Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 28

“JAZMIN STOP BLAMING ME!” Nick yelled at me as I threw my positive pregnancy test at him. This was the first actual conversation that we have had since we slept together and that was about a month and a half ago. “THIS IS JUST AS MUCH YOUR FAULT AS IT IS MINE SO STOP BEING A BITCH ABOUT IT!”

I slapped him as hard as I could, “You got me pregnant and you are calling me a bitch? You man-whore!”

Nick put his hand on his red cheek, “Slut.”

“What makes me a slut Nick? That I am pregnant with your baby at 16? Doesn’t that make you just as bad as it makes me? Last time I checked you had to stop wearing your purity ring too.” Since then the press has been all over me and Nick because they noticed the missing rings, it gets insane.

“Actually when the baby is born you will be 17.”

“SHUT UP NICK! THAT IS BEYOND THE FUCKING POINT! I AM PREGNANT!” I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands, “This can’t be happening.”

“You know there is always a possibility that this is a false positive,” Nick said as he sat down next to me, “Either way I am sorry.”

“Nick I’m not going to lie I didn’t want kids, not before I finished law school.” I began to cry 10 times harder.

Nick sighed and placed a firm hand on my back, “It’s going to be ok. I mean no one knows about the baby yet so I guess you could still get an ab-abortion.” Nick almost choked on the word abortion.

“Nick I can’t kill my baby.”

Our baby,” Nick corrected me and pulled me into a secure hug, “We knew this was a possibility the whole time so we are going to work this out. Plus Kevin and Dani’s baby will have a cousin close to her age. You just have to think positive because either way this is going to happen.”

“What about that small chance that there really is no baby?”

“Then we will wait like we planned on waiting and nothing will change,” Nick kissed my forehead, which always helped me relax a bit, “It doesn’t matter what happens I will always love you and I didn’t mean any of that stuff I called you.”

“I didn’t mean anything either and I’m sorry for blaming you on everything. Nick… does this mean we are um… back together?” I looked up at him as I asked the question.

“Only if you want us to be.”

“Then yeah,” I smiled and kissed his cheek, “I should have a doctor’s appointment some time soon, huh?”

Nick let go of me, “Yeah because there is always that chance that you aren’t pregnant. I mean you only took one test right?”

“Yeah. I’ll go call right now,” I got up and went to my room. I called my doctor’s office and asked them about getting an official pregnancy test done and they told me I could go to a LabCorp clinic for a simple blood test and I could have to results back in a few hours. So I grabbed my keys and left the house. This is one of those times when it is beneficial that no one was in the house except for me and Nick, well Danielle and Kevin were out back with Frankie, but you get the point.

I drove down to the clinic trying to avoid paparazzi. Once I got there I signed in and waited for a nurse to call me back. Once I got to a room I sat down the forbidden questions started to come from the nurse. She looked at a piece of paper telling what I was being tested for and then she looked back at me.

“So how long ago was it?”

“A little over a month,” I replied knowing exactly what she was asking.

“When I was about your age I had a son so I know how you feel. Don’t be so nervous,” She smiled as she stuck a needle in my arm for her to draw blood. A few seconds later the test it was over, “They are going to call you with the results later today or early tomorrow.”

“Alright, thanks,” I put on a fake smile and left. The next few hours were going to be like hell because of the waiting. I am just praying that I’m not pregnant.

I got in my car and turned on the radio. The guy’s song ‘Paranoid’ echoed through my car. I picked up my phone and called Nick.

“Hey how did it go?”

“We won’t know for a while so right now we just wait. I’ll be home in like 20 minutes. Nick just keep praying. Do you know how hard it is going to be to go on tour with two babies at home…going to premieres with two babies? Life for you, Kevin, and Joe is going to totally change with kids. Plus there are going to be multiple times I would be home with our baby while you are across the world somewhere. Nick this is going to be hard on everyone so just keep praying.”

“I know and I am. Now get off the phone while you are driving. Love ya.”

“I love you too. See you in a bit,” I hung up the phone and continued my ride home thinking about the possibility that there is a little person inside of me.

A Few Hours Later. Right Before Dinner.

Nick’s P.O.V.

Jazmin’s cell phone started to ring just before we sat down for dinner so both she and I stepped out into the backyard as she answered it.

“Jazz put it on speaker.”

She put her phone on speaker, “Hello.”

“Miss Russell?”

“Yeah.” She was getting more nervous by the second so I put my arm around her shoulders for extra support.

“I’m calling to give you the result of the blood test you took today,” the lady on the phone said.

“I know,” Jazmin sounded like she was about to cry. I just needed to keep praying because this is crazy.

“The test was negative.”

“Wh-what?” Jazmin had a huge smile on her face.

“It was negative,” The lady repeated.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Jazmin hung up the phone and jumped into my arms. “Oh my God I am so happy.”

I spun her around, “I know I am too.”

“I was so scared,” she smiled as I placed her back on the ground, “How about we not sleep together until we get married?”

“I like the sound of that,” I kissed Jazmin quickly then we went back inside. I am not going to be a dad at the age of 19!
♠ ♠ ♠
4 comments please!