Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Michelle's Outburst

I stretched my arms out. Because of that whole missing the whole damn presentation on safe sex, I managed to skip out of first, second, and third period.

Of course I was perfectly content with that. I didn’t like any of my classes, so any time spent out of them was a relief for me.

So here I was in Music Appreciation. The teacher just decided to give us some music to listen to, while he went off to run some errands. You know, maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in one “A” this year.

You know that whole ignoring Johnny wasn’t gonna be as hard as I thought. Turns out that we have a lot of classes together, like this one, but he seemed a bit preoccupied with other people to notice me.

That actually sort of pissed me off though.

He was supposed to notice me ignoring him! He was supposed to get angry at me, yell at me for being so damn immature.

I gritted my teeth together. Whatever I don’t need Johnny right now. I never needed him. He was just some guy… right?

I put my head down on my desk. The hard wood was cold, and it sent shivers down my spine.

This was boring.

I stood up. I might as well go entertain myself, right? Since Johnny was talking to that annoying guy named Anthony anyways.

I grumbled to myself as I made my way to the door. The door swung open, hitting me right in the face. I fell to the ground, holding my nose.

“What the fuck?” I screamed out. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me.

I glared at the person, grinning down at me.

“Hey, Jazz. What the fuck are you on the ground for?”

“You fucking know, you asshole. Gates, goddamn it all,” I muttered. I got up, and I pushed my way passed him.

Gosh, was he trying to break my damn nose or something?

I walked to the bathroom, and I inspected my nose out. It didn’t look bad at all. I guess it hurt more than it looked bad.

I heard the bathroom door open, and I prayed it wasn’t some bitch. I quickly hid in one of the stalls.

“Fucking douche!” I heard a girl yelled.

Why did she sound so familiar? I didn’t know someone with that voice personally, but it did sound somewhat familiar.

“Goddamn everything! I fucking hate this shit! Why is everything so fucking complicated? Why can’t I get a happily ever after? Why the fuck is he such a dumb ass?” she screamed.

To be honest, it was a very awkward moment for me. Just what the fuck was I supposed to do right now?

“He fucking cheated on you! He cheated; he’s a cheater! He’s not a good person. He loves to see how down you are, when you look at him! Don’t give into him! He’s playing you again!”

I bit down on my lip. Goddamn it; I had to sneeze. This was so not the best moment for me too.

“Ignore everything he sent you! Ignore everything he said to you today! Ignore every damn sad pitiful look he sent your way. Damn it, Michelle! Don’t fall for Brian again!”

I sneezed.

Oh, shit. My cover’s blown now.

I heard her scrambling, probably trying to fix her image or something like that.

“Who’s in here?” She asked. I sighed deeply, and I opened the stall. I gave Michelle a small smile.

There were tears running down her cheeks, and her make up was running over her face.

She didn’t exactly look as beautiful as she did earlier today, but I guess it couldn’t be helped, right?

“Jazz,” she asked softly. I shrugged slightly.

“You know that Gates is pretty down about this too, right?” I asked. She glared at me.

“So you’re on his side,” she asked quickly. I shook my head slowly.

“I’m on no one’s side. Hell, I barely know you, Michelle. I don’t know the story between you two, so I really can’t pick a side,” I said. She shrugged.

“There’s nothing too hard to explain. We were dating, and I was in love. And then he decided that it was too soon to be falling in love, so he cheated on me. Simple enough,” she said.

“You though you say it’s that simple, it isn’t. Even I, an outsider, can see that. It looks like you still very much like Gates. I’m not too sure about Gates, but he did seem pretty down this morning. I asked him why, and all he told me was your name, Michelle. So maybe you should talk this through with him, not yourself.” I said.

She sort of stared at me.

“Well, I gotta get back to Music Appreciation. See you at lunch, kay?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long-ish wait. My older sister kidnapped my laptop. But anywho... comment? :D