Status: Finished

A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Chapter Twenty-Three

Lily’s POV:

After detention we all went to Frank’s house…it was Friday so I told my parents I was staying at Charlie’s house…they wouldn’t feel comfortable about me staying at a guy’s house, especially when my boyfriend was going to be there. We sat in his basement playing games and reading comics until his sister came home. His sister was short, had purple and black hair, purple eyes, snake bites and lots piercings in her ears. She wore an electric blue and black skirt, fishnet stockings, knee high boots and a black and purple singlet. On her left arm she had an AFI tattoo.
“Hey my names Pip,” she said smiling.
“I’m Lily,” I said shyly.
“Pretty name…FRANK!”
“Yes?”
“I didn’t get your drinks!”
“What? But you promised!”
“Yes…but yesterday I let you get a new tattoo so…”
“Oh…sorry guys,”
We went back into the basement, Pip didn’t join us. Since there was a lack of seats I sat on Gerard’s lap. Neither of us complained…
“So…how do you like Olivia?”
“Olivia?”
“My sister…she probably introduced herself as Pip…”
“How does Pip come out of Olivia?”
“Olivia…Olive…Pip…I think she was drunk when she came up with it…or high,”
“How old is she?”
“21…she works in a music store and a tattoo parlour,”
“Awesome!”
“Anyway…do you like her?”
“Umm…Yeh…she looked awesome,”
“Her favourite colour’s purple…it explains the eyes, hair and clothes.”
“Cool,”

We ordered pizza and watched ‘The Dark Knight’…I loved that movie…Heath Ledger has always been one of my favourite actors, he’s Australian, it was so sad when I found out that he had passed away. After the movie finished Frank and Maddy went to get sugar filled things and popcorn…and Gerard got coffee. Frank then but on a horror film…eep. Let’s just say that I had turned the whole time…I burrowed it into Gerard’s chest.

I’d obviously fallen asleep because I woke up as Gerard was trying to move me.
“Sorry,” he whispered.
“It’s ok,” I mumbled, getting off of his lap.
He got up and went upstairs. I looked around the room, everyone was asleep; Meghan and Frank filled the room with snores. Gerard came down the stairs, sat down then pulled me on his lap. I cuddled into him and fell asleep.

Gerard’s POV:

I watched Lily as her breathes became even…she looked so peaceful in her sleep. Soon enough I fell asleep.

Mikey, Lily and Grandma Elena were all smiling and being happy…flames, lots of flames…the were engulfed by flames…the screaming started…blood-chilling screaming…I could hear Grandma Elena choking on the smoke that was building up…I tried to get to her….but the flames…I heard Lily scream my name…I ran…but the smoke stopped me…I needed air…I was surrounded by smoke…I could hear Mikey dying close by…all I saw was orange …screaming…fire… smoke…and death…I collapsed in a heap and-

“WAKE UP!!!” Mikey yelled.
I woke up to a room full of tired people looking at me weirdly.
“Gerard…you were screaming again,” Mikey explained
“Again?” Maddy asked
“He’s been doing this for about 3 weeks now…he’s got insomnia,”
“That’s why you drink so much coffee…” Charlie said
“Nope…I drink a lot of coffee anyway…”
“Gerard I thought I told you to talk about it to the counsellor,” Mikey said…sternly?
“I did…he didn’t really help…”
“I find that hard to believe,”
I really didn’t want to talk about this…I hadn’t listen to Dr. Harris…I hadn’t taken the pills.
“Can we go back to sleep now?” Meghan grumbled.
Mikey gave me a look that said ‘This conversation will be continued later’. Everyone went back to their places…except for Lily.
“I’m going to go get a coffee…” I mumble.
I walked up the stairs and into the kitchen. Pip was in there making coffee.
“Who was the one yelling?” Pip mumbled…still half asleep.
“Me…nightmare…” I replied.
“Oh…I made you a cup,” Pip said handing me a coffee.
“How did you know I was going to have one?” I asked suspiciously.
She raised her eyebrows.
“When I heard the yelling I automatically knew that you would come up for one…whenever you wake up you need one,” she explained.
“How come everyone can read me like a book?” I exclaimed
“Because you love coffee so much?”
“Yeh…” I replied
The kitchen was silent except for the slurping of coffee. After I finished my coffee…and poured another, I decided to break the silence.
“So…do you like Lily?”
“Dunno…didn’t really talk to her…she’s pretty…”
“Yeh…she likes your style,”
“Really? She seemed…preppy,”
“Preppy on the outside, us on the inside,”
She raised her eyebrows.
“Ok…Anyway…are you planning on getting a piercing or a tat soon?”
“No…never…scared of needles,”
“HA…sorry…Frank got another one yesterday…Maddy’s name…I told him not to…but young love…”
I finished my coffee and poured another. Pip raised an eyebrow and I smiled. I love coffee…I live on coffee.
Pip finished her coffee, said goodnight then went to bed. I stayed up and drank 2 more cups of coffee…this can’t be good for me, but it’s SO GOOD!

I sneaked down the stairs to see everyone asleep…but Lily. She was sitting on the couch waiting for me. I sat down and she slid onto my lap.
“What took you so long?” she whispered.
“I had 5 cups of coffee,” I whispered back.
She raised her eyebrows in surprise…then smiled. I pulled her closer, she rested her head on my chest and she fell asleep. I was left there, fully awake to watch her sleep.

Lily’s POV:

I woke up at about the same time everyone else did. Gerard was playing with my hair; I lifted my head and looked at him. He looked really tired, big bags underneath his eyes showed his sleepless night. I heard movement from the other side of the room, I turned and Frank was getting everyone up to make breakfast. I slowly got off Gerard’s lap and beckoned him to follow me.
“Nah…I’ll come in a few minutes,” he said shaking his head.
I shrugged and followed everyone up the stairs.

Making of breakfast was horrific. Frank, Meghan, Mikey and Maddy were having a whipped cream fight. Bob was burning the toast, Ray was reading the comics in the newspaper, Meg was trying to find something in the fridge and Charlie was trying to make coffee while half asleep…and failing.

After about half an hour breakfast was ready. I’d made blueberry pancakes, coffee and unburnt toast. When everyone sat down I noticed that Gerard still hadn’t come up yet. I went down stairs and spotted Gerard basically passed out on the couch…and snoring. I quietly took a picture with my phone and walked back up the stairs and joined everyone.

After the last pancake had been eaten Meghan realized that Gerard wasn’t there.
“Wait a second…where’s puke boy?” Meghan asked really loudly.
Everyone laughed then looked around just realizing that he wasn’t around to hear the insult.
“He’s asleep,” I told them
“Hope he doesn’t start screaming again,” Bob said throwing an uneaten blueberry at Ray, which got stuck in his afro.
Everyone migrated to watch cartoons while Meg and I washed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates

Thanks to:
XxMsGerardPunkWayxX
iSundae
XxVengeancexX
trappedxinxreality