Dead End Kids

Co-written by Catastrophic Hymns, aka Liz, and Druscilla Ryan.
Liz came up with the title and made the banner.

-

Back in 2004 Ryan Ross was a senior; Spencer, Dru, and Brendon were juniors; and Liz was a sophomore at Central Vegas High School.

Spencer was the under-the-radar practical joker with too much sense for his own good. Ryan was the oldest, the protector, the boy with a notebook and a 3.8 GPA who still managed to find time to get drunk and play guitar. Druscilla was the crazy girl who wrote about her favorite singers, worked at Starbucks, and listened to Ryan and Spencer rock out in her garage. They lived on the same block, hung out in the same garage, organized the same weekly get-drunk sleepovers, and listened to the same rock music.

Liz was a not-so-bad, not-so-good, girl misunderstood by anything with a badge number. Brendon was a quiet, awkward, musical genius who didn't fit in well. Hormones brought them together.

Liz and Druscilla knew each other casually through a few classes, but a party and a few bottles of beer melded the two groups into one.

As always, there is romance. Liz and Brendon's best-friends-with-benefits relationship is challenged by Brendon's growing feelings for Ryan. Druscilla's eyes have been following her shift manager, Jon, for far too long.

A crazy, hectic, humorous, perhaps at times melodramatic, but always fun story about growing up and growing close.

Are we growing up or just going down?