Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 2

I was still on the plane and on the verge of a break-down. I got my iPod out of my bag before I started to cry at the thought of leaving New Jersey. I hit play and the first thing that started to play was ‘I Am What I Am’ from the Jonas Brothers’ first album. Nick's high pitched voice always made me laugh, especially now that he is older and it is totally different. Anyway, I ended up listening to Nick's voice until I fell asleep, it seems to be the only thing that relaxes me right now.

“Please fasten your seat belts we will be landing in a few minutes,” a flight attendant's annoying, squeaky voice echoed through the plane, waking me up. I buckled my seat belt nervously awaiting the landing.

A few minutes later I was safely on the ground and walking towards baggage claim. I had no choice but to zone out the landing, planes make me too nervous, too many planes crash when they land and I don’t want to die.

Once I received my bags I started to walk through the crowded building towards the Subway where I was told to meet the Jonases. I got my cell out of my pocket and called Allie, “Where are you guys?”

“Did you land yet?”

I put my hand on my hip then retorted, “Yes Alyssa that is why I am calling you.”

“Well you don’t need to be rude.”

“Allie can you tell me where you are please, I’m standing here looking around like an idiot.”

“I know you are, turn around.”

“What?” I asked as I turned around. “ALLIE!” Allie and I ran to each other sharing a huge hug.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I said pulling out of the hug and grabbed my bags then walked over to Denise and Paul.

“Hi Jazmin," Denise said sweetly.

"Hi, thank you for taking me in. I know the last thing that you guys need is another child, so thank you so much."

"It was no problem at all, we promised your parents that we would look after you if anything ever happened to them and we wouldn't break that promise just because of the boy's fame and busy life style," Paul explained as he took my bags. "Now let's get going, the boys are going to be very excited to finally see you."

The four of us headed to their car, Allie and I got in the back as Paul put my bags in the trunk. Soon enough we were on our way to my new home.

"Jazmin, you are going to be sharing Allie's room. We figured that even though we have an extra bedroom, you might want to share a room until you get adjusted. Everything in the room is ready for you so as soon as you get home you can unpack. Let us know if there is anything you need and know that you are going to be treated just like the other kids--"

"Chores included," Alyssa added, cutting off her mother.

We soon arrived at the house. As soon as I stepped inside I was tackled into a bear hug by Frankie. He smiled as he pulled back then kissed my cheek. His smile slowly faded then he said, "Mom and Dad told me what happened, I'm sorry."

"It's ok Frankie," I told the young boy softly. I pulled him in for one more quick hug then looked at Allie, "Can you help me carry this stuff upstairs?"

"Of course." Alyssa took two of my bags and I took the other two. She led me up the stairs to a hallways filled with rooms. "This is ours," she pointed out as she opened a door revealing a pretty large room with two twin sized beds against the wall opposite to the entrance. There was a small night stand between the two beds that had a lamp placed on top. She placed my bags on a bed then said, "This one is yours, we have our own bathroom. You also have your own closet, it's the one next to the bathroom. There is a dresser for you too, pretty much all of your stuff is on the left side of the room, and mine is on the right."

"Thanks," I smiled softly as I opened my first suite case.

“So do you need help unpacking?” Allie asked.

“Sure I don't have a lot, I left most of my stuff in New Jersey.”

“I would help but that would be awkward,” I heard someone say from our doorway. I turned around to see none other than Kevin leaning against the frame with a small smile. "Hey."

I walked over to him as he opened his arms. I felt a small tear fall as Kevin pulled me to his body and soothingly rubbed my back, but I wiped the tear away before either of them could notice. Kevin's strong arms wrapped tighter around my small frame as I just laid my head on his chest. He gently rocked my body back and forth, he knew how much I was hurting deep down inside. I pulled back from the tight hug then smiled sadly up at him, "Thank you Kev, I really needed that."

"I'm glad that I could help." He walked over to Allie's bed and watched as the two of us unpacked my clothes, "How have you been since I last talked to you?"

"Everything is pretty much the same, I'm still just as shocked as I was the night that it happened." I had called Kevin right after I found out about my parents, something just told me that he was the person I needed to talk to. He was the one that told his parents for me, he was the one that called me everyday that I had to meet with my social worker. Honestly he was a major part of the reason that I got to come live with them so soon after the accident.

"Just know that whenever you need to talk I'm right down the hall."

"Jazz," I heard Nick say as he walked into the room. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said softly as I continued to unpack with Allie. It really bothered me that everyone is saying that they missed me, like of course I missed them and they missed me, but the death of my parents is definitely not the kind of reunion that I wanted.

Soon enough, Joe joined us in the room followed by Frankie. Everyone was trying to keep the conversation flowing, but it was obvious that they were watching what was being said. By the time that Allie and I finished packing I was on the verge of tears, but I fought hard to keep them back and was doing pretty well, well that was until Frankie hit something on my iPod touch, making Dead and Gone begin to play.

My parents instantly began to flood my mind, every moment within the last few came to my head including their death. The thought still hurts just as bad as it did the first day after the accident, but this time it felt like someone poured salt in a fresh wound. Before I knew it I was sitting on my bed crying my eyes out in front of all the Jonas kids. I knew I was going to cry soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the comments.

can I get 3 more?

and thanks to everyone who read You Found Me. I am posting the last chapter of that tonight.