Status: Finished

A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Chapter Twenty-Four

Gerard’s POV:

I woke up to any empty room…I guess I fell asleep, the last thing I remember was Lily going upstairs. I got up and stretched. I slowly made my way up the stairs and into the kitchen. Lily and Meg were in the kitchen cleaning up. I walked over to the coffee machine and started making coffee. Lily turned around and smiled.
“Hello Sleeping Beauty!” she said cheerily.
I gave her a sleepy smile; I needed coffee to wake me up.
“Umm…I made breakfast but you were like unconscious,”
“Really? How long did I sleep for?”
“About an hour…here…this is a picture of you sleeping,” she said handing me her phone.
I looked at the picture. It was me on the couch, head back and mouth open and I could see the tiniest bit of dribble at the side of my mouth. I didn’t look very attractive.
“You look so cute!” Lily giggled.

I’d drunk 3 cups of coffee before I walked into the lounge room, another cup in my hand. I looked around the room…they were watching Powerpuff Girls…and Ray had about 3 blueberries in his afro.
“Ray…you have blueberries in your hair,” I told him.
Bob started laughing loudly…we found the culprit! Charlie got the blueberries out while hinting that he should straighten it. I sat down on the only couch space left and drank my coffee. I smiled at the warmth and goodness that spread through me. Lily came into the room and sat down on my lap. I looked at the screen and Mojo-Jojo was about to take over the city. It’s sad that I know the name of the villain…I don’t even watch the show.
“Guys…do you think that we should start inviting Kaylah to these things?” Meg asked.
“NEVER!” Meghan yelled...everyone ignored it.
The room was a mix between yes and no.
“Gerard?” Meg said, directing the question at me.
“Umm…if she wants to…”
“Gerard…do you have counselling today?” Mikey asked.
“No…I don’t have it on Thursdays or Saturdays,”

We planned on going somewhere this afternoon…everyone went home and we were going to meet at the park in about 3 hours. I had a shower, got changed then had another 3 cups of coffee. I was ready! Mikey came down when I was eating some of mum’s home made brownies.
“So…what did the counsellor say about the dreams?” he said sitting down next to me and taking a brownie.
“At first he said he couldn’t help me...then he asked a few more questions, like who was dying? He then paid me out…saying that I’m too dark to get a girlfriend…he doesn’t know that I’m dating his daughter,”
“WHAT?” Mikey exclaimed spitting out some of the brownie.
“My psychiatrist is Lily’s dad,”
“Wow…what else did he say?”
“That…umm…that if I took my anti-depressants that the dreams will go away,”
“GERARD!! YOU HAVEN’T BEEN TAKING YOUR PILLS!!!!” Mikey yelled
“Shh! I don’t want mum to find out!”
“TAKE THE FRICKIN’ PILLS GERARD!!! I ACTUALLY WANT TO HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP FOR ONCE!!” Mikey continued ignoring me.
“I hate being on the pills…they make me feel numb, I prefer to feel sad than nothing!”
“Take the pills…don’t take the recommended amount…just take enough for the dreams to go away!”

I listened to Mikey…I had too, he would know if I didn’t take the pills. I felt nothing now. When we got to the park everyone immediately felt a change in me. Maddy and Mikey were the only ones that knew what was going on. Everyone else thought it was from lack of sleep. Meghan came running up to me.
“What’s your coffee count today?” she asked me.
“Depends…does 3 am this morning count as today?”
“Yes!”
“Umm…I think its…13?”
“I’ve had 7 coffees, 6 red bulls and 8 cokes!”
“I can tell,”
Everything that came out of my mouth didn’t sound much like me. I looked over at Lily…she looked really worried, I forced a smile and she smiled in return even though we both know it was fake. I didn’t want her to get too worried about me so I walked over to her and put my arm around her waist. She smiled…it wasn’t a fake smile either.
“I forgot to ask…how’s the band going?” Lily asked brightly
“Its better, we’ve started on a song…it’s not completely good yet…Gerard hasn’t been able to go to practise because of being grounded, counselling and all the other things he does,” Mikey replied.
“Oh…maybe I can hear it some time,”
“Yeh!” I said, trying to sound happy.

After more than an hour of discussions, we decided to go t the movies…and Meg was going to invite Kaylah. When we were at the cinema we then had to choose a movie to go to. There was Twilight (all the guys said no), Bolt (Meghan and Frank yelled yes), Bride Wars (Again…guys said no), Yes Man (Big winner with the guys…but the girls said no) and Madagascar 2…which was so far the winner.
“BOLT!” Meghan yelled.
“Fine…we’ll go to Bolt,” Charlie sighed.
“YAY!!!” Frank and Meghan exclaimed running around.
“OH MY GOD!” Charlie exclaimed pointing behind us.
I turned to face a girl about our age. She had bleach blonde hair which was a mixture of pink, purple, blue and green at the front. She wore black skinny leg jeans, pink converses and a black hoodie. She had a lot of eyeliner on and a nose ring.
“Hi,” the girl waved to us
“Hi Kaylah,” Lily greeted the girl.
WOW! Kaylah…that’s Kaylah? She looked completely different…she did not look preppy anymore…she looked like one of us.

Bolt was a good movie but someone got bored and started a pop-corn fight…it ended when Meghan yelled at us. After we left the cinema we went to get some ice-cream…I got coffee flavoured. After devouring my ice-cream I joined the conversation.
“What’s the name of the lead singer of Escape the Fate?” Kaylah asked
“Umm…Craig Mabbit or Ronnie Radke…” Meg answered
“Ronnie Radke is hot!” Charlie exclaimed.
“But he has a goatee!” Frank said
“It’s better than an afro,” Charlie said poking her tongue out at Ray.
“You love the ‘fro…don’t deny it!” Ray said smirking
“Mikey…” Meghan whined
“What?” Mikey asked sweetly…ah, young love.
“Can you grow a goatee for me?” she asked sweetly.
The look on Mikey’s face was priceless. When Mikey didn’t answer Meghan put some of her chocolate ice-cream on her fingers and painted a goatee on him.
“That’s good enough for me!” Meghan said licking her fingers.
“Gerard…I reckon you would look good with a nose ring,” Lily stated.
“Lily, that’s going to happen when pigs fly,” Meghan said still licking her fingers.
“I know…I was just saying,” Lily said smiling at me.
I smiled back, it was really hard not to…her smile always made me feel happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates

Thanks to:
iSundae
secrets-that-die
XxVengeancexX