Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 18

“Hey Catie,” Zack said, sticking his head into the bathroom, “Where do you want to eat lunch at?”

“It doesn’t matter. I know Rian and Alex are fighting over the restaurant. Tell them to flip a coin.”

“You know us too well.” Zack laughed, leaving the bathroom. I sighed, yes; I knew them like the back of my hand. They were my life.

When I had finished getting dressed in my white v neck t shirt, a pair of red shorts, my gladiator sandals and my red sunglasses, I left the room and grabbed my bag. I met the guys in the living room, and they were ready to go too.

“I’m telling mom and dad that you and Jack fucked last night.” Alex said, hitting me in the arm.

“You’re so immature,” I laughed, “I’m going to tell mom and dad that you had another one night stand last night.”

“That is a lie and you know it. If you would really like to know, I talked to Megan all night last night. She’s moving back into her dorm today.”

“Really? How do you know this and I don’t? Why don’t we see if she wants to meet us for lunch?”

“That would be awesome. Here, I’ll call her.” Alex said, hitting the send button on his phone twice and placing it to his ear.

She declined, but she said she would meet us for dinner. She had senior orientation to go to this afternoon.

“So did you guys decide where we are going yet?” I asked as we made our way to the cars.

“Yeah, we’re going to all go to Thai Marlai.”

“Yes!” I screamed, excited, nothing beat the taste of Thai food, especially my favorite dish, drunken noodle. It was amazing.

“Jack chose it because he knew it was you favorite.” Alex said, smiling.

I jumped in Jack’s arms, catching him off guard and causing him to drop me on the floor. Then, with his amazing coordination, he managed to fall on top of me. As soon as my mind registered what had happened, I started laughing uncontrollably. Jack soon started laughing too when he realized that I wasn’t hurt, and then the rest of the guys followed, forming a dogpile on top of me.

“Just like old times.” Rian said, poking me in the side.

I grumbled in response, somewhat unable to breath. Finally, everyone was off of me and we were on our way to Thai. After we had gotten seated and ordered, Alex got down to business.

“So, we need to start writing again. I already have a lot of songs, but we need to work as a group and add on, figure out which ones to toss, you know?”

“Yeah, we got it.” Jack, Rian and Zack all said in unison.

“So, for the next few weeks we need to constantly be writing and in touch with each other.”

“This is leading up to you’re moving into the apartment, isn’t it.” I asked Alex, knowing the answer.

“Pretty much, yeah. Please though, Catie you know you love me, and Jack wouldn’t turn me away. We can’t write at home because mom and dad get pissed when we get noisy. We’ll be good.” Alex said, pulling Zack and Rian close to him and they all flashed innocent smiles.

“Ok, you’re helping pay the rent though.”

“Done,” Alex said, “Now let’s eat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh...I have swim team tonight. I get to go swim non-stop for an hour. Leave me comments so that I have something to cheer me up when I get back from painfully drowning haha.