This Time, I Mean It

How Would It Work?

We were still sitting at the table and had only just realised we were the only ones left in the restaurant, waiters were hovering around us obviously waiting for us to leave, so they could clear away and get home to their loved ones.

We were totally oblivious to everything around us.

I’d had such a great evening with Bob, he hadn’t stopped making me laugh with all sorts of stories about the guys and what they used to get up to, about his childhood and his parents but funnily enough he hadn’t mentioned anything about previous girlfriends. Had he had many long-term girlfriends before? I didn’t know, he hadn’t said anything about them. It was difficult to ask and really, anyway I didn’t want to know about previous girlfriends, all I wanted to talk about was him, or us and where our time together was leading.

Well, for now, it was going to lead me back to his hotel room.

We’d had a drink in the bar, it was just before midnight, the time drawing near to when the evening would either end or we’d continue it….elsewhere.

So we continued it because I didn’t want to leave him, I didn’t want to go home to my empty apartment and cold bed, I wanted to be with Bob.

And now, nothing was going to stop me.

**

He held my hand in his all the way up to the room, his hand was warm and huge and it just made me feel protected somehow. We got out of the elevator on the top floor and he led me along to his room, we hadn’t spoken, obviously aware at what was about to happen here.

The room was stuffy and hot so Bob went over to the windows to open them up, he stepped out onto the balcony and looked out over the city, the air cool, the slight noise of the hustle and bustle below in the background, people were going about their lives in New York City, while we, we were here, alone.

I stood next to him as he looked out, wondering what he was thinking.

“Do you like it here in New York?” I asked him, aware of his body heat next to me.

“I love it, I love coming here and one day I’d like to live here, may be after this tour I shall look for somewhere around here to live.” He said then looked at me, just stared at me then I felt his hand on the side of my face. I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to meet mine and they did, his lips soft and his beard tickling me as it touched. I wanted him like I’d wanted no other; this huge guy with the sandy blonde hair, he just did it for me.

He pulled away and spoke.

“Shall we go inside,” he said in that voice that had turned my stomach to mush remembering it as we spoke on the phone earlier.

I just nodded then he took my hand and led me in.

“Are you OK?” He said turning to me, concern in his eyes.

”I’m fine,” I said then I smiled at him. “Have you…have you got anything?” I asked him.

“Condoms?” He said turning to me.

I nodded.

“I haven’t.” He said but I must have looked disappointed. “Hey, it’ll be OK, we can still, well…” he said and he was blushing heavily. I never could imagine Bob blushing and now here he was blushing away in front of me because we didn’t have any condoms but we wanted to obviously be together. There were still things we could do without condoms

“Come here,” he said. He was holding his arms out to me and I went to him, letting him wrap his arms around me, his huge muscular arms, squeezing me slightly as I closed my eyes and leant against him feeling his warm fingers caress the back of my neck then down to the zip in my dress which, before I knew it was undone. It was a strapless dress and I hadn’t worn a bra so when the dress fell away from me he could see everything and I could see the desire evident in his eyes.

Then, he touched my face again; I so liked it when he did that. His body pressed against mine as he kissed me, his hand travelled down my neck and the top of my breasts causing me to shiver. Please touch me, I want to feel your fingers on me, all over me I thought to myself as he gently guided me backwards, laying me gently on the bed as his kisses left my lips and trailed down my neck, his mouth taking one of my nipples, teasing it with his tongue, my other nipple being teased by his fingers and I moaned out loud.

His kisses continued down, down towards my tummy button and he flicked out his tongue, tickling me and making me smile then he removed my little boxers leaving me exposed and vulnerable, wanting and needing even more.

Suddenly, like a jolt of electricity he’d touched me there, gently teasing me with his fingers, right there and I couldn’t stop myself from arching my body into his hand, closing my eyes, biting my lip as he found my bud and ran his finger back and forth over it.

His kisses grew lower until he’d replaced his fingers with his tongue and that was it, two flicks of that tongue, his lip ring rubbing against me and I came, quickly because that was all it took from Bob, as I shuddered my desire against his mouth, this man who scared me slightly because I was aware that I was under his spell and he’d taken me to a place that I’d never been to before.

My breathing was heavy as he took me in his arms and I leant against him, he fully clothed and me totally naked, his rough jeans brushing against my bare legs.

“Are you OK?” he said once again, just checking how I was, this cute, considerate bear of a man.

I nodded against him as he kissed the top of my head, his breath hot.

“Are you?” I said looking up at him and as I did so I reached into his jeans causing him to gasp then smile as I wrapped my hand around his hot firmness.

It was his turn now.

**

The next day I felt down, we’d said our goodbyes promising to be in contact but on the way home to wash and change for work I felt low. How would this work? Suddenly I didn’t want to be going to the gallery to work at all I wanted to fly off to LA to be with Bob, to spend time with him, to share experiences with him and to sleep with him and wake up with him lying alongside me.

I realised then how Kitty must feel about Gerard, how amazing sex could be like Kitty was always saying to me and I’d never believed her.

Now I did and that had just been a taster, not even full sex.

It had been amazing.

But when would we be together again? I just didn’t know, I wanted him but wasn’t sure where it would lead because this was the guy that didn’t even want to marry in the future, may be he wasn’t into serious relationships at all.

And I was.

How was it going to work?