Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Say Hello, Katherine

Image

“The Jonas Brothers’ world tour has been put on a hold, due to their sister’s kidnapping. Last night, at their last performance in Italy, their sister, Katherine May Jonas was kidnapped right under their noses. The boys say that they heard a scream, and when they arrived on the scene, the kidnapper left a note.”

The image of the news reader suddenly flipped to Nick Jonas.

“It was sudden,” he told reporters sadly. “When Kevin and Joe arrived at the scene, the kidnapper was gone already.”

Then it flipped to Joe. “We have an idea on who it might be,” he revealed. “But we’re not allowed to tell anyone just yet.”

Then to Kevin. “All we want is for Katherine to just be back home and safe with us,” he said. “She’s been through a lot lately and has put up with it. This kidnapping is just making it worse for her.”

And to Frankie, who was holding Kevin’s hand. “Kat-Katherine?” he hiccupped. His eyes were red from crying too much. “Katherine, come back home! We miss you! Please, come back home!”


[Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall]

It was quite. Too quite.
She could hear the sound of quite footsteps and objects quietly being refined a couple metres away.

Katherine May Jonas opened her eyes, and found her in the dark. Shivers went down her spine – she hated the dark. For some reason it reminded her of loneliness and emptiness.

She looked around and saw a small, bright light a couple of metres in front of her in the ceiling. Then she realised she was in a lying down position on a hard wooden table. Her hands were tied together but her legs weren’t.

“Ah, Miss Jonas,” a low, masculine, chilling voice came.

She couldn’t recognise the voice, but she knew it was a male’s. It didn’t sound familiar to her at all, he must have been using some kind of voice changer with the help of technology.

“Who-who are you?” Katherine asked, scared.

The voice let out an unsettling laugh that made Katherine shudder. “Don’t you know?” the voice said.

Katherine shook her head, forgetting she was in the dark.

“Well this is going to be fun then, isn’t it?”

Katherine’s stomach felt like it knotted up. This guy was psychopath! She couldn’t believe what she was going through. First Damien, and now this?

Suddenly Katherine remembered everything, from the hate mail on the bus that told her to go to tell to the pizza shop and lastly, the hooded figure that came charging to her.

“Why?” she asked. “Why did you kidnap me?”

“Let’s just say,” the voice paused for a moment. “I like to have fun.”

Katherine looked around the room again, observing it more carefully since her eyes had adjusted to the dark. She saw a door across the room, and her legs weren’t tied up which gave her an obvious idea. She thought, her kidnapper wouldn’t be able to see or hear her if she was quick and quiet, then she’d be out of here, right?

Well, it was worth a shot anyway.

Katherine suddenly jumped out of her chair and ran to the door. She reached for the door handle and turned it, and much to her luck, it didn’t budge. She raised her arms up and banged her fist on the door as hard as she could, but the door was too heavy to make noises loud enough. Tears began to slid down her cheek, and she reached for the door knob again.

“Stop, it’s no use.”

Katherine felt a cold, sharp object against her shoulder blade. She immediately froze.

“Good girl,” he chuckled, pulling the object away from her.

“What do you want?” Katherine demanded.

“All I want is for you to follow my orders,” he explained. “Disobey and you won’t be able to see your brothers again. You’re going to have to co-operate with me. Understand? Or otherwise you’ll die – just like that.”

Katherine let out a soft sigh. This kidnapper seemed pretty serious and sounded like what he was doing. There was only one option, “Yes,” she said quietly. “I’m sorry about what just happened. It won’t happen again, I promise.”

“Good,” he said.

Suddenly, a famous Backstreet Boys song blasted out. Katherine reached into her pockets, searching for the device, but it wasn’t here. She felt the figure move away from her and quickly came back with the object she was looking for before.

“Answer it,” he ordered. “Act disoriented and put it on speaker.”

Katherine took the phone from the male and obeyed her kidnapper.

Answer

“Hello?” she said, putting on her best disoriented voice on.

“Kat… Kat it’s Kevin, where are you?” her oldest brother’s voice came through the phone, worrid.

“Kev?” she whispered weakly.

“Yes, sweetie,” his voice slipped. “It’s me. Listen, we need you to tell us where you are or what you can see?”

“I can see light. Kev, please,” she pleaded. “Help me.”

Katherine felt tears running down her cheek as her kidnapper quickly took the phone out of her hand. “She’s fine here with me boys,” he said. “She’ll be perfectly safe with me, and she doesn’t need you Jonas’, don’t you?”

“Please, don’t,” she groaned, begging as more tears slid down her face.

“YOU BASTARD! LET HER GO! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU LAY A FINGER ON HER-”

“Nah-uh Joey boy,” he chuckled. “Back away or else she might not be so lucky.”

“What do you want from us? Money?” Joe voice came through the phone for the second time.

“All I want is to be recognized, and Kat of course.”

Katherine heard her phone suddenly being thrown against the wall as it broke into pieces.

“Now, where were we?” the voice stopped. “Ah, go sit down on the chair,” and the lights flickered on for the first time.

It was dim.

Katherine walked to the chair and sat. She looked at her kidnapper as he tied her down to the chair. She couldn’t identify him since he was hooded . The hood covered the man’s eyes and hair, and only his mouth could be seen.

The hooded figure turned around with a sharp knife in his hand.

Katherine jumped to the wrong conclusion. “What are you doing?” Katherine pleaded. “I haven’t done anything wrong!”

“No, you haven’t,” he agreed. “But you need a new look when I take you out. Now,” he put a blind fold over his eyes. “Let’s play a game shall we?” he grinned, raising the knife a little higher.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner by Surreal.and.Nice

Comment :)