Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Time To Explain

Katherine’s head was throbbing my now. She sat there on the small couch of the tour bus, four sets of huge brown eyes glaring down at her. “Well Katherine?” Her mother persisted, as she stood there, glaring down at her daughter.

“I like him mom, a lot.” Kat’s brown locks fell over her eyes, and she began to inspect her chipped red nail polish.

“Oh we can see that Katherine May Jonas…” It was Joe who spoke up this time, holding up the image of Kat and Damien making out, as if trying to prove his point.

“Oh get off your high horse Joseph!” Katherine spat back at her older brother. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t been caught making out with people.

Joseph went to retort, but his mother interjected, “Do you even know him Katherine?”

Katherine sighed and pushed her fringe out of her eyes, “I know that he likes my music, and me for me mom, don’t you think that’s enough?”

Denise sighed and closed her eyes softly, “Just be careful Kat.”

“Mom – when am I not careful?” Kat stood from the couch, and exited the bus. It was four in the afternoon and really they should have all been at sound check, but at the moment, Kat needed to vent.

“Hey Damien.” She reached his car in a secluded street. He had called and wanted to know if they could meet. Of course, she didn’t object.

He grinned as Kat hugged him tightly, “Would it be weird if I told you I missed you?” It was only last night that they had gone on the date, and now, as the summer sun hit their backs, Kat was totally content in standing there and hugging Damien.

“Not at all.” She smiled as he leant down and kissed her softly on the lips.

“So… what’s up? Shouldn’t you be at sound check or something?” Kat sighed and pulled away slightly, as Damien lent against his car, she leant against him.

“Yea… well I don’t really want to be around them right now.” Her face fell slightly as she stared at the ground.

“What happened Kat?” Damien placed a finger under her chin to make her look at him.

“They reckon I’m taking this,” she pointed weirdly from herself to Damien, “too fast. My brothers especially want to pummel you to the ground.”

Damien threw his head back in laughter, “Tell them I said bring it on… cause I ain’t leaving.”

Katherine chuckled, “You promise?”

Damien nodded and kissed her softly, leaning his forehead against hers, “I don’t care what your family thinks Kat – I’m not leaving.”

“I’m glad.” She whispered.

Katherine walked back to the bus, completely happy about her conversation with Damien, if he didn’t care, and then neither did she. Kat was pretty sure that she was in love with him, and no one was going to stand in their way.

“Where have you been? Sound check ended like half and hour ago.” Paul Kevin Jonas the second scolded his younger sister as she bounded onto the bus, a smiled planted on her face.

“I was with Damien.” She smiled at Kevin.

“What about the show? You still coming to that right… you’re not going to give up all your fans for the guy are you?” She was slightly shocked at what he was saying.

“Of course I am going to be there Kevin… but… if I did have to choose. I would go with Damien – just in case you were wondering.”

And then she walked out of the bus again, straight past Nick and Joe, and towards her dressing room. Right now, all she wanted was to be with Damien and hang out with him, she didn’t care that her brother hated the guy, and she didn’t care that her parents thought she was taking this too fast, all she cared about was Damien. Damien…
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is more eventful. Promise :]

Comment, anyone?