The Takeover

Present Day Introductions

2007

I laughed as I ran past Lenny. She growled at me, she hates to lose. As of right now, we were moving. All of our stuff is there, but we wanted to run instead of drive. To make it fun we made a bet, whoever get’s to a school last has to enroll us. We don’t have parents, they died a long time ago.. and we don’t have anyone to play as a parent. I broke out of the woods and ran into a parking lot. I stopped and looked around, I was at a school. Lenny came out of the woods and stopped in front of me.

“No fair! You cheated!” she pouted

“How did I cheat?” I ask her, she bit her lip

“I don’t know, you just did” I laugh and put my arm around her

“How about we do this, I’ll enroll myself and you enroll yourself” I offer, she smiles

“Okay” she suddenly got tense “I didn’t see that”

“Lenny? What’s wrong” a gust of wind flew by my nose, my eyes widen “A GATHERING!!” I shrieked. She nodded.

“Kady, you gotta use spirit to find out what’s going on” I only nodded and closed my eyes. I let my spirit wander until it found a house, there were vampires everywhere, I started telling Lenny what I was seeing

“There’s a lot of vamps there. A little girl, she’s half vamp. The vampires are there to support the family, as witnesses to the little girl growing. I can’t tell for what. A big vampire, he’s approaching wat looks like the leader of the original coven. The big guy and another just left.” Lenny broke my concentration with a growl

“Two vamps, I think they might be your boys.” She said. I quickly got next to her as the two vamps I saw came out of the woods. The big one crouched into an attacking position, I quickly got in front of Lenny and crouched, showing my fangs. The other boy started talking.

“Who are you? What is your purpose here?” he said

“I am Lenobia, This is my sister, Kady.” She gestured to me, I felt him start to come into my mind, I blocked it.

“I’m Edward, this is Emmett.” Edward said back, he tensed, I smirk. “What is your purpose here?”

“Aww, poor Edward can’t figure it out.” I mock, Emmett snarled at me, causing me to snarl back

“Oh, so you’re a mind reader.” Lenny said “Well, We have just recently maintained a residence nearby. We did not know another coven was already here.” She explained. They both relaxed when they heard we would be living here. Edward made Emmett stand, but I stayed crouched.

“Why can’t I read her mind, how is she blocked?” he asked, looking at me

“Do you not want to know why you can’t read either one of our minds?” Lenny asked him

“Actually, I’m guessing you’re a mental shield. However, I was getting into her mind and then got closed out.”

“Very smart, but not exactly. Fine, she can control the elements, my guess is that when you tried to get into her mind, she called spirit to block it.” She laughed “Don’t worry about Kady, she’s only still crouched for protection. It is a habit she made when she was changed, when their was a war going on.”

“She can control the elements?” Emmett asked. I slowly got up.

“Yes, she can control Wind, Fire, Water, Earth, and Spirit. All 5 elements.” The boys looked skeptical.

“All 5 elements. That could help us Ed.” Emmett said

“I can show you. If you don’t believe her.” I said, finally speaking up.

“Would you mind if we go to Carlisle first. I want him to see this as well.” Edward said. We nodded and we all ran to his house.

“Carlisle! You need to see this.” Emmett said out loud, as they lead us to the back yard, where all the vamps were. A young man appeared in front of us. Edward explained what was going on with us.

“All the elements?” he said

“Apparently, I just wanted to make sure.” Edward said. Carlisle nodded.

“Very well,” he turned towards me “Kady? Correct?” he said, I nodded “Would y mind showing us your power.” I smiled and only nodded.

“I’ll need some space.” I said. He turned towards the others and had them form a circle. Well, he didn’t tell them to make a circle, that’s just how it happened. Lenny squeezed my hand as we walked to the middle. I talked to them all. “Lenny is going to help me. It works better with an opponent.” I explained. We put some space between us. “Wind first.” I controlled my thoughts and focused on the wind. I stretched my arms up and I felt he wind circling me. I threw out my arms and the wind sped up and blew towards her, knocking her defense-less. I called it back and sent her back to the circle “um, I need an object for fire” all of a sudden a chair was in front of me “Thank you” I focused on fire and could feel the flame in my eyes. I shot my arms out again and the chair immediately caught fire. I called back the fire and focused on water and again shot my arm out. The chair was drenched in a matter of seconds. I ignored the chair and focused on a spot near Edward. I put my hand towards the ground and slowly lifted it, a tree coming out of the ground. I stopped it when was as tall as their house, then I lowered it back. “I don’t know how to do this one.. oh! I know.” I looked at Carlisle “Is there a room in your house that can’t be seen?” I ask him. He nods and I smiled, “Can you send someone in there, I would send Lenny but I don’t want you to think this was planned” he nodded and picked a girl named Bella to go in the room “OK, what I need you to do is chose one thing and put it in a different spot” I called spirit and lead it into the room, without breaking concentration I told Bella she could go inside, I watched her enter the room, she picked something out and placed it in a different spot. She looked around and saw the spirit, she smiled and came back out. I called spirit back to me.

“OK, what was the purpose of that” Edward said, I looked at Bella

“Bella, you moved a CD.. you put it in the closet. Correct?” I asked, she nodded and I smile “You saw it didn’t you?”

“Yea, What was that?” I laughed

“It’s my spirit. Only people who are mental shields can see it.” I explained. She nodded and Carlisle came up to me.

“Kady, I know this is asking a lot of you but,” he paused “Could you and Lenobia help us. I won’t ask you to vou-“ I stopped him

“Carlisle, we will vouch for you. If it becomes necessary then we will fight for you as well.” I said

“My dear, I can’t ask you to lie.” He said

“You don’t have to, Lenny saw Nessie growing and in turn, I saw her aging and growing. Lenny can see the past, that’s how I can remember mine.” I explain “So, when is this thing?”

“Today.. in fact we need to get to the clearing now. Kady, you are going to be one of our better fighters, can you stand in front with us.” Lenny looked scared, but I nodded and we all went to the clearing

**You all should know what happens in the clearing in Breaking Dawn so I’m not gonna write it down**

I was standing there, when two people came into the field. I couldn’t see one of them, but I could tell he was a gut. The other was pixie like. I somehow found myself staring at the boy. I had zoned out so I jumped when Lenny tapped my shoulder.

“What is it?” she asks, I nod my head towards the guy that came into the clearing with the pixie. She only nodded her head, when I saw the Volturi start to leave I turned towards her.

“Maybe we came across him in the past, I mean, you HAVE been a vampire since 1863. We have come across a lot off peop… er… vampires in that last century and a half.” I shrug and we go back to the house. We were the last ones there because of our talk. I heard voices in the kitchen but I figures they weren’t my business. I still listened.

“What are you talking about Alice? You know I love you!”

“I know that, yes, but you love someone else more then you love me. Don’t lie to yourself.”

“Alice, please. I’ve already lost one love, don’t make me lose another.” He paused, I swear if he could cry he would “I’m never going to see her again. She died a long time ago… not long after I did. She killed herself Alice, to be with me, and she can’t even do that cause I’m down here.”

“Hun, I’m sorry. I see another coming into my future though. He is the one for me, and she is the one for you.” I heard her walk away and saw her come in here. She saw me and Lenny and smiled.

“Oh good. I thought I missed you two.” She hugged shook Lenny’s hand and gave me a hug “We are going to be great friends. I’m Alice!” I laugh

“I’m Kady!” I say, almost as bubbly as her.

“Alice!” Edward hissed “Is that the best idea, right now?”

“Edward. You know I only did it for him. If he doesn’t know then what was the point of us breaking up?” she paused “Fine, I’ll wait.”

“Hey Lenny,” I say “is Whitlock at the house?” I ask

“No… CRAP!!! I’ll be right back.” I laugh

“Whitlock? Who’s Whitlock?” Alice says, worried

“Whitlock is my guitar. It’s not a person” I laugh. Alice sighs then smiles at me.

“You play guitar?” I nod “Can you play us something” just then Lenny comes in with my guitar, I smile and take it.

“Sure” I sit on the couch and make sure it’s tuned right “Ok, so, this song I wrote in 1866, that’s when I was able to remember my past. I’ve changed it a lot though so if anyone hears it, they won’t wonder why it sounds like it was written a long time ago. However, it’s about the same thing. My soldier dying.” I start to strum the guitar.

“Two days past eighteen
He was waiting for the bus in his army green
Sat down in a booth in a cafe there
Gave his order to a girl with a bow in her hair
He's a little shy so she gives him a smile
And he said would you mind sittin' down for a while
And talking to me,
I'm feeling a little low
She said I'm off in an hour and I know where we can go

So they went down and they sat on the pier
He said I bet you got a boyfriend but I don't care
I got no one to send a letter to
Would you mind if I sent one back here to you

I cried
Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier
Our love will never end
Waitin' for the soldier to come back again
Never more to be alone when the letter said
A soldier's coming home

So the letters came from an army camp
In California then Vietnam
And he told her of his heart
It might be love and all of the things he was so scared of
He said when it's getting kinda rough over here
I think of that day sittin' down at the pier
And I close my eyes and see your pretty smile
Don't worry but I won't be able to write for awhile

I cried
Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier
Our love will never end
Waitin' for the soldier to come back again
Never more to be alone when the letter said
A soldier's coming home

One Friday night at a football game
The Lord's Prayer said and the Anthem sang
A man said folks would you bow your heads
For a list of local Vietnam dead
Crying all alone under the stands
Was a piccolo player in the marching band
And one name read but nobody really cared
But a pretty little girl with a bow in her hair

I cried
Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier
Our love will never end
Waitin' for the soldier to come back again
Never more to be alone when the letter said
A soldier's comin’
I cried
Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
Too young for him they told her
Waitin' for the love of a travelin' soldier
Our love will never end
Waitin' for the soldier to come back again
Never more to be alone when the letter said
A soldier's coming home” When I finished playing I heard a lot of praise. I smiled and looked up. I looked over at the staircase and froze.

Jasper.
♠ ♠ ♠
okie dokie. COMMENTS???? PLZ!!!
The song is Traveling Soldier by Dixie Chicks.

BANNER PLZ!!! I would love you if you made me one.. for any of my stories.. oh and if your reading. I'm a Jonas and a Witch?!?!?! i'm sorry about the wait, but i'm waiting for a part of the next chapter from my fiend so if yu want the next chapter bug her.. she is number 1 on my top friends. edieluvsjordan.