A Like Story.

Four

"What are you so happy about?" My mother asked quizzically.
"I have had one of the best days ever." Huge grin. I'm so buzzed.
"I see you've fallen over Kally."
"Twice." I beamed.
"Oh, and that’s a good day for you?" My mum laughed.
"Yeah, it is."
"So," Mum said, putting down the cup she was drying, "What happened today?"
"Oh lord. Heaps! Well, I was in English, and I was moved away for being a pain and then we get this new guy Jason, and he’s awesome and stuff and then he sits next to me and then he’s in most of my classes and he’s so cool, we both like" -I take a breath- "Viva La Bam and skating and he gets along well with the fellahs, then in art Lucy was whoring herself out to him so there prolly going out now and in art I snorted Supashake all over my art file but its clan now and everyone" -Another breath- "Laughed and as I was going to Drama with Brad I tripped and we told Mole Face where to go and then we had a Library class and I was swing on my chair and Brad asked me out and I fell off the chair."
"Wait, Brad Brad?" Mum asked.
"Yep." I beamed wider.
"I told you he was a bit of a spunk Kally.
"Yeah, put a sock in it."
"Sooooo...?
"Oh yeah, after school we went to the bags and we kissed."
"Lucky. Well, now I know how happy you are, I'd like to puncture the mood by telling you that your room is messy. And your Uncle is coming over tomorrow to visit, so I want your room looking less like a dungeon and more like a princess tower."
"Heh, fat chance." I muttered to Mum. There was no way in hell I was going to take down my posters - it had taken me a whole day to put them up perfectly. I lay on my bed and thought. Lots of things went through my head. Like classes and teachers and Jason. And Brad. I thought about the kiss. 'Not bad for my first' I told myself. I smiled and closed my eyes.

It was like the Kamikaze from Hell.
My Uncle, bless him -and he'll need it- has a dog. It's not a particularlary bug dog, it's just ... there.
Anyways, I have the feeling that I was stomped on by an elephant.
It was only Max. Damn mutt. He woke me up from my ...rather nice day-dream.
AND HE WAS ON MY BAD.
"MAAAAAAAAX!" I roared, lunging at him. He thought it was a game. He run around my room whipping everything into a frenzy. Damn mut. All my ground-lever posters were decimated. I eventually booted him out and shut the door.
And went back to day-dreaming.
Until the door opened. And I shrieked. I never shriek.
"Hey there Kally." My Uncle Mark said from the door. I clutched at my heart trying to catch my breath. He laughed. I laughed. It was bliss.
As much as Max is a pain in the ass, I love my Uncle Mark. He's one the most awesome adults I know. He doesn’t hate my room being covered in guys (Unlike my mother who thinks I'm a Nymphomaniac and would gladly have an orgy with Ville Valo, the CKY guys and Bam Margera. I told her with a wink one at a time. She freaked!), he likes Metal and the good old-school bands and he knows a few things about old, cars. He drives a fixed up burnt orange 1969 Charger and it is the best car known to man.
"So, Kally, whatcha trip over today?" I smiled. I was going to say my twanging heart, but that would have been clichéd. Besides, it was Brad I like, right?
"Urm, the usual. Rock here, snorted Supershake there..." I went on telling him about my art lesson (With some of the words changed) and we laughed and laughed. He was my relief. I can tell my mum these things, but she'll be so busy that it's not really as funny as I think it is. It's my fault too, if I'd just get up and DO something. Well, anyways. My mum is busy. Uncle Mark is like an older, male me. Were not clones, but were getting there.
Eventually, it was getting dark, so after a dinner of Chicken Keiv and Mash Potatoes, he had to go. I waited outside after mum (Who had to attend to the laundry) and Uncle Mark asked: "Your 16, right?"
"I was the last time I checked." I smiled.
"Cool. Well, one of my friends is fixing me up with a new Fairlane," Oh neat! I thought! A Fairlane! Gimmiegimmiegimmie?, "And I thought as you love my Charger so much, it's yours."
"You’re shitting me."
"No fucking way."
"Ohmigod!" I yelled and left into his arms. He laughed and teased me. He still does tease me about it. He'll get it one day ... maybe.