Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Here Comes The Hate Mail

Katherine’s home was the place she felt safest. No-one was judging her. No-one was booing her, and no-one wanted to literally kill her. Her home was exactly what it should have been - the safest place in the world. Katherine sat quietly in her bedroom, glances up at the images on her wall every so often. She smiled at the pictures of herself and her brothers, her best friends and the rest of her Disney family.

She stood up and her white dress fell perfectly over her slim figure. She wondered over towards her suitcase in her cupboard and pulled it out, folding all her clothes in the process.

A soft knock came upon her door, “Come in.” She said to the person on the other side.

I door opened quietly, and Nick’s figure came into view. His curly brown locks fell over his eyes, and he smiled as her glanced up at his older sister.

“What’s up Nick?” She eyed the parcel in his hand, and he came and sat down next to her on her purple bed sheets.

“Ah this was just dropped of for you.” He seemed hesitant as he passed the parcel to a waiting Kat.

“Thanks fro Bro.” Kat smiled at him. Her fingers grazed over the name on the cover and then under the sealed flap. Elegantly, she lifted the seal and pulled out the letter inside. Her eyes gazed over it quickly – knowing exactly what it was.

GO DIE!
YOU CAN’T SING.
YOU CAN’T DANCE!
WE DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU BOTHER!
YOU ARE NOTHING LIKE YOUR BROTHERS – THEY’VE GOT THE TALENT!

YOU BELONG IN A HOLE!!!


Nick, who was apparently, was reading over her shoulder, pulled the letter out of his sister’s hand as she began to cry. Sob hysterically more like it. Nick wrapped his arms securely around Kat’s shoulders; her hands covered her face as her pulled her into his chest.

“Shhh, don’t cry Kat. It’s ok.” His voice was filled of anger. He hated seeing his sister like this. She let the little punks out there get to her. “Joe!” Nick’s voice echoed through the halls of the Jonas house, and not a moment later, the second eldest Jonas wondered into Kat’s room.

“What-” Joe took one glance at his crying sister, and his fists clenched at his side. Nick simply handed the letter to Joe.

As Katherine continued to sob hysterically into Nick’s arms, Joe exited the room and took the letter to his parents.

“Mom.” He too was almost to anger to even talk.

“What is it Joe?” Denise turned around from the dinner, and glanced at the red faced Joe.

“We need to sort this out!” He literally threw the letter at his mother, and watched as her face fell.

“Who would do this?” She had tears in her eyes. The pain caused to her daughter was enough to make a mother cry as well.

“Some mother f-” Joe began to curse.

“Joseph.” His mother scolded him and wondered up the stair to her daughter’s bedroom.

“Kat, if you don’t want to go on this tour…” Nick’s words caused Kat to glance up at her younger brother.

“Don’t worry Nicholas. I am going on this tour. I am going to sing in front of your fans – yes they may hate me… bu-but I’m not going to let-” Katherine wiped her mascara stricken cheeks.

“Kat… you don’t have to.” She shook her head at her mother.

“I do mom. If I don’t go then they win!” All four of them were silent.

Denise wondered forward and placed her hands on her daughter’s shoulders; she lent in and kissed her tenderly on her forehead, before whispering. “You better finish packing love; we leave exactly at 5.30 tomorrow.” Kat sighed and wiped her eyes one last time.

Nick kissed her tenderly on the forehead as well, hugging her one last time before leaving the room as well. “You can do this Kat.” Joe whispered, his arms crossed tightly against his chest, she nodded at his statement.

She could do this. She knew she was strong enough – but she did need her brothers, “I can’t do it without you guys though.” Her voice was soft and strained.

Joe smiled his most infamous smile, stepping forward, he hugged her tightly. “You won’t have to – we’re always here for you.”

She knew what he said was true. But she knew also that they would never feel what she was feeling right now. The letter she had just received was not the worst one she had ever gotten, but being sent to her home made her feel insecure, as if people now had to chance to get her – even though she was in the safest place in the world.

Tomorrow was the first day of tour, and Kat decided that tomorrow was the first day of her new self – it was her time to shine and to show the world how great she really was. Tomorrow hopefully was going to be the start of a something new.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter written by Kim.

Banner made by Mackie.

Comments, subscription and banners are all appreciated!


Image