Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Together Again

Image

Being reunited with your family that you haven’t seen for weeks is something heart warming. A feeling of relief and safety, and that’s how Katherine felt when her family came down to the small house she crashed at.

She broke down in tears of happiness as she gave each of her family members a hug. She had missed her family very much.

“Oh my god, you’re safe! Thank god!” Denise sighed in relief as she pulled her daughter into a tight hug. “You’re alive!”

Katherine chuckled. “I’m okay, mom,” she smiled. “Don’t worry about me. But honestly, I think I’m more worried about my hair,” she said, running her hand through her short brown hair. “It’s going to take forever to grow back now.”

“Didn’t it take like three years to get your hair that long?” Kevin asked, studying his sister’s new appearance.

“Oh, don’t remind me.”

“How could we have not been worried though?” Nick grinned, snatching a hug from his sister. “You were gone for weeks. I don’t think the family has been that worried before.”

“I know,” Joe nodded. “Nick even cried himself to sleep every night.”

Katherine laughed, and patted her younger bother’s curls of hair. “Aw, you’re growing up so fast!”

“Ha ha, shut up!”

“Miss Jonas,” a serious voice came.

Katherine turned around and found herself looking at a police officer. “Yes, sir?”

“Please come with us,” he ordered. “We need to talk to you about the recent event that had just occurred.”

The pair had walked off into a corner and began talking. Inevitably, Katherine gave them her statement. She told the whereabouts of her kidnappers and what they did to her. Minutes later, a group of policemen went to the small house she was trapped in.

“You’d be surprised at the fact how much mail we got from our fans, hoping that you’re safe and sound,” Joe chuckled as he approached his sister. “And we thought they really hated you.”

“I guess time changes everything,” Kevin commented.

“Oh my god, Nick!” Katherine said, like she remembered something.

“Yeah?”

“This might be a little weird since I’m your sister and everything but can you sign this?” she said, pulling out a napkin off the table.

Nick let out a laugh and nodded. “Who’s this for?” he asked, pulling a pen out of his pocket as he grabbed the napkin off his sister.

“Uh, her name is Cass – short for Cassie,” she explained. “She’s Damien’s sister and as weird as it sounds she’s the one who set me free to get your autograph.”

“Adorable,” he commented.

“Where’s Frankie?”

“Mom wouldn’t let him come because she reckons it was too dangerous,” Joe explained. “So the neighbors are babysitting him.”

“Right,” Katherine nodded, as she grabbed another napkin off the table. “Now, I need you three to sign this,” she said. “It’s for Cass, again.”

Katherine waited for her brothers finishing signing the napkin, as each of them left a personal note addressed to Cassie, and minutes later, the police came back with three more figures.

One was Damien’s friend, one was Cassie and the other one was Damien himself.

“I guess this would have never of worked out anyway,” Damien sighed, as he approached Katherine, with a policeman behind him, handcuffing him.

“Hey, back off mate,” Kevin said, shielding his sister from the predator. “You’ve done enough damage.”

“Sorry.”

“Kat!” an adorable voice called. “Kat! Oh my god, did you get their autographs?”

Katherine lifted the toddler off the ground and carried her in her arms. “Of course I did,” she smiled. “How could I have broken your promise?”

“Where is it?”

She grabbed the napkins off her brothers and handed them to Cassie.

“Thank you so much!” she smiled, wrapping her small arms around the brunette’s neck.

“You know,” Katherine grinned as she whispered into her ear. “They’re right behind you.”

Cassie’s eyes lit up as a smile grew onto her face. She turned around and squealed, as each of the brother’s gave her a hug.

“Where will Cassie stay now?” Katherine asked as a policeman approached her.

“She has relatives up north,” the policeman explained. “She’ll be staying with them permanently. They’ve been contacted and they’re on their way now to collect Cassie.”

Katherine smiled to herself as she watched the toddler squealing over her brothers. She sighed in relief, knowing that her life was now back together and everything was going to be perfect again.

“Hey, Kat, join us, will you?” Cassie asked.

Katherine nodded and walked up to the group. Finally, this was a happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Epilogue is next.
Then it's over.