Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Staying

"Want to go swimming?" Brendon asked.

"You have a pool?" I asked. I hadn't even seen it. Brendon nodded his head.

"So?" Brendon said.

"Well, I didn't bring my shorts with me," I said. And swimming sounded like such a good idea. It was so hot in Brendon's house.

"You can just borrow a pair of mine," Brendon said.

"I could just run over to my house.." I said.

"Nah," Brendon said. "Just take mine. There's no need to run next door."

"Fine," I said, deciding that I didn't feel like trying to talk my way out of it. Brendon ran up to his room and returned with a pair of red shorts. He handed them to me and I thanked him. I went to the bathroom and stripped off my clothes before pulling on the shorts. They fit perfectly. When I left the bathroom, I saw Brendon waitng for me, and wearing a pair of green shorts.

"This way," Brendon said, smiling at me. I followed him to the back door and we stepped out onto a deck. The pool was right next to the deck. Brendon set the towels he had been carrying down on a deck chair. I walked to the edge of the pool and stuck my toes in, shivering slightly.

"It's really co--," I started to say, but was shocked when I felt myself being pushed into the pool. A shock went through my spine from the sudden cold and the breath was forced from my lungs. My feet touched the bottom and I pushed myself up quickly, taking a deep breath of air as my head broke the surface. I saw Brendon grinning at me from the deck, before he jumped in causing a large splash to my right. When his head emerged, I smacked him in the back of the head.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For pushing me into the fucking pool," I said.

"Ah, cheer up Ryan," Brendon said. "The water feels amazing."

"Whatever," I said, heading for the ladder to get out of the pool.

"Where are you going?" Brendon asked.

"I'm getting out," I said. As I placed my foot on the bottom step of the ladder, I felt hands lock themselves on my shoulders, pulling me backwards. I slipped off of the ladder, falling under the water. I struggled instantly, feeling the hands now holding me under the water. I was panicing and quickly feeling the need for air increase. Finally the hands let go of me and I headed for the surface quickly, gasping for air as soon as my head was above the water. I turned angrily.

"What the fuck Brendon?!" I yelled. Brendon looked angry as well.

"Why don't you fucking just chill out?" Brendon asked. "I keep trying to be nice, but you keep being a fucking killjoy."

"Yeah," I said. "And I keep telling you that I don't fucking like you. The only reason I'm here is because I felt guilty."

"You know," Brendon said. "I don't need you to fucking be here if it's only because of guilt. Either stay because you want to or leave."

We stood glaring at each other.

"Fine," I said. I headed for the ladder. When I was on the deck I picked up a towel and dried myself as quickly as I could. As I was heading into the house, Brendon got out of the pool and started to dry himself as well. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom, changing quickly. When I was done, I looked out on the deck but saw that Brendon was gone. I walked upstairs and went to his Brendon. He was sitting on his bed, in boxers and a t-shirt, his face in his hands.

"Brendon," I said. He jumped and looked at me. I held up the towel and shorts. He came over and took them from me.

"I'm sorry about in the pool," Brendon said. I didn't say anything. I watched as Brendon through the towel and shorts with his own on the floor. Brendon returned to his bed, sitting down and looking out the window. I turned out of the room and headed to the stairs. I was having a battle in my head with myself. While Brendon had just tried to drown me, it was only because I was being incredibly rude. So it was sort of my fault. When I was half way down the stairs, I sighed and looked back. Brendon probably wouldn't seem like a psycho if I was actually nice to him. If I gave him a chance.

My mind made up, I turned and went back up the stairs and to Brendon's room. Brendon looked at me as I reentered his room.

"I'm going to stay," I said. "Not because I feel guilty, but because I want to. I'm sorry I've been acting like such an ass."

Brendon smiled at me.

"It's about time you noticed," Brendon said. "I don't think I've ever met anyone like you Ryan."

"I could say the same about you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't you proud of me? I updated again :]
Comments?
~Sally