Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 14: Avenged Sevenfold Part II

"Here, wear this one," Brian recommended as he held up a pinstripe dress. Erin held up a beautiful flower printed dress and showed it to him.

"Well, what about this one?" She asked.

"I want us to match though," He replied, holding up his own pinstripe coat.

"Well we don't always get what we want, now do we Gates?" She taunted.

"Yes, I do at least," He replied as he gave a cocky smile. She hit his arm and held up the flower printed dress.

"I wanna wear this one," She stated.

"If you wear the one I'm holding, I won't pressure you for sex," He offered.

"You've never pressured me for sex,"

"I will tonight if you don't wear mine,"

Erin rolled her eyes and took his dress. She really didn't want to take any chances with him tonight. She didn't mind the very thought of having sex with him, in fact it sounded downright amazing, but tonight she really wasn't in the mood.

After changing into the requested attire, she came downstairs and found Brian waiting at the door for her. He was wearing the pinstripe jacket from earlier, but that was pretty much the most formal thing he had on. He had a black shirt with crazy greyish-white designs on it, and a bunch of necklaces. He also wore dark baggy jeans that had rips at the knees. His hair was spiked in it's classic messy manner, and he wore eyeliner around his eyes. She folded her arms at him.

"So you want me to go looking all fancy, but you wont?" she asked.

Syn looked down at his attire.

"Hey, this is fancy for me, alright?" He replied with a laugh, "Now come on, they're all waiting for us."

Together they entered the car and headed over to Johnny's house. Once inside, Erin sucked in a small breath. There were marble statues and columns, a beautiful stone fountain in the middle of the entry room, and a house full of beautiful looking people. Slightly upbeat music played in the background as a few people talked amongst themselves. Erin recognized a few people; Onyechi was talking with Brica over by the orchestra that was getting ready. She noticed Thalia talking with various people as well, and then she noticed Fio. That could only mean that Zacky wasn't too far behind.

"Hey Syn, do you know whe-" She looked beside her and noticed he was gone. She rolled her eyes and groaned as she submerged herself into the crowd. She saw Fio and Val a couple of times, but neither Matt or Zacky were close by. Where were they? She then noticed a patch of blonde and black walk by a couple by the orchestra. Erin raised her hand slightly in the air.

"Johnny!" She called out, "Johnny! Over here!"

Johnny turned in her direction and smiled lightly. He walked over to her and took her hand, guiding her out of the large mass.

"Whoo, stuffy in there," He chuckled. Erin giggled lightly and nodded. She then looked around curiously.

"Is Zacky and the others here?"

"Yeah, they're just in back. We're getting ready to preform," He replied, pointing to the next room. Erin smiled lightly at him.

"Well I can't wait, what does everyone do?" She asked curiously.

"Well, Shadows sings, Zacky and Syn play guitar, and The Rev does drums," He explained.

"And what do you do?"

"I play bass," He spoke.

"You can't spell bass without ass!" Zacky yelled, poking his head out from the other room.

"and you can't spell Zacky without fuck you!" Johnny retorted. Zacky looked over at Erin and winked.

"You look gorgeous Erin, I'll see you at the show," He replied. Erin blushed and nodded. Zacky smiled back and looked over at Johnny.

"Hurry up and get ready Johnny, we're gonna be on in 10."

"Alright! Alright! I'll be there in a minute!"

"You better be hoe!" Zacky laughed as he disappeared behind the doorway. Johnny grunted and shook his head, looking back at a giggling Erin. He cocked his head a little and smiled.

"What?"

She shook her head.

"You put up with their bullshit quite well, how can stand it?"

"I cut my face every night," He replied emotionlessly. There was a long pause. That made Erin giggle even more, and Johnny could help but stifle a laugh.

"I'm just waiting for you to crack," She replied, "I have a feeling that it'll be soon."

"We'll see now won't we, Miss Roarks?"

"We will mister...uh,"

"Seward," He replied. Erin cocked her head a little and smiled.

"That's a pretty name, Jonathan Seward," She said to herself.

"Well you're a pretty girl," He spoke.

"What?" She asked.

"What?" He asked back, his eyes slightly widening. She looked down and just noticed now that he was still holding her hand. She looked up at him and he pulled his hand away, slipping them into his pockets. He gave a small smile and looked back at the door nervously.

"I-I-I should go back now...I'll...I'll see you later." he replied, rushing into the next room. Erin looked at the doorway dumbfoundedly. What was all that about? She wanted to continue on pondering what was wrong with him, but the lights shortly went out and then came back on. Erin shot back a little when she noticed all the guys in the center of the floor. She weaved through various people and watched as they all set up to play. They all looked pretty handsome. Zacky was wearing a white suitjacket that had black gears printed on the lapel. He wore red eye makeup that made his green eyes pop out. Matt wore black aviators, a white tie, and a black dress shirt rolled up at the sleeves. Johnny wore a white tux jacket over his black Rancid shirt, and Syn wore the same thing he came in, only this time he added a black fedora hat. The Rev wore, well, what he felt most comfortable in: Guyliner, fingerless gloves, dress pants, a tie, and no shirt. Erin giggled to herself at the sight of him. They all looked so awesome, like real rockstars. As she continued to look at them, the orchestra began to play. They played a dark, mellow tune that elevated as The Rev began tapping the symbols. Just then Syn and Zacky broke out into an intense guitar duet. Their fingers raced across the neck of the guitars, a beautiful and upbeat song coming out of the amps. People cheered lightly as everything stopped and Syn started to play a little. Matt pressed the mic to his lips and took in a deep breath.

Like walking into a dream
So unlike what you've seen
So unsure but it seems
'Cause we've been waiting for you

Fallen into this place
Just giving you a small taste
Of your afterlife here so stay
You'll be back here soon anyway

I see a distant light
But girl, this can't be right
Such a surreal place to see
So how did this come to be, arrived too early?


She swayed and bobbed to the beat as The Rev began to pick up the drum pace. She then looked over and stared at Syn carefully. He had his eyes closed from time to time. He was focusing hard; determined to play perfectly. He stared down at his fingers as they swiftly raced across the wooden neck of his guitar. They flowed and slid across the strings smoothly, playing each riff and note perfectly. He made the guitar look easy, an absolute breeze. Zacky was the same result. He bobbed his head to the beat as he and Syn went into an intense guitar solo duet. She then turned her attention towards Johnny. She smiled lightly as he plucked away at the strings, moving his body and the guitar to The Rev's amazing beat. As they continued to play, she noticed Johnny looking over at her from time to time. Once their eyes met, she smiled lightly. He winked at her in return. She giggled a little. Their music was amazing, and they were all so talented. She really was impressed with all of them.

After a few more songs were played, everyone clapped lightly and the guys all took a small bow. Syn, Zacky, and Johnny set down their guitars as Jimmy and Matt walked off the stage. Erin rushed over there and took Jimmy into a tight hug.

"You guys were amazing!" she chirped, "Matt, your voice is amazing! and Jimmy, you rocked the drums!"

"Well thanks Erin," Jimmy giggled as he kissed her head. Matt smiled softly and thanked her for the compliment. Jimmy unwrapped his arms and noticed a waiter walking around with champagne glasses.

"I spy booze! I'm out!" He called out as he merged into the crowd. Erin giggled lightly as Matt gave her a small hug and went to look for Val. She watched as he disappeared into the crowd as well. Suddenly two tattooed arms wrapped around her waist. The familiar scent of cologne filled her nose as little hairs prickled her bare shoulder. He skin shivered lightly as a pair of lips gently kissed her neck.

"Enjoying yourself?" Brian asked, whispering slightly in her ear. She turned around and looked at him right in the eyes. He leaned down with a smile kissed her square on the lips. She slowly broke away and smiled lightly as Zacky and Johnny came up to them.

"So Erin, enjoy the show?" Zacky asked curiously. Erin nodded in excitement.

"You bet I did, you five boys were beyond awesome" She praised with happiness. They all plastered on grins and thanked her. Johnny then piped up and looked over at a waiting butler. The man gestured over to the dining hall, and Johnny nodded.

"Hey, dinner's all ready if you guys wanna start heading out,"

Erin and the others nodded as Johnny let out an announcement to the crowd. Everyone started pouring into the dining hall and took their seats. Zacky sat with Fio and Onyechi across the table, Matt sat with Val and Brica, Jimmy sat next to Johnny and some other vampire, and Erin sat with Brian and Thalia. Everyone murmured and chattered until the butler called out

"Dinner is served"

and with those words, a bunch of chefs came out with silver trays of what looked like wine. They each set down a glass beside the person and poured the drink smoothly. Erin looked down at her glass as it slowly filled up to the brim with the red drink. She took her glass and sniffed it curiously as everyone sipped away. It smelled curious: like iron, honey, wine, and strawberries mixed altogether. What on earth was this? Erin wrinkled her nose and watched everyone else as they downed their drinks and continued to chatter. Thalia leaned over to her and whispered in her ear.

"Don't be afraid, it's just wine infused with a little blood." She replied. Erin's stomach dropped a little and she put the drink farther away from her. She almost forgot that this was Vampire country, and blood was a necessity in their diet. Thalia looked over at Erin curiously as she sipped on her wine.

"So, you haven't turned yet then?" She asked. Erin nodded lightly and looked down at the table. Thalia raised an eyebrow.

"Curious," She spoke, "I would think that Brian would want Emilie back much sooner than this."

"Well perhaps he's changed his mind," Erin replied, somewhat offended by Thalia's last comment.

"Perhaps," She replied simply, taking another long sip of her drink. Erin pursed her lips and looked over at Zacky. He peered over at her and winked with a small smile. Erin winked back. She then noticed that Brian was being awfully quiet, so she turned to face him for a chat. Nothing but thin air was before her. She rolled her eyes and grunted. He was gone again. She shook her head and sighed as the main course started to get passed around. She put her hands to her face and winced when someone touched her shoulder. She opened her eyes and noticed Johnny sitting in Brian's seat. He gave her a warm smile.

"You seem a little bummed out," He replied, noticing the sad look on her face.

"Brian's gone again," She replied in a slight agitated voice.

"Yeah, he has a tendency to do that, he's a busy guy" He stated. Erin scoffed a little as she picked at her food. She was kind of disappointed that Brian had left her here. He could've at least told her where he was going. She let out another light sigh and took a bite, still deep in thought about Brian and what he was doing. She quickly snapped out of her thought as Johnny took hold of her hand.

"C'mon, I wanna show you something," He spoke. He gently lifted her up and guided her outside the dining hall. She looked at Zacky and Fio. Zacky's eyes met hers breifly and he furrowed a little. She watched as he got up from his seat, but then the door closed. She looked ahead at Johnny as he gave her a warm smile.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything bad, I just wanna show you something," He specified. Erin nodded cautiously as he led her outside to the backyard. He guided her through a maze of hedges. Erin looked around curiously and up at the sky. The stars were out, and they were shining like small flecks of glitter.

"Okay, close your eyes," He commanded. Erin closed her eyes and cautiously walked with Johnny. He took hold of her hand and her arm and started slowly leading her somewhere. She felt her curiosity rise with every step she took. Soon enough they both stopped, and Johnny told her to open her eyes. Erin slowly opened them, only to reveal a beautiful garden that practically looked enchanted. Little electric lights were strung out everywhere, hanging above them like little stars. Glass jars were sitting in trees, inside them were lit candles that were glowing brightly. In the center laid a stone fountain, the crystal clear water sounding gently against the silence. Pink, Red, and Orange roses were being grown everywhere, and Ivy was climbing it's way up on the wooden posts of the Gazebo near by. Seeing all of this took Erin's breath away.

"Do you like it?" Johnny asked hopefully.

"It's gorgeous," She breathed, "It all looks so enchanting, like out of a fairy tale."

"Yeah," He replied, "I like coming here at night. It's like my own little piece of heaven."

"I can see why," She giggled, "This place is amazing. It looks so peaceful."

The music from inside the house was echoing out into the garden, creating a soft mellow sound. Johnny looked back breifly, and then back at Erin. He smiled warmly and held out his hand.

"May I have this dance?" He asked politely. Erin sheepishly smiled and curtsied timidly. She took his hand and he guided her next to the fountain. Their feet started to move against the soft sound of the Orchestra's music.

[[**note** go to playlist.com and play the song "Flora's Secret" by Enya. It suits this part. Carry on.]]

Johnny placed his hand on her hip as they started to waltz. A few steps to the left, a few spins, a few steps to the left, Erin spun lightly as the wind gently blew against them. They flowed together smoothly as they waltzed around the fountain. Johnny kept his eyes locked on her, which made her blush slightly. She listened closely and began singing some lyrics. Johnny looked at her and chuckled.

"You know this song?" He asked curiously. She blushed slightly and nodded.

"I remember hearing this when I was younger," She replied meekly, "I'm sorry, I'm probably spoiling the mood."

"No no no," He replied, "Keep singing, I like hearing your voice."

"O-okay," She hesitated.

Silver willows
Tears from Persia
Those who come
From a far-off island
Winter Chanterelle lies
under cover
Glory-of-the-sun in blue


Johnny watched in awe as she continued to sing lightly with the music. Her voice was soft, elegant, and soothing all at the same time. He closed his eyes and listened as she continued to sing, his heart racing with every word she sung.

Some they know as passion
Some as freedom
Some they know as love
And the way it leaves them
Summer snowflake
For a season
When the sky above is blue
When the sky above is blue


He twirled her around, her dress swirling and flowing in the cool, gentle summer breeze.

Loving in the long grass
Close beside her
Whispering of love
And the way it leaves them
Lying in the long grass
In the sunlight
They believe it's true love
And from all around them
Flora's secret
Telling them of love
And the way it breathes
And
Looking up from eyes of
Amaranthine
Knowing that their love
Is true
dreams they never knew...


As the orchestra played out a long note, they slowly stopped dancing. He faced her and looked into her eyes. She smiled lightly and chuckled a little. It quickly ended though right when Johnny dipped down into her lips. Her eyes widened to the size of tennis balls as he attempted to caress her lips. Inside her mind she screamed bloody murder. She told herself to push him away, but her body wasn't responding. It was really confused at this point.

"Johnny!" A voice called out sharply. Johnny suddenly broke the kiss and the two looked over at the speaker. Standing by the hedges was Brian with Zacky. Zacky looked angry, but Brian looked especially mad. Not even. Mad is much too nice of a word, he looked really pissed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh ho ho ho ho! :o
what's gonna happen?! eye-dee-kay.
So, I'd just like to say two things:
1. Thank you all who have gotten me this far. You all are my babys. :D
2. To new readers: Welcome to the family.

HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYONE!

Firecrackers and Veggie burgers (because Vegetarian tastes better) go out to:
CharmedLuna
kycoolgirl
Hell Gates
AlishaIeroVeex
clemsongirl26 - welcome to the ALPOH family! :D I hope you choose to stay with us. [me + the commenters. :D]
Scorpionram99 - Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and I hope you enjoy this story.