Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 13

“Catie…would you be my girlfriend again?”

“Really Jack, right now? I’m in the middle of trying to work. I need some time to think about things. I don’t want a repeat of what we’ve already been through. Just wait until tonight, ok?”

“I’m not taking no for an answer, I promise you that I will treat you one thousand times better than I did before, I can’t live without you anymore.”

“Aw,” I heard Megan say from beside me, “Say yes. You have to! That was the sweetest thing ever. Besides, no one wants a dead Jack.”

“I think you should listen to your best friend. You know, friends sometimes know what’s best for you.” Jack said, taking my hands in his.

“Fine, Jack. Yes, I will be your girlfriend…again.”

“Yay!” Jack yelled, picking me up and spinning me around, “I got my girl back everyone!”

He smiled what was probably the biggest smile I have ever seen out of him, before continuing to tell everyone that stopped by the merchandise booth that he won back his girl. I laughed at his enthusiasm while Megan just muttered ‘I told you so’ at me. When all of the guys made it to the merch tent, Jack spilled the good news to them, and we each received a hug from the guys and a “thank god, you were getting annoying” from Alex.

Later that night, we all hugged Megan goodbye, she had to leave because she was working at a music store over the summer and had to be at work the next morning. After we said our goodbye’s we went back to the bus to continue our journey. Only three and a half weeks left on tour, and then it was time to hit the studio. My life was slowly working on getting beck on track.

“Can you believe today is our last show?” Rian asked the guys, as we were all headed to the final venue, back in California. Then it’s back to Maryland for a few weeks before heading out to the studio.

“No, it’s been an amazing summer.” Jack answered, wrapping his arms around me.

“Yeah, and I get to see Megan when we get back!” Alex laughed, excited.

Apparently, Alex and Megan got closer than I had thought when she came to visit me. She left Alex with her phone number, and they had been talking non-stop since then. Alex was excited to get back so that he could ask her out. She would be going back to school for her final year at the University of Maryland. She had broken up with her boyfriend, Luke, while she was in Virginia with her parents for the summer, and Alex couldn’t be happier. As for me, I was content just where I was currently in Jack’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so this one's short, but more will be up tonight, i promise!
comments?