Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 3

"Jazz," Kevin whispered before he walked over and pulled me back into his arms. His hands began to run circles on my back as I sobbed louder than I ever have in my life. I heard someone say something about taking Frankie out of the room then felt the bed rise next to me, letting me know that Allie had left. "It's ok, just let it out," Kevin whispered soothingly.

"K-Kevin," I stuttered as my body shook with all the pain and heartache that I let build up over the last two days, " I want to take I shower," I stated once my sobs turned to silent uncontrolable rivers falling freely from my eyes.

"How about you just lay down and relax first? I'll stay here if you want me to, it's just you and me," he suggested. Just then I realized that not only Frankie had left, but everyone was gone except for Kevin. "Just relax for a little while then go, for me please. I just want to be sure that you have calmed down before you go."

I nodded softly then laid back on my bed, pulling my tan teddy bear to my shaky chest. Kevin took a seat in front of my bed on the floor and held my hand, rubbing it slowly with his thumb. I looked at him then said, "I miss them so much Kev, you don't even understand. It's not fair that they had to leave me. I feel so lost."

"I want everything to be ok for you Jazi, you know you are like my baby sister. I will help you through this, all of us will. Now I'm going to go--"

"Don't leave me," I told him as my heart began to race, "I can't be alone Kevin." Sobs began to errupt from my body once again as I held my bear tighter to my body.

Kevin stood up and took a seat next to me on the bed. With the pad his thumbs he dried my tears then kissed my forehead like the perfect big brother that he is, "I won't leave. Just relax."

About an hour later I woke up from a much needed nap to find Kevin asleep on Alyssa's bed. I carefully got up from my bed and walked over to him. My hand was gently placed on his shoulder as I shook him awake. "Kevin," I said softly as he opened his eyes, "I'm going to go take a shower now, dinner should be getting started soon so wake up." He nodded and I headed to my dresser to get a simple outfit consisting of a white t-shirt, black sweats and a pair of black socks.

I headed into the bathroom closing the door behind me. I placed my clothes on the counter and started the shower. As the water ran in the shower, slowly heating up, I stood in front of the large mirror that hung over the long counter. My eyes were definitely swollen and bloodshot. My cheeks were red and sore, my hair was a wavey mess. I needed this shower.

After about thirty minutes I stepped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my body. Once I dried myself off I put on my clothes and looked at my self in the mirror again. I looked better, I looked refreshed. I towel-dried my hair then pulled it into a tight ponytail on the top of my head and left the bathroom.

Allie was seated on her bed working on some school work when I walked back into the room. She looked up once she heard me and smiled softly. "Are you feeling any better?" she asked.

"Yeah, a little bit."

"Come on dinner is ready," she said before standing up and leading me out of the room.

Once dinner started and we all sat down to eat I felt the urge to cry. I felt like I was out of place, like like I was going to break out in tears at any moment. Their family was perfect, I didn't belong here. I was only making things worse for them. I wouldn't be too shocked if they decided that this was a bad decision and sent me to a foster home.

"Jazz," Nick said breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Sorry, um did you say something?"

“I said I want to start teaching you how to play the guitar,” Nick announced.

“Nick that would be nice but I don’t have a guitar.”

“Come on Jazz let’s think for a second. I have twelve, Kevin has thriteen, Joe has five, Allie has one, even though she doesn’t play as often as we would like,” Nick glared at Allie, “Frankie has one and you have one. I think there are enough in this house for you to learn.”

“Nick I don’t have a guitar.”

“Jazmin you do have a guitar.”

“Ok Nick.”

“Nick just tell her already,” Kevin said.

“I’m waiting,” Nick said causing everyone to look slightly confused.

Joe asked, “For what?”

I put my last bit of spaghetti in my mouth, “That.” Nick smiled while I chewed, “Your guitar is in your closet. I bought you one yesterday,”

I almost choked on my food. I swallowed then looked at him, “What now?”

“Once you get done eating go in your room look in the closet for a guitar case,” Nick's smiled widen as I jumped up and ran upstairs.

I looked in the closet. There was a black guitar case that definitely wasn’t there when I was putting my clothes away. I took it out, placed it on my bed, and opened it. Inside was a beautiful guitar mahogany Gibson acoustic guitar.

“Do you like it?”

I turned and saw Nick standing in the doorway. I ran over to him and gave him a huge hug, “Thank you so much!”

“Allie and I went out yesterday and got it for you. I figured you might like to express yourself using music.”

“Nick you are amazing, but you didn't have to do this for me."

“If you want me to I can help you start a song.”

“Nick that would mean the world to me.”

“Get the guitar and meet me in my room. We can start some stuff tonight if you want.”

“Of course,” I ran to my bed and got the guitar, “Nick I don’t think I could say thank you enough.”

“Well you are welcome, plus you couldn't be the only person in the house who can't play the guitar,” Nick put his arm around my shoulders and we walked to his room.

That night Nick spent two hours teaching me how to play the guitar. That is what I call a best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
can I get 3 more comments because I know you guys can do it!

Read- Peace, Love, Jonas