Status: This is going to be on hiatus for awhile, sorry readers! 7-29-11

Believe Me When I Say...

Chapter 2

My mother had the house elves take my things to the school. Apparently they have to do a sorting process when I arrive to know where I will be situated.

"Where are we going sir?" asking Dumbledore as my mother passes around the powder.

He smiles kindly, "Three broomsticks. Then we shall take a little walk to the carriages and I shall meet the three of you at the school for your sorting ceremony."

-fast foward a bit-

After the hours ride being pulled by some invisible force, we arrive at this incredibly beautiful castles doors. My eyes are some what glued to how huge the place is.

"Miss Covington, Welcome to Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry."

"It's beautiful. I-I've never seen anything like this!"

"Than you must not know much of this world." a new voice speaks. Snapes voice.

"I know plenty, thanks." I snap, striding past him as we continue towards the castle. We walk in, heading up large, concrete stairs. The doors in front of us open by themselves.

"This is the Great Hall. Where we hold breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with dances." McGonagall says.

I nod as we head in. Taking in the sight of hundreds of kids starring at me, the new girl, but mostly at my "strange" outfit. I notice there's four long tables, each with some type of decretive banner above them. Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

"Here is where the ceremony will take place. The hat will be placed upon your head and it will let us know where to put you."

I don't reply, just follow towards the front of the hall, trying to ignore the stares. There's a platinum blonde that catches my eye at the Slytherin table. He smirks at me, licking his lips. I start to wave at him with a dashing smile only to have my wave turn into me flicking him off and scowling at the prick. His face falls immediately. We reach another long table that has, where I'm guessing, the Professors sit at. I see Dumbledore smiling at me, sitting in the middle of the table. There's a stool with a very old and ratty witches hat sitting there.

Dumbledore stretches his arm towards the stool, "Sit please."

McGonagall takes off the hat as I sit down.

"Attention students! I'm glad to announce we have recieved a new student! Aurora Covington has transfered here from California. She will be joining the 7th years so please, make her feel welcome."

The hall becomes quiet as I feel the hat being placed on top of my head. I let out a small gasp and jump at the sound of it speaking.

"My, my Aurora. What a brain you've got! Would be so perfect for Ravenclaw. But...I see all this bravery, just like the great Godric Gryffindor. Hmm, such difficulty."

The hat goes silent for five minutes, making me look towards McGonagall who simply shrugs. I look back out towards the students and the hat begins to talk again.

"So sly, so cunning. Such a bad streak we've got here. I know just where to put you. SLYTHERIN!"

The entire Slytherin table screams and claps as I make my way towards the table. I start to walk towards the blonde from earlier. He sees me coming, sitting up straight, flashing his perfect white teeth. I wave as I pass him, finding a empty spot towards the end of the table, making his face fall again.

'This is going to be great.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Image