Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

There's Always Hope

The girl slammed the door behind her as she ran down the street, teary eyed. She had never felt so rejected in her life. Heck, she was chosen over for a whore.

She couldn’t believe she wasted three important words on him. Now they were just thrown back to her face like it never happened. But that was what she wanted. She wanted to act like it never happened.

She could feel the cold breeze brush against her skin as she ran to the bar she was at last night, and when she would get there, she knew what she was going to do. She was going to drink, like she did all last night. She couldn’t wait. She wanted to forget the moment they had minutes ago. She wanted to forget what his lips tasted like. She wanted to forget him.

Suddenly, a car came from around the corner and she didn’t see the car that was coming rapidly towards her as she crossed the road. Thick tears blurred her vision, which made everything ten times worse for her.

Above her vision though, she could hear a loud horn approaching towards her. Actually, several, but they were all from the same car. She was half way through cross the road when she heard the loud noise. She froze. She didn’t know what to do.

And suddenly, she her whole body felt weak from head to toe, and everything went black.

[&&&]

“C’mon, Nick! We have to get there – now!” Joe said impatiently as Nick began reversing out of the driveway. “You should have let me drive! We would have been there by now!”

“I don’t think we’d be alive though.”

“Look at the rate your driving!” he defended. “By the time we get to St Christophers’ we’ll be dead by now.”

“At least we’ll have a safe drive to the hospital!” Nick reasoned as he stepped on the gas, as the car’s speed accelerated.

“That’s more like it, Nick,” Joe grinned. “I’m really glad you’re finally learning something from me.”

“Why would I need to learn something from you?” Nick grinned. “I have Kevin for that.”

“Shut it, bro,” he joked, as the boys burst into laughter, which slowly died down.

“Kourtney’s going to be fine, Joe,” Nick said suddenly, reading Joe’s thoughts.

“You don’t know what the man on the other end said though,” Joe sighed. “She’s badly injured, Nick! He doesn’t think she’s breathing!”

Nick raised an eyebrow. “And this is coming from a physician or an amateur?” he questioned.

Joe paused for a moment and thought to himself. Nick did have a point. The guy on the other end of the line definitely did sound like a random pedestrian, that had witnessed the accident. Joe couldn’t believe himself. He believed a voice over the freaking phone! A voice he hadn’t even heard before in his life!

The car finally pulled up in front of the gigantic hospital. There were ambulances parked outside the building and a couple of clients, entering and exiting the building from the front entrance. Nurses and doctors were running out in from the building and from client to client.

Joe and Nick quickly got out of the car, rushed into the building, and approached the front desk.

“Excuse me, could you please tell me which room Kourtney Karson is in?” Joe panted to the woman behind the front desk.

The grumpy woman glared at the two boys that stood in front of her. “And you are?”

“Joe Jonas,” he answered.

“Are you, in any way related to Kourtney Karson?”

Joe shook his head. “We’re best friends,” he answered.

The old lady didn’t respond, and stayed quiet.

“I was told to meet Kourtney here,” Joe said. “I heard she was in a car accident. A man who had witnessed the accident called me from Kourtney’s mobile phone and told me to meet her here at St. Chris’.”

“Very well, sir,” she nodded. “Miss Karson was in severe conditions when she came in. She’s in surgery right now, but not to worry, she’s lucky she only escaped with a few fractures and a couple of broken bones.”

Joe sighed in relief. She was alive.

“When will she be out of surgery, m’am?” Nick asked.

“Soon,” the lady replied. “You’ll be able to visit her then, but not for long as she will probably be tired.”

The brothers nodded.

“Thank you,” Joe said, turning on his heel and faced the waiting room.

As soon as Joe sat down on a spare seat in the waiting room, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He quickly pulled it out.

1 New Message

Read

Sender: Lacey
To: Joe

Babe, where are you? I’m in front of your house at the moment. No one’s answering the door.


Joe looked down at the text and skimmed it quickly, slowly moving his fingers over the keypad.

Delete

He snapped his phone shut and leaned back into the chair, grinning to himself. At his very moment, his best friend, Kourtney Karson, was much more important than Lacey Peters.

A few hours at passed since Nick and Joe had arrived at the hospital. Nick had gotten up several times to buy some coffee for the pair and to refill their cups. But eventually, the old lady behind the front desk had spoken to them and informed them with some news.

“Excuse me, Mr Jonas, Mr Jonas,” she said, looking from one brother to the other. “Your friend, Kourtney Karson is out of surgery. She’s asleep at the moment but I’m sure she’ll wake up soon. She’s in room B15. You may visit her now, but only for fifteen minutes.”

Joe quickly jumped up from his chair and grinned. “Finally,” he mumbled, as he raced off to find the specific room.

The pair finally found the room and gently knocked twice before entering the room.

Joe looked around the room when he did, and immediately spotted Kourtney lying down on a bed with many wires attached to her, where a nurse was attaching more wires to her. The bed was placed against the wall, but in the center. Then Joe spotted a brown haired man sitting on a chair against the wall.

“Excuse me,” Joe said, approaching the young man. “Who are you exactly? Kourtney’s friend?”

The young man chuckled nervously as he ran his hand through his hair. “No,” he answered. “I’m the man who crashed into her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm happy with this chapter :)
And of course Kourtney’s alive! Lol
I'll make a deal with you. Let’s try and get up to 66 comments before I start writing up the next chapter :)
And I’m out of banners. Anyone want to make me some?
Comment and subscribe, please!

Micaela made the banner for this chapter.
Image