Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Going Backstage

A whole month and a half had passed since Katherine started seeing Damien. Last week was their one month and they celebrated it in Denmark. Now they were in Italy.

Katherine loved this. Damien always seemed to be where ever she was. He was in the same place as she was and when she needed him, he was there at the right time. She was surprised when she found out Damien was in the same country as she as.

“Oh my god!” Katherine squealed. “You’re in the same country as me!”

Damien chuckled. “I know, babe. I guess my love for you is too strong.”


Katherine now sat in her dressing room, remembering that memory. She had been staring at her phone for the last fifteen minutes, hoping Damien would quickly text her back. She knew he would, anyway, because for the whole tour so far, Katherine had excluded herself from her family like there were walls between them. She stayed in her room more often, texting Damien than spending time with her brothers like she’d usually do.

“Yo, sis!” Joe skipped into her dressing room, with Kevin and Nick at his heels.

Something was up. Katherine peeled her eyes off her Blackberry and looked at her brothers. “What?” she demanded.

“Whatcha doing?”

“It’s none of your business – now can you get out of my dressing room?” she said impatiently.

Katherine was never like this at all. Before she would answer her brothers with a proper answer, and certainly not kick them out of her dressing room. But after a month and a half everything changed. Her brothers pretended to not notice how much she changed, but they all knew why she did. It was because of Damien.

“Kat, we just wanted to talk to you,” Kevin said.

“Well there’s nothing to talk about,” she snapped. Harsh,

“Okay, look,” Nick said. “We just wanted to talk to you about Damien, that’s all.”

“If you’ve come here to convince me to stop seeing him, it’s too late,” she said. “We’ve already had our one month in Denmark which was just remarkable and so romantic. Damien is so perfect for me – we’re made for each other.” Yes, she had fallen hard for Damien.

“Well, since you guys are perfect for each other,” Nick reasoned. “We thought it’s about time to meet this Damien. In fact, we’d love to meet Damien. I’m sure we’d love him.”

Katherine’s eyes lit up and hugged her brother. “You really mean that? You are my favourite brother, Nick.”

“HEY – WHAT ABOUT ME?!” Joe shouted jokingly.

“And me,” Kevin added, grinning.

Katherine childishly poked her tongue out at her two older brothers. She hadn’t had this much fun with her brothers since the start of tour, and she missed having fun with them.

“Right, well I have to go and perform now,” she said, rushing out of her dressing room. “When you’re done in here you guys can close the doors and turn off the lights.”

Katherine jogged down to the stage, and along the way, a couple of fanatics – all girls – that had somehow gotten passed security and were now backstage, face to face with Katherine Jonas.

“What are you guys doing here?” Katherine demanded.

“We just wanted to see your brothers,” one of them giggled. “Anyway, that shirt you’re wearing doesn’t suit you, love. Purple doesn’t seem to be your colour at all. It definitely looks much better on Joe.”

Katherine glared at her as the girl continued to giggle. “What the hell is your problem? What have I done to you for you to treat me this way?”

The girl suddenly stopped giggling and glared back at Katherine. “Oh, I don’t know,” she stormed sarcastically. “What about, you’re a total bitch and you’re a whore? I wouldn’t be surprised if you haven’t screwed that Damien guy of yours already!”

Katherine pushed the fanatic’s shoulder with her hand. “Well, For. Your. Information, psycho,” she snapped. “I haven’t screwed Damien yet because I made a pledge to God,” Katherine held up her left hand, where the silver ring wrapped around her finger. “And I have to go and perform now, so I suggest you better move it before I punch you.”

The fanatic burst into laughter, and offended Katherine. “You couldn’t punch to save your life.” And before Katherine knew it, she clenched her fist together and raised her arm, swinging it into the girl’s face. The girl crumpled to the ground, and found herself with a bloody nose that was broken.

It felt like the whole world stopped for a whole second, because right there and then, Katherine came to her senses. Had she just punched someone?

“Kat,” a voice called out from behind.

Katherine turned around and found her three brothers staring at her in confusion and shock. “Yes?”

“What happened here?”
♠ ♠ ♠
In desperate need of banners.
Should Damien be played by Jesse McCartney or Sterling Knight?

Comment :]