral if you don't want me to, and Sir Alex agrees with me when I say you're too distraught to be driving all over the country on your own, and I thought you'd just like....someone to be there, you know?" He asked.
I raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't want you to miss anything for sitting in a car all day. I'm literally driving there, going to the funeral, staying overnight, and getting up early to drive back. Nothing crazy."
He only shrugged. "That's fine. I'm even packed and everything," he held up a bag as if to prove he wasn't lying.
I sighed. "Okay, hold on, I'll be ready in a minute then." I then went into my bathroom and put on what little makeup I owned, and put some effort into actually looking like a girl. Not everyone knew about the whole 'I play for Manchester United but no one knows I'm really a girl except for two people' thing. I came out in some comfy jeans and a form fitting t-shirt, Cristiano got up from the couch and followed me down to my car.

The whole car ride was actually pretty fun, considering the circumstances. We argued over what we would listen to – I won, driver always does – and debated what fast food restaurant we would go to – Wendy's kicks McDonald's ass any day. By the time we arrived at the hotel, we had learned a lot about each other, some things I didn't want to know and others I guess I did...sort of.
I even managed to call the bathroom first. I emerged in forty minutes nice and clean and wearing a black halter dress with some black ballet flats – I told Cristiano I brought them because I wanted to let him have some of his dignity left after losing to me so bad at practice all the time; I would be nice and let him have some height. "Are you going to shower or are you going all smelly?" I tried to joke.
He looked at me surprised. "You want me to go?"
"Yeah," I nodded. "I want you to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are so lovely :]