Status: ON HIATUS

A Little Piece of Heaven.

Chapter 8: Do This For Me.

"So, I'm guessing you were heading to my funeral, huh?" Erin asked Oli as they continued on in the dark.

"Well, yeah, but to be frank, I don't think kidnapping is the way to do it," Oli answered.

"I fully agree with you bro," She agreed. She noticed Oli reach into his pocket and pull out a cigarette. He offered her one, but she kindly refused. He put the square to his lips and lit it with his lighter. Erin watched him curiously as the light flickered and revealed his dark eyes. He looked over at her as the light went out. She could only make out a few of his features. If only the lamps were a little brighter, she could see better.

"So, who brought you here in the first place?" He asked curiously.

"Synyster Gates," She answered somewhat bitterly. He stopped walking for a moment, but then continued on with her.

"Figures," He scoffed, "He's still at it."

"Still at what?" Erin asked curiously. Oli took a drag and exhaled smoke. He looked at her and just simply smiled.

"I'm glad you got away when you could," He answered, "That guy is dangerous. He's a murderer too."

Erin felt her curiosity rise and bubble at the pit of her stomach. Now she felt like prying a little.

"What did he do?" She asked. Oli looked ahead of him as he took another hit.

"He killed the girl I loved," He answered. Erin gasped a little.

"You're girlfriend?" She asked.

"My fiancee, well, she was going to be. I was gonna propose to her that night" He answered bitterly. He took another hit and exhaled smoke. He looked at Erin and smiled.

"You look a lot like her you know," He spoke, "Well, except that she had black hair, and you have red."

Erin touched her hair.

"Hehe, yeah. I'm not a natural ginger," She admitted, "I actually have black hair too. I just dyed it so Syn wouldn't recognize me."

"Well that was a failure, wasn't it?" He chuckled.

"Yeah," She giggled. Oli smiled at her warmly, and Erin did the same. A warm breeze blew past them as they finally headed out of the wooded area. Erin looked ahead and saw the glittering city miles away from where she was. She groaned lightly.

"It's gonna take you at least until morning," Oli spoke, "It'd be much easier if I drove you."

Erin bit her lip.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," She admitted, "But no funny business! I just need to get back to Frisco."

Oli held his right hand up.

"I promise that I'll try to contain myself," He announced, "Even though it'll be a little hard since you're so pretty."

Erin scoffed and turned to walk back with Oli. The thought of Syn killing this guy's fiancee was still fresh in her mind.

How could he do that? She thought, This man seems so nice, so caring. How could he take all that away from him?!

"Because he's selfish," Oli answered. Erin snapped out her daze. She forgot that vampires could read minds. Oli looked over at her as he flicked away his cigarette.

"He wanted her for himself," He explained, "He couldn't stand the thought of her loving someone other than him, so he killed her."

"Greedy bastard," Erin muttered bitterly. Oli let out a chuckle.

"Couldn't 'ave said it better me-self" He spoke, "We're almost there, the car's right up the--"

He stopped him and Erin in their tracks. He sniffed the air and looked around curiously. Erin cocked her eyebrow.

"Oli, what is i--"

"Sh!" He interrupted, "Something's out there."

Erin looked around curiously for what Oli was looking for, but nothing could be found. Only the wind could be heard. She gripped onto Oli's arm as frightning thoughts entered her mind. What if it was a serial rapist?! What if it was some viscious animal of some kind?! What if it was--

"ERIN!" A familiar voice called out. Erin looked ahead of her and saw Zacky run out of the bushes. His eyes were flickering in the dark, his fangs were glistening.

"Erin get away from him!" He called out. Erin looked up at Oli and saw that he was calm. She then looked at Zacky. He was pissed as hell.

"Erin! That guy's dangerous! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

"Syn's the one that's dangerous!" Erin defended, "Honestly Zacky, how could you be working for him?! He's a murderer!"

Zacky looked over at Oli and hissed.

"So is this what you were planning, Sykes?" He yelled, "Seducing Erin into thinking that Syn's behind Emilie's death?!"

"He IS behind Emilie's death!" Oli screamed.

"You're the one that killed her!" Zacky accused. Erin looked up at Oli and saw a smile spread across his lips. It sort of freaked her out on how he wasn't defending himself.

"Oli...did you...did you really kill her?" She asked.

He turned to face her slowly and smiled devilishly. She let go of his arm and started slowly backing away. Fear was starting to rise once more.

"No way...you told me Syn killed her." She reminded.

"Syn did kill her. He turned her into a vampire," He explained, "She never wanted to be a vampire from the start!"

"That's bullshit Sykes!" The Rev yelled from the trees, "Emilie was happy with us. She was happy with Syn!"

"That's only because he seduced her!" He yelled, "When we were human, Emilie and I were going to get married! He took her away from me just to make her his own! So now I'm taking Erin!"

"Fuck that!" Erin yelled, "Im not going anywhere with any of you! God, just leave me alone! Everyone just LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She turned to run away from everyone, but bumped into a hard figure standing in her way. She looked up and recognized his face all too well. Synyster Gates was glaring daggers at Oli. Oli turned to face him and smoothly slid his hands into his pockets. Syn looked down at Erin and held onto both her arms.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, looking at her closely. Erin jerked away from him.

"I'm fine. Just go away!"

"Why are you here, Sykes?" Syn asked out, ignoring Erin's comment. Oli smiled lightly.

"I've come to collect what I rightfully deserve," He answered, "Your girlfriend, and Emilie's things."

Erin turned around curiously. Emilie's things? Why did he need that? She looked back at Syn, he had a serious look on his face.

"You're not getting either. Now get out of here." He demanded.

"Temper temper Gates. I came here peacefully, I came alone, I at least deserve a parting gift."

"What you deserve is a good ass kicking," The Rev jeered as he leaped from the tree and landed on the ground. He let out a hiss and his fangs came forth. Oli's did as well. Then came Zacky and Syn's. Syn looked down at Erin.

"Head back to the house," He ordered, "Matt and Johnny are in the woods waiting, they'll look after you."

Erin folded her arms.

"Okay, I'm no--"

"ERIN! Just--do this one thing for me, alright?!" Syn snapped. Erin shot back a little. Syn looked at her and his face grew softer.

"You don't want to see this, it's going to get ugly." He spoke. Erin sucked in a breath and nodded. She gave one good glare at Oli before starting her feet to run back at the house.

"See you soon Emilie," Oli cooed.

Erin rolled her eyes and kept on running. She could hear Matt and Johnny in the woods running with her. She looked beside her and could see their silhouettes running at astounding speed. She stumbled over her feet a few times, but she finally made it back to the house. She ran inside and slammed the door shut. Everyone was gone. She rushed over to the kitchen and watched as Matt and Johnny broke through the woods and landed on the lush lawn. Matt adjusted his shirt and walked into the kitchen. Erin backed away and stood against the counter, pulling out a kitchen knife.

”Alright! Now, you’re gonna tell me what’s going on!” She spoke, “Why the heck does everyone want me, and who’s Emilie?!”

Matt didn’t reply. He just stared at her through his dark aviator sunglasses. He sniffled a little and turned to the cabinets for a drink. He pulled out a Jack Daniels bottle and poured it along with some Coca Cola. Johnny got up on the table and sat down on it as Matt downed his drink. Erin started to grow frustrated. No one was telling her anything.

“Listen, Syn and Zacky are taking care of it all, so don’t worry about it,” Matt explained, “Just shut up and sit down in the family room for a minute.”

“No! I want to know what’s going on?! Someone tell me!” She demanded.

Matt took the last gulp of his drink and wiped his mouth.

“Alright, you wanna know why we need you?” He asked, “We need you to--”

"Matt!" Syn called as he slid open the glass door. Erin turned around sharply and noticed Syn standing there with bruises on his arms and face. His shirt was ripped and slightly bloody. She put her hands to her mouth in shock.

"Syn! You're ble-"

"I'm fine," He interrupted, "Matt, can you take Erin over to your house for the night?"

Erin shot back a little.

"Whoa wait! I'm not going wi--"

"Why?" Matt asked.

"Oli's pissed. I'm guessing he's gonna come back with reinforcements"

"Why can't you just drop me off in the city?!" Erin asked out.

"Why don't we just hand you over The Solus and watch you get eaten?" The Rev suggested back.

Syn called for everyone to just calm down. He looked over at Erin.

"I can't let you be in the city right now, the Solus are gonna be there too," He explained, "Just stay with Matt and Val for the night."

"Then I can go home?"

"No."

Erin was about to reject his statement, but bit her tongue and decided not to. Just looking at his wounds made her a little uneasy. She instead to a deep breath and nodded her head. Maybe if she did what they said, they would trust her more and cut her some slack. When they did so, that'd be the perfect time to escape. Syn nodded his head lightly towards Matt and Matt got out his keys.

"C'mon," He replied as he headed towards the garage.

"Shouldn't I grab some things?" Erin asked as she set the knife down followed after him.

"You're only sleeping over," He mentioned, "I'm sure Val will let you borrow something."

Erin furrowed a little at his statement, but decided not to say anything. She turned her head and looked back at Syn once more. He was staring at her the whole time. He gave her a small wink and Erin rolled her eyes at him. She followed Matt into the garage. God, it was almost as big as the house. It was full of cool looking cars and bikes that she hadn't even seen before. Some of them she was sure were due to be released on the market in a year or so. Damn, the rich were so privileged sometimes. Erin snapped out of her daze and noticed Matt aiming his keys towards a slick looking Motorcycle. It was black and silver chrome, beautiful combination.

"Dang," She muttered under her breath. Matt swung his leg over and looked at Erin.

"You getting on?" He asked. She quickly walked over and swung her leg over the seat. She noticed there wasn't any handle to hold onto, which meant she had to put her arms around him. She bit her lip hesitantly. He shifted his head and looked at her.

"It's best that you hang on tight, I go pretty fast."

"Your mom's pretty fast," She heard a voice say. They both turned and saw The Rev coming out into the garage as well. He pointed his key and unlocked the Black Mustang GT that was sitting in the garage. He slipped on some dark shades and opened the car door.

"Why do you have sunglasses on?" Erin asked as he turned on his car and the garage doors opened.

"Here's another question, why don't you have sunglasses on?" The Rev asked.

"Because it isn't sunny out," She answered.

"Exactly, there's your answer," He answered. Erin was just about to tell him that it didn't make sense, but his tires squealed loudly and he shot out of there like a bullet. Matt turned on his engine and Erin held onto his body for dear life as he too shot of there with astounding speed. A burst of wind brushed against her skin as Matt sped down the road and headed towards his own home. Erin closed her eyes and secretly sighed to herself. Life was just changing too fast for her right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg! Omg! Omg! I have 6 whole stars now!
You guys are AWESOME! :D
4 more to go peeps, we're almost there! :D XD ahhh, I'm so stoked.

Bags of Gummy bears and Jack Skellington hats go out to:
SurfSkittles
bloodravyn
kycoolgirl
evencrayonslaughatme
The_Used
Hell Gates
AlishaIeroVeex


You all are just too cool for school,
Skyler.