Status: Finished

A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Chapter Nineteen

Lily’s POV

Gerard came half way through science. When he walked in I smiled at him and he smiled back, this rewarded some glares from Hannah and her posse. I ignored them and continued smiling at Gerard. Science and German passed and it was time for detention. I was going to spend it trying to find a way to get back at Charlie and Meghan. Gerard and I walked into detention together, which caused Frank to raise his eyebrows, Meghan to giggle then nudge Mikey in the ribs, Mikey cried out in pain and Maddy looked at us and tried to smile. Gerard looked pissed off, but I just ignored it, I knew that it would happen if they found out. I sat down next to Mikey and Gerard sat down next to me. This caused Meghan to nudge Gerard, and Gerard just turned and looked at her and she stopped.
“Gerard’s the only one that can control Meghan…it’s weird,” Mikey said from beside me.
“It is,” I replied.

Meghan went and sat next to Frank and Maddy. Meghan and Frank started fighting about which Powerpuff Girl was the best. Frank thought Bubbles was while Meghan thought Buttercup was. It was funny, Frank and Meghan were so alike, yet they fought all the time.
“They are so alike it’s funny,”
“Yeh, you’d expect them to be a couple and you’d expect Mikey and Maddy to be a couple, but I guess opposites attract,” Gerard replied to my comment.
“Why do they fight all the time?”
“We asked them and Meghan said ‘It’s because I don’t want there to be another me’ or something like that,” he answered.
“Sounds like Meghan,”
“Yeh…”
“Umm…Gerard and Mikey, could you help me?”
“Yes,” they said at the same time.”
“Well…I not only need to get Charlie back…but I need to get Meghan back for that outburst yesterday,”
“So you like him Lily?” Mikey asked and I nodded.
“Like who? How do you know who she likes? SOMEBODY TELL ME!”
I gave Mikey a look that said, tell him and I kill you. He nodded in understanding.
“Sorry Ge-tard, but you weren’t there so you miss out,”
“Weren’t where?”
“Lounge room yesterday, when Meghan yelled out who Lily likes,”
“Ok…I thought I heard something,”
“Did you hear who she likes?”
“Nope, I just heard Meghan yell something,”
“Good…”
Gerard was acting weird for the rest of the detention. He whispered something to Mikey and Mikey started giggling and told Meghan. Meghan told Frank and Frank told Maddy, so the whole room was filled with giggling. I looked at Gerard and he was red as a tomato.
“What’s with all the giggling?” I asked him.
“Umm…nothing,”
“Gerard…Likes…” Meghan said before she was overcome with laughter.
Gerard went even redder and Mikey started laughing again.
“Why is Gerard’s crush so funny…it’s not Hannah is it?”
That made Meghan laugh harder, even Maddy started laughing.
“No, but that would be SO funny…” Maddy said after her short outburst of laughter.

After detention Gerard dropped Meghan and Maddy off, then me…Mikey sat in the backseat giggling the whole time. I walked inside wondering who Gerard likes….and why it was so funny. I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink and I saw Lexi with another little girl making cupcakes.
“Hey Lex, who’s this?” I asked pointing to her friend.
“This is Jackie, my new friend and we’re making cupcakes,”
“Hi Jackie…have fun,”
I walked out of the kitchen and said hello to my dad. He wasn’t happy…some client that he had today was annoying him and was immature; he hates that.

Gerard’s POV:

I was not happy; I don’t understand why it’s so funny that I like Lily. I was going to kill Mikey.
“You should ask Lily out,” Mikey said walking into my room.
I choked on the cup of coffee I happened to be drinking at that moment.
“What?”I spluttered
“You should ask Lily out,” Mikey said.
I looked at him as if he had two heads.
“And why would I do that?”
“Because you two are perfect for each other!”
“I don’t want to feel the pain of rejection,”
“I’m pretty sure she won’t reject you, just ask her out,”
“No…”
Mikey spent the rest of the night insisting that I ask her out, he got so annoying that I did something and he went and told mum. I hate when little brothers do that. After being yelled at for about an hour mum let me go to bed.
Mikey had decided that we should go to the amusement park soon, he didn’t care if he got more detentions; all he wanted was to go on the new roller coaster at adventure land. He was going to tell everyone about this at school today, but I had another session. This time mum made sure that it was in the morning so I didn’t miss too much of school.

I was yet again the immature person in my session today, but I did find out what his name was…Dr. Mark Harris. Not that it matters…but I swear I’ve heard that name somewhere before. Anyway, I was contemplating whether or not I should go to Maths, but I decided I should…I could talk to Lily then. I walked into Maths, and I wished I didn’t…it was SO boring.

At lunch Mikey told everyone his idea and everyone agreed. Bob would pick up Frank, Ray, Charlie, Bob and Meg. I would pick up Maddy, Meghan and Lily. I requested that I didn’t drive while Meghan was in the car after what happened last time but Mikey said that he was putting duck tape over her mouth and tying her hands with rope.
“What’s with the rope?” Lily asked
“She’ll take off the tape if we don’t tie her up,”
“Oh…ok,”

In detention Frank and Meghan were playing an intense game of hangman, Maddy was drawing and writing stuff and Mikey, Lily and I were thinking of ways to get back at Charlie and Meghan. We weren’t succeeding. Mikey kept on telling me to ask Lily out, after me glaring at him; he finally got the point and went over to talk to Maddy.
“Who’s your psychiatrist?” Lily randomly asked.
“Umm…some dude,” I said…I forgot his name.
“My dad’s a psychiatrist, we moved here because he had a big job working at a depression institute close by,”
“What institute is that?”
“Careyville Gardens,”
“I go there,”
“Really? Maybe you know my dad,”
“Maybe…”
“He’s Dr. Mark Harris,”
I gulped…I thought I knew that name.
“He’s my doctor,”
“Wait…you don’t happen to be the immature one?”
“Umm…I think that’s me,”
“He really doesn’t like you, wait…he was angry on Sunday because you didn’t turn up to your session, you were at the mall with us,”
“Yeh…”

Now I can never go out with her, her dad knows how much of a mess I am and about the suicide attempts; I haven’t actually spoken to him in our sessions, but mum filled him in on everything. It doesn’t really help that he thinks that I’m immature and that he obviously doesn’t like me. There is no way that I can date her now.

A couple of times over the last 2 years, I have tried to kill myself. Mum found me on a bathroom floor once and I had to be in hospital for a couple of days, this was when they discovered my depression. I had to promise to Mikey that I would never attempt suicide again; he was a wreck when he found out what I had been doing. Mikey is the only reason I’m alive today, if he hadn’t made me promise, I would be dead. I love Mikey so much, I couldn’t ask for a better brother and best-friend.

I’d been on Anti-depressants before and I hated them. They made me feel like I was an empty shell; I could feel nothing…no emotions at all, I would prefer to feel total sadness over nothing, I hate feeling numb. Thinking about being emotionless and stuff made me think of Maddy and how blank her face is all the time and when it’s not blank, it’s sad…wait…could Maddy be suffering from depression?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments= Updates
Thanks to XxVengeancexX, for commenting...a lot XD