This Heart, It Beats, Beats for Only You

Meetings and Cupcakes

What’s up scene fans? Scenebaby here to let you know the tidings of the upcoming election. Everyone is working aimlessly to win it all again for our majesty. S’s attempts all seem to be failing now that C is back in the ring. Can she deliver a hurting blow? We’ll have to see. In the mean time, S might want to watch out. Nothing says she means business like the voter cupcakes C seems to be dishing out. Delish if I say so myself. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if she can sweeten the voters enough o win it again.
Xoxo, scenebaby

---

“Okay so where are we on the cupcakes for the voters?” Casey asked, coming into the living room again where more than a dozen people were devotedly working to help Casey win the election.

Marisa looked up from the flyer she and Zoey were painting. “The baking club is just waiting for them to cool so they can frost them,” she informed her best friend, indicating a group of kids sitting in the corner, sorting through edible cupcake decorations.

Casey nodded, moving onto the next group. “What about the pictures?” she asked her cousin AK and Nick, who was helping him. “Anything discriminating?”

“Not yet,” Nick reported. “But we’ll let you know as soon as we find something.”

Joe was sitting on the couch, glowering at the working students, his arms crossed. Casey’s eyes skipped over him. She didn’t have time to worry about him and her feelings for him. Since she hadn’t been sure she was going to even try this year until recently, she had a lot to catch up on in the campaign.

She turned to the party committee. “How’s the election bash coming?”

One of the girls grinned at Casey. “It’s going to be a lot of fun,” she said. “We’re finishing up the guest list now.”

“Make sure you send one to Sam and Alex,” she said conspiratorially.

“Wait you want to send one to them?” Marisa asked. “Isn’t the idea to exclude them?”

“They won’t come,” Casey chuckled. “Honestly Ris, this is Sam. She knows us. She knows the only reason we’d call her to our party now is to humiliate her in front of everyone. They’re going to think we want them here to do something to them. They won’t come.”

“Having someone think that about you isn’t something to brag about,” Joe mumbled.

“And having someone just sit there and judge me isn’t something I want,” I shot back. “Get out if you don’t like how I run things.”

“Run things?” he laughed. “You’re not running anything. You think you’re a queen? A queen of what? You high school? Your fan base?”

“I know I’m not really royalty asshole,” she said quietly, but lethally. “But I also know that every group needs a leader. And Samantha cannot be that leader.”

“Why not?” he demanded. “Does it matter? In 20 years are you going to look back and be happy with what you see? That you spent all this pointless time and energy chasing something so stupid?”

Her expression was cold. “In 20 years I’m going to look back and think that I defined myself as a better person when I was this age.”

“A better person,” he laughed. “Okay Casey.”

Everyone was staring at them now, ceasing all production. Their eyes went from Joe to Casey, and back as they each spoke. Their tones were low, but no one missed the venom in each of their tones. It confused them as much as it entertained them. They knew Casey always gave them a show, but Joe – they had all thought these two were madly in love. And yet they jumped down each other’s throats like they couldn’t stand each other.

“What the hell is your problem?” she demanded. “You come here even though you hate it so much, and then you complain and talk bull the whole time. If you don’t like it, then leave. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, or better yet, let it hit you. Or even better, let a bus hit you.”

“Very clever,” he rolled his eyes. “A bus in this secluded snobby neighborhood.”

“A secluded snobby neighborhood that you live in if you forgot,” she reminded him.

“Unfortunately,” he sighed.

“You know what,” she said. “You talk about stupid fights and pointless endeavors. But what the hell are you doing here? Why are you wasting you precious time always being near me then if my life is so pointless to you?”

“It’s not,” he said quietly.

“What?” she asked, not really sure if she had heard him right.

“N-nothing,” he said, stealing a glance at his brother who was shaking his head. He got up. “You know what? You’re right. I don’t even know why I’m even here. I’m leaving.”

“Alright buh bye,” she tried to compose herself, staring after him as he turned and walked out of the house. She sighed. Why the hell was he so confusing? She was so sure he had said her life wasn’t pointless. What the hell did that even mean? She shook her head. She could not let everyone see how weak she was. She looked around the room. “Back to work guys. Anyways, as I was saying,” she said to Marisa. “She wouldn’t come because she thinks something bad will happen to her.”

“So you think she won’t come?” Zoey asked.

Casey smiled deviously. “Oh she’ll come,” she said.

“But then--?” Marisa asked, so confused now. What was this girl planning? Marisa and Zoey exchanged a look. They had learned long ago to not even try to understand Casey’s mind.

“She’ll come and they’ll both be on their guard,” Casey told them. “And nothing will happen. It’ll freak them out. It’s after where my plan kicks in.”

“And your plan would be what?” Nick asked.

Casey smirked. “To make her regret every falling for Alex in the first place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a filler, but it's going to get more interesting again. Trust me, my idea for this -- will leave you speechless :] In the meantime, comments anyone?