We Both Need to Change

Get out of my mind, STRANGER!

Me, Abby and mom had finally found a house of our own and stopped our temporary stay at Aunt Maybell and Uncle Frank’s house. Although, we might as well stay at their house because the house that we bought was just across the street, the old woman who owned it three weeks ago moved in with her grandson so we offered to buy it.

I quietly snuck around looking for a job because I knew my mom didn’t like me getting a job. She believes that I have gone through a lot and that I shouldn’t put any more pressure on me right now and that I should just start busting my ass off when I attend school this upcoming September. But I didn’t think so; I was bored out of my wits being cooped in the house. Of course, I’ve been invited to some parties but I’m just not into that kind of scene - although I enjoy it sometimes. But somehow, my job hunting has been unsuccesful and I've given up.

As I debated on weather I should leave the house or not on Thursday afternoon mom yelled something I didn’t quite catch.

I opened my door to peek at the hall, “What was that mom?”

“We need some eggs; I’m bakin’ a cake for your Uncle Frank’s birthday this Sunday. D’you mind getting some from the grocery store near ‘ere?” she called from the kitchen.

Well I guess I don’t have to debate anymore, “Sure mom.”

I grabbed my coat, took the money mom gave me and walked to the grocery store since mom doesn’t have time to choose and buy me a car yet. Everything here was so cold and I loved it! Back in New Jersey it was mostly hot or warm weather except for winter, I think half the clothes I own - I’ll never be able to wear again. Good thing me and Lexi went shopping three days after we moved in with them.

Ahead I saw the store and I crossed the freezing parking lot. I went in and it was still cold but I could care less. I grabbed a cart, I know I was only suppose to be buying eggs but the insides of our refrigerator were slowly being devoured by my little sister, but somehow she never gets fat – and I also needed food to live. And plus mom gave me money enough to buy two carts full of groceries, so yeah…

I grabbed different kinds of cereals and a big bottle of milk. Grabbed some veggies and cheese, took ready to cook pasta and dumped that in the cart too. I was looking all over for the eggs but I couldn’t find them.

By the sweets section I found two employees, one fully covered with tattoos except his face, and I dunno about his feet because I couldn’t see ‘em because he had on tight pants, and a slightly chubbier guy – they were talking about something when I interrupted them.

I cleared my throat and they both looked at me, I hate this, I hate interacting with guys, “Umm… I was just wondering where your eggs are.”

The slightly chubbier one snorted, “Eggs!”

The tattooed one nudged him and mumbled something along the lines of, “You perv,” and called someone, “Oi, Curtis! You know ‘ere the eggs are right?”

A tall lanky guy with long hair marched in, “Yeah its in aisle 6 by the flour and ‘vrythin.”

I smiled, “Errm… thanks.” I started walking.

“Oi!” I turned around finding the tattooed guy smirking, “Wha’s yeh’r name, love?”

This is what I hated about guys, they think just because you talk to them they could ask your name. They think it’s that easy to trust, I kept walking, “It’s none of your business.”

I heard the other guys ‘Ooo’ ing. That was certainly amusing. As I paid for everything I kept feeling watched so when I finally got the courage to glance around I saw tattooed boy with his friend named Curtis and the one he called perv, although his friends were talking about something else - totally not me, his eyes were on me or at least at the moment I thought it was someone behind me. So I shrugged it off and left.

When I arrived home, Abby was already there and mom liked it that I brought home some more food than what she asked for, because Abby was getting hungry.

As she ate her bowl of cereal, she talked about how nice her baking teacher was.

“Mrs. Sykes is so awesome! She taught me how to umm… make cupcakes today,” she told us. Mom and I didn’t really have the energy to keep up with Abby’s unending energy so mom met this woman who liked teaching kids how to cook so yeah.

“Oh really?” I said as I munched on my apple, “Maybe you should teach me someday.”

“Uh-huh, maybe I will. And her two sons, Oli and Tom helped but then Oli had to go to work and it was just me, Tom and Mrs. Sykes but it was still fun!” she said, I could see in her eyes how much fun she was having there.

“Well, what’re you guys going to be baking tomorrow?” asked Mom.

Abby looked up, “Some kind of spaghetti, like, like…” her nose wrinkled (she does that whenever she’s frustrated), “UGH! I forgot the name!!! Uumm…. Las… Las… Lasinia!”

I laughed, “Do you mean Lasagna? It's not spaghetti Ab, its pasta.”

She smiled, “Yeah!!!” she tilted her head at me, “Thats what Mrs. Sykes told me too when I said spaghetti. How do you know that Kacy? Are you a chef?”

I smiled, “Lucky guess.”

&&

Later on, I went up to my room to take a very long nap. But I couldn’t sleep, because the tattooed guy’s image of looking at me or someone behind me couldn’t escape my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
this ones a bit short... Sorry, i was kinda in a hurry on making the next chapter because the next one is a lot more interesting than this one...

Please comment and subscribe (if you want)

= D Juli