Status: Back in Business

Twilight

Did He Beat You?

"Hallo." Gustav and Georg greated me from the back.

"Hey. I'm Kitzia, or Kitz for short." I smiled.

"Tom, zu ihr nett sein." Bill said as he climbed in and closed the door.

"Hallo." He grumbled. "Nice house."

"Thanks." I looked at my one story house that was pretty big as we took off. It was painted a pale peach-ish color my mom and dad painted a long, long time ago.

"What happened to your face?" Cindy asked.

"Huh?" I turned to her, finding her and everyone now staring at me.

"Did your boyfriend beat you or something?" She smirked.

"What are you talking about, Cindy?" Bill glared at her.

"Her cheeks." She patted hers. "They are bruised and look at her eyebrow."

"Shit." I hissed under my breath, but they heard me.

Tom looked at me from the rear view mirror, I could see his face was still pretty bad from yesterday. Sympathy flashed in his eyes for a split second until he noticed I was looking at him. "Nah," I shook my head. "Just got into a fight."

"Who did you fight?" Georg startled me from behind.

"Ek!" I squeaked jumping up, making everyone laugh at me.

"What happened to your face?" Bill asked me as he approached a stop light.

"I got into a fight." I sighed. "My mom's ex came to the house drunk and high. I fought with him and this happened. "I pointed at my face. "And I broke my hand even worse."

"How did you break your hand?" Tom asked.

"I punched a dumpster during work when you guys were there." I chuckled. "Then I punched the crap out of him later after it was already broken."

"Why would you punch a dumpster?" Gustav asked.

"My boss is a pain in the ass."

"Ohhh." They all chorused.

"Yeah. Yup." I nodded. "Life's a bitch, then you die."

"Harsh words for a girl." Georg said.

"Well," I turned to him. "Shows you how much life has screwed me over."

"Ooookay." Bill cut in cheerful as the aurora was darkening. "Where are we going?"

"Where can we go?" Cindy turned to me.

"Umm." I tried to think in hyper-mode. "There is San Fransisco where you can go to Fisherman's Wharf and stuff."

"What is a wharf?" They asked.

"It is like a..." I tried to think of a way to explain it. "Ship dock place. Its pretty cool though."

"What can you do there?" Gustav asked.

"It's like where Pier 31 is." I told them. "They have stores. You can take a boat to the prison. People perform on the docks. Seafood places. Umm. Chocolate store-"

"We are going!" Tom was quick to shout in.

"And a few other kinds of stuff." I told them. "It is close to the actual part of the big city."

"Kitz." Tom called me for the first time. "Can you give me the directions to get there."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Just about twenty minutes from here."

"Point the way." Gustav said.

"Take a turn here." I pointed. "You need to get on this freeway."

"Ya." Tom nodded following my instructions.

"What else is there?" Bill asked.

"They have an aquarium. Sea lions. Stores. Ummm." I tried to think of what else they had.

"Do they have clubs?" Cindy asked.

"How should I know?" I shrugged. "I can't get in any."

"Wait." Georg leaned on my head rest. "How old are you?"

"15." I gave a shied smile.

"Bill, you asked out a 15 year old?" Tom laughed. "Niiice."

"We are just hanging out, Tom." Bill said with clenched teeth.

"She has a boyfriend, remember Tom." Gustav smirked, Tom instantly stopped smiling and glared.

"Do they have any attractions?" Georg asked.

"Sometimes they have things, but I don't know." I told them. "They also sometimes have bands and stuff come and play. Or parades."

"Is there one today?" Bill asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged as I pulled my sleeves up to scratch my upper casted arm.

When I looked up, I saw everyone's eyes on me. It was weird and my shyness came through. My left hand quickly pulled my sleeve down. And then I did the mistake of pulling my hair back behind my ear. "Was?" I asked looking around.

"Does it hurt?" Bill asked as his fingers gently scaled across my cheeks and then my eyebrow.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Just don't touch it!" I whined. "It hurts."

"Sorry!" He quickly retracted his hand.

"No worrys." I chuckled and turned to look forward. "Tom, take that exit to take the bridge." I pointed.

"I got it. I got it." He ranted.

"Hey Tom." Georg called out. "Put the radio on."

"To what?" Tom asked as he turned on random station.

"P.S. I Love You!" I cheered as it blasted on.

"You like that song?" Bill asked.

"Yup!" I nodded and started to sing along. "Crossed my t's and dot my i's. Better say hello, don't you dare good-bye."

"Turn it up!" Bill shouted to a glaring Tom.

It was kinda weird singing alone to this song as we drove over the bridge. Bill was laughing as I sang bouncing up a bit to the beat of the drums. In the middle of the song, Bill kinda got the lyrics and joined my singing.

"Alright, that's enough you two." Tom said turning down the volume. "Which way?"

"Um." I leaned over and pointed out the way.