Leaving My Fingerprints

Lets Get This Party Started

“Guys, am I the only one cold out here?” I asked, shivering slightly as I sat down on the edge of their pool, putting my feet in the water.

Joe rolled his eyes at me. “Um, yes? But don’t worry, it’s only because you’re a weirdo.”

“Gee thanks Joe,” I said sarcastically as Nick and Emma laughed, each sitting on either side of me. I was in the middle – oh joy. “I really needed that reassurance. I wasn’t positive myself.”

He laughed as he pushed the button for the pool lights. Immediately, quite a few lights under the water came on, lighting the whole thing. I sighed as the ruffles in the water became more illuminated. It had a strange calming effect. I wondered if I’d feel like that when it was too late for me.

“Okay,” Joe said, smirking, standing behind us. “Are you guys ready?”

“Is this what you had planned?” I asked, rolling my eyes. “You’re losing your touch Joseph.”

He smirked. “Am I Maxie? Am I really?”

I rolled my eyes again. “Corny.”

Nick and Emma laughed as Joe glared at me. “Really though Max, you really thing a rendezvous by the pool with just the four of us is what I had in mind?”

“Oh no,” Nick sighed. I shook my head. His words were too clear. Nick and I both understood what he was trying to say.

“What?” Emma asked, obviously not fluent in Joe speak yet.

“How many?” Nick asked him, not answering her question.

“What’s going on?” Emma asked, her face starting to grow nervous.

I sighed. “Don’t worry Em, it’ll be fine – I think.”

Joe was just smirking. He walked away from us to the fence, stopping by the door. “Lost it, have I?” He opened the door. He had definitely lost something. Only Joe Jonas would do this at this time of night.

And in walked everybody. And I mean everybody. “Hey Maxie,” Demi grinned as she and Selena came in first, both hugging me.

“Awe you must be Emma,” Selena grinned. “You’re right Nick, she’s cute.”

I winced. Emma was beautiful. And Nick was in love with her. My last summer with my best friend, and he was in love with Emma. Demi groaned and nudged her with her elbow.

Selena immediately back tracked. “I mean Maxie was right.”

“T-thanks,” Emma blushed.

“Wow is that Maxie?” we heard someone say. I turned to see Miley running towards me. Oh joy. She threw her arms around me. Miley and I – it wasn’t that we didn’t get along. We were friends even. It was more that I hated her. Okay so maybe we were fake friends, but still. The point was that she was hugging me and I wanted her to get the hell off.

I heard Nick laugh nervously as he cut in between us, hugging Miley himself. I knew he must of loved that, but he so owed me. After all, it was his fault I had ever had to even meet Miley Cyrus.

“Alright everybody,” Joe said after everyone had piled in and he had closed the gate. He pulled his shirt off, and grinned. “Who thinks Joe Jonas is the coolest person ever?”

No one raised their hands. “Cricket, cricket,” I said, smirking.

He narrowed his eyes at me before smirking. “That’s okay Maxie. I still think your the coolest person.” He started edging towards me. “In fact,” he smirked deviously. “I think that as the coolest person here,” he said, coming even closer.

Nick started laughing as fear came upon my face. I knew Joe speak very well. And I knew what he was about to do. I started to back away slowly. “Don’t you dare Jonas,” I warned him.

“Come on Max, you look just a little hot just standing there,” he was still moving towards me, his arms out to wrap around me. “You look like you could use a dip.”

“I’m warning you,” I said, backing away faster. “I’ll kill you.”

He shrugged, smirking. “As long as you’re drenched, I’ll have died happy then.” And he jumped at me. I shouted as he picked me up easily, his damn exercising benefits making it all too easy. He was still smirking as he took me to the edge of the pool as I thrashed in his arms, trying to get him to put me down. But when I decided that it was pointless, I came up with another idea. He wanted me to go down? He was going down with me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck at the same second he let me go, and we both fell into the water. I was smirking as we came up for air. Everyone was laughing as Joe glared at me. “You suck,” he said as we swan to the edge.

“Do I Joe? Do I really?” I smirked as I pulled myself over the edge.

Demi laughed as she handed me a towel. “She kind of played you Joe.”

“Thanks Demi,” Joe rolled his eyes as he pulled himself out.

I laughed and looked at Nick. I almost froze as my eyes found him. And soon I wasn’t sure if the wetness on my cheels was water from the pool or tears. Standing not ten feet from us, Emma and Nick were standing – way too close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah okay so this chapter sucked big time. But I had to update something.
I think I need to start moving ahead with the idea I had...
I don't know. I'll have to think about it. I don't want it too short, but I don't want o drag the story out, you know?
Anyways, comments anyone?