Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 15: The Council.

Erin's fear arose slightly as Syn glared daggers at him. He pursed his lips as Zacky stomped up to Erin and took her hand.

"C'mon," He spoke sharply, "You don't wanna see this."

She was just about to object, but the minute Brian flashed his fangs, she guessed that Zacky was probably right. As they walked back into the house and through the giant hallway, a rush of nervousness came over her. She feared for Johnny. Sure, it was a stupid move on his part, but Brian shouldn't kill him for it. She had to stop Brian from making a stupid move. She looked up and stopped in her tracks, holding Zacky's hand.

"Zacky I've gotta go back," She spoke out firmly. Zacky turned and looked at her blankly. He stared at her for a good minute before taking her hand and continuing to walk.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We're going back to the dining hall." Erin pulled her hand away from his grip and stopped in her tracks again.

"No, Zacky, I have to go back there," She objected, "Brian's gonna kill him. I at least have to defend him,"

"Johnny can take care of himself," He replied in a soft tone, "Trust me, I've known that guy since forever, he'll be fine."

Erin pursed her lips and looked back towards the glass doors. She bit her lip and looked back over at Zacky. He held his arm out elegantly for her to take. She gave a small smile and walked on with him, the worry churning in her mind like a storm.

-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-

"You've got some nerve Johnny," Brian spoke out. Johnny got out a pack of cigarettes and put one to his mouth. He stuffed the box into his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He stared at Brian coldly as the lighter sparked and a flame came forth. The dark pools of his eyes flared as he took a hit and released a cloud of smoke.

"I'm not gonna avoid it, or keep it under wraps anymore," Johnny spoke, "I have feelings for Erin. I've had feelings for her ever since I set eyes on her."

"You mean since I set your eyes on her," Brian corrected, "For crying out loud, she's my partner Johnny! You can't just do shit like that!"

"She's not yet," Johnny replied. Brian shot back a little.

"She's not what?" He asked.

"Your partner," Johnny replied in a bored tone, "Technically, she's not your partner yet."

"The hell do you mean?" Brian asked.

"He means to say that she hasn't turned," an old voice spoke. Brian and Johnny turned around suddenly, only to see a small number of old looking men standing there. Brian stood tall and bowed slightly, Johnny mirroring his action.

"Councilmen," Brian spoke respectively. The men nodded lightly as the two guys stood up straight. Brian looked at the group of men and pursed his lips slightly. These men were the corner stone of the entire coven. There were five of them total: Don Elder, the oldest and the wiset, then there was Dillinger Rumsfield, Nicholi Kolkov, Erich Lechter, Charles Harper. The five of them make the rules, the decisions, and obey the old ways. Thus, is why Brian was never really on a good note with them.

Don Elder gracefully walked up closer to the two. He looked at Brian and held his crooked hook nose slightly higher in the air.

"Brian," His low, elegant voice spoke, "You must turn Erin. Oliver and the Solus are on the move. They plan to attack any day now."

Brian bit his lip and furrowed a little. He folded his arms and gave him a cocky smirk.

"Yeah, well, I'm on it," He announced, "I'm just warming her up to this place. It's scary, you know?"

Don Elder merely raised his eyebrows and let out an unamused "Yes..."

Brian leaned against the stone statue with his arms still folded. He suddenly felt something. Someone was here with them. He closed his eyes as Don Elder blabbed on and on about how vital it was for Emilie to come back. Meanwhile, he was using his mind to locate where this person was. His vision shifted around, sifting through the surrounding trees; nothing. He then felt movement. His vision followed the figure into the bushes next to the Elders. His vision pierced through the leaves and revealed a pale, thin, girl in a black pinstripe dress. He smiled coyly. She was worried about him kicking Johnny's ass.

"Are we clear Brian?" Don Elder spoke.

Brian opened his eyes with a smile.

"Crystal,"

"You must turn her tonight," Dillinger urged, "We can't afford to waste anymore time. We need Emilie back now."

"Her powers are already starting to grow back, and she received Emilie's necklace, correct?"

"What?" Brian asked, only hearing the last part of what he said.

"We all sensed the revival of Emilie's power," Kolkov spoke, "She must've received the necklace, otherwise her powers wouldn't be under control right now."

Brian stared over at the bushes. He could hear her heartbeat racing faster. He looked back up at the elders.

"I see, well, I wasn't informed about it, but I'll do it tonight," He glared at the bushes, "That's a promise."

The Elders nodded in agreement and bid the boys farewell. Once they left, Brian turned over to Johnny and pinned him against a statue.

"Kiss her again, and I'll rip your fucking throat out and eat it in front of you" He hissed, "You're lucky today Christ, but another fucking stunt like and you'll be sorry you even met her."

Johnny smirked as Brian gave him one final shove into the statue. Johnny straightened out his jacket and watched as Brian started walking firmly out of the garden. He walked past the bush and opened his mouth.

"Let's go Erin!" He yelled as he opened the glass doors. Johnny cocked his head at first, but then jerked slightly in surprise as the bushes shifted. Erin popped out and looked over at Brian. Then she turned to Johnny. He gave her an apologetic look, but none was returned. She looked sad and confused, not to mention scared out of her mind; and boy, she was scared. She was scared for her life, which apparently was going to end soon.

"Um, Brian?" Erin asked unsurely as he grabbed his coat. He turned sharply and looked at Erin. He then looked back at the door and swung it wide open.

"Go," He spoke firmly, pointing to the outside. She didn't move. She merely folded her arms and frowned. He could've asked her nicely, instead of forcing her to do things like a dog. He looked at her firmly, flaring his nostrils. He took a firm grip on her arm and pulled her close to him. She let out a yelp as a rush of wind and lights flew past her. Within seconds, she was standing in the center of their bed room. Brian shut the door behind him and stared at her coldly. Fear began to rise as he slowly started stepping towards her. Erin backed away with his every step.

"Look, Brian, I know we got off the wrong foot at first but-"

"Where did you get the necklace?" Brian interrupted.

Shit! Erin thought, What am I gonna do now?!

"You're gonna tell me the truth, Erin Roarks," Brian demanded, "Where did you get Emilie's necklace?"

Maybe he wouldn't believe the truth.

"Emilie gave it to me," She spoke out in a slight hopeful tone. Brian cocked his head to the side a little.

"You've met her?" He asked.

Might as well spill your guts Erin. Maybe if I draw the explanation out long enough, he'll forget about biting me.

"Yeah, that night in the Alley when you and Oli fought, she came to me and gave me the whole story," She admitted, "She told me that I determine how this story ends."

Erin watched as a crooked smirk appeared on Brian's face. He scoffed lightly and shook his head. Erin swallowed deeply and opened up to speak.

"A-are you really gonna bite me?" She asked hesitantly. He looked up at her, his eyes flickering gold for a split second.

"Do you want me to?" He asked in a slight seductive voice. She shook her head no, and a coy smile spread across his face.

"You know I have to do this Erin, right?" He asked her, "One way or another, Emilie has to come back. She's the only one who can fix all this."

"You don't have to kill me for it!" Erin objected, "Why can't you just try and reason with Oli! Why can't you-"

"It's too late for that, the storm's coming," He spoke, now only inches away from her.

"What storm?! Why the hell is everyone saying that?!" Erin yelled out, gripping onto her hair and screwing her eyes shut. Suddenly, two hands grabbed onto both her arms. She looked up in fear as Brian smiled coyly at her. She knew it, he was actually serious.

"Bend your head," He demanded.

"No!" She yelled out, struggling to get out of his grasp. She felt her head unwillingly bend to his command. She screamed and struggled and wailed with all her might, but it was no use. No one would come for her. Brian leaned down into her ear. Her heart began to race by the second. She screwed her eyes shut as tears were streaming down her face.

"I'm really sorry," He whispered. She opened her eyes.

"What?"

And just like that, a sharp pain surged throughout her entire body. Her muscles began to tense up and spasm. Her entire past flashed before her eyes. Everything that happened to her, all that she went through, it was all flashing before her like a broken movie reel. Tears came down heavier than before. She could hear her heartbeat slowing with every second. Gravity was growing heavy on her; she was growing weaker. She opened her mouth to scream, but no words were coming out. She looked over Brian's shoulder. Emilie was standing there, holding a finger to her lips. She looked completely different. She wasn't wearing a sweet elegant lolita dress like before. This time, it was a dress made of gold and silver metal flower petals. Her dark ink colored hair was messy and hung over her shoulders. She looked paler than usual, and her eyes were a brighter color. She didn't have that warm sweet face. It was cold and distant, like it was full of hate.

"Death...comes to us all."

Erin rolled her eyes back and took one small breath. One sweet...final breath of air.

[[1 Month Later]]

I miss my heart. I miss my heart. I miss my heart.

Erin thought this over and over. She missed being human. She missed being her old self. Now, she couldn't sleep anymore. Sure, Vampires could sleep, but not her. Everything was changing. Now she had everything to worry about. Now, she had to kill to survive. She had to suck humans dry of their life source, their blood. The very thought still made her skin crawl. She hated the taste of blood.

A light knock went at the door. Jimmy popped his head through with a small smile.

"Hey, everyone's going out for a night in the town. You wanna come?" He asked.

Erin looked at herself in the mirror, and then over to Jimmy.

"No thanks, I think I might take a walk" She replied, giving him a fake smile. Jimmy shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, alright, but if you change your mind, we'll be on Haight Street until 8:00."

Erin nodded and looked outside as Jimmy shut the door. The sky was red and orange. Dusk had arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long ass wait.
I have summer school now, so yeah, slow week. >:p
I have a really awesome Idea written down in my journal.
It's only a matter of time. I'm so excited to write it! :D

Thank You all who've been commenting me!!!

Deathbat printed converse and slices of cake goes out to:

kcxmonte
Scorpianram99
AlishaIeroVeex
Induced.Euphoria.
coke-ittles INYF
CharmedLuna
kycoolgirl
TheBlackParader
evencrayonslaughatme