Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

Not Meant To Be

There were two things Kourtney found out about Joe.

One: he liked to take up all the space when he slept.

Two: he liked to hug.

The next morning, when Kourtney woke up, she found herself facing Joe and lying in his arms. She swore she remembered falling sleeping at least a metre away from the man.

Kourtney watched her best friend as he slept. He was gorgeous. Cute when he slept. She couldn’t help but grin at what she was looking at. God, she was jealous of Lacey.

“Good morning,” Joe whispered quietly.

Kourtney giggled quietly. “’Morning, Joe.”

“How’s my Kourt?”

Kourtney grinned. “You know, I’m going to be late for work if I don’t leave now,” she said, rolling out of the bed.

Joe grabbed her arm and stopped her. “No, stay,” he begged. “Stay a little longer.”

Kourtney laid back down onto the bed, in the same position as she was before she got up. Joe’s eyes were wide open now. Her dark brown eyes met his chocolate brown as they gazed at each other. It had felt like hours when they stared at each other, when only really, it was just a few minutes; both wanted the moment to last longer.

Suddenly, Kourtney inched closer towards her best friend as he smiled.

“I love you, Joe,” she whispered quietly.

And right there and then, Kourtney felt her lips hit another pair’s. She smiled to herself, knowing it was Joe’s pair. The kiss was slow, gentle and delicate.

The pair were now into the kiss and suddenly, Kourtney felt a pair of hands pulled her shirt over her head, revealing her black undergarment. By now, the kiss was filled with passion. Their position changed from lying down on their sides to standing on their knees.

Kourtney reached for Joe’s shirt and began pulling that over his head, and as soon that was off, Joe reached for her pants.

Kourtney fell backwards, and as soon she was on her back, Joe broke the kiss for a moment and reached for her pants, fumbling around with the buttons and trying to not ruin the moment. He began sliding them off her bottom and began kissing Kourtney again she ran her hands through his hair, but as her pants came off, Joe suddenly stopped and pulled away from the kiss.

“Joe,” Kourtney frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Lacey,” he explained, pulling his shirt over his head. “I can’t do this to her. She’s my girlfriend, and she means a lot-”

Kourtney nodded. “I know, she means a lot to you,” she sighed, rolling out of the bed.

“Kourt-”

“I think I better go now,” she said, cutting him off as she grabbed her shirt. She could feel tears beginning to build around her eyes.

Joe didn’t object this time. Instead, he watched his best friend ran out the door, and minutes later, he heard the door slam. He felt bad. Kourtney didn’t have a car to drive, and he didn’t give her his keys. He knew she would run back to the bar she was at last night and drive from there.

From his house to the bar was very far by foot, but it didn’t feel right. He wanted to give her a ride back to the bar, but he didn’t. He wasn’t raised like this. He shouldn’t have treated Kourtney like this. But he was too late.

“Kim’s coming back in two weeks,” Nick grinned, walking into his brother’s room, holding the home telephone into his hand.

“God, you’re obsessed.”

“You would be.”

“You’re up early,” Joe said.

Nick looked around the room. “I thought you’d take Kourtney back here,” he said.

“I did.”

“But?” he urged.

“She ran away.”

“Because?”

“I dropped the Lacey card on her.”

“Did you give her a lift home?” Nick interrogated his older brother.

It had felt like the tables had turned. At a younger age, Joe was the expert at love. He knew what to do and say to dazzle a girl and how to handle the situation perfectly, but since Joe had felt like he had screwed up big time, and Nick had a stable girlfriend he had been dating for years now, Nick was now the expert since Kevin was no where to be seen.

Joe hesitated before he answered. “No,” he said. “She kind of ran out after we kissed.”

Nick chuckled.

“I think I need a hug.”

“I am not giving you a hug, bro,” Nick said. “I mean, you’re my brother and everything but I am not giving you a hug.”

Joe grinned, opening his arms. “C’mon, Nicky!”

“No, man! Get away from me,” Nick said, taking a step back. “Look, ride with Kourtney to work and figure things out between you and her.”

“Yeah, I’ll do that,” he grinned, as his younger brother walked out of the room.

Joe reached for his mobile and opened up a new message.

Let’s go to work together :)
Meet me back at my place
-Joe


Joe punched in Kourtney’s mobile number, then hit the send button and snapped the phone shut.

He desperately hoped that Kourtney would reply and agree with him. He didn’t want things awkward between him and Kourtney anymore. He wanted to fix it and forget about everything, and make sure she was actually okay with Lacey. He knew how much Kourtney hated Lacey when she first met her.

Suddenly, the house phone rang. Joe didn’t bother to pick it up, since Nick had the phone in his hand, and minutes later, Nick came jogging into the room with the phone outstretched, and in his hand for Joe to reach.

“It’s for you,” Nick said.

“Who is it?” Joe asked.

Nick shrugged. “I don’t know,” he said. “But he seems pretty serious.”

Confusion came over Joe as he reached for the phone. He grabbed the object and pulled it up against his ear. “Hello?” he spoke into the phone.

“Hello, is this Joe?” a male’s voice came through the phone.

“Yes,” Joe answered.

“An accident has just happened, your friend Kourtney Karson here was crossing the road and she didn’t see the car from around the corner. You were on her ‘last dialed’ list when we searched through her phone so we thought we should call you. We’ve called the ambulance already, they’re on their way. Go to St Christopher’s Hospital.”

“What happened? Is she alright?” Joe demanded, worriedly.

“The car crashed into her. She’s badly injured – I don’t think she’s breathing!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if this chapter is crap. I will re-write it :)

I kept on getting threats from Kourtney to update this.
“PMF better have updated or Joe’s pants will have to come off in the story!”
Thanks for putting up with lousy updates guys! You guys are seriously the best!
Comment? Subscribe? Banners?

Banner by Erica.
Image