Join the Band

Complete Silence

~Haylee’s POV~

I was kissing Matt. But the implications of that hadn’t even fully registered in my brain as he pulled away and started at his hands,
“Oh fuck.” I said as it finally hit me. Why did I kiss him? And why did I think he’s kiss me back? He probably hated me now, thought I was some kind of dumb slut, kissing another guy after just breaking up with her boyfriend. ”I’m so sorry.” I mumbled, burring my face in my knees.
“Don’t be, I’m the one who should be sorry.” I heard him say. I looked back up at him with a frown.
“Why are you sorry?” I asked, confused.
“Because,” Matt took a deep breath and my frown deepened, “I like you Haylee, alot. But we can never be together.” He wasn’t looking at me, he was picking at his nails.
“Why?” I demanded, getting angry. I didn’t even know why, and I still hadn’t figured out why I’d even kissed him in the first place. But I did know that my stomach flipped when he’d said he liked me, and that right now, he looked miserable, and I was going to do everything in my power to see him smile again.
“Because you and Jai are perfect for each other.” He mumbled, “Can’t you see? So he made one big mistake, whoop dee fucking do. He still cares about you. Haylee, he still loves you. And the sooner you realise that and go running back to him cause you remember you love him too, the sooner we can go back to normal and get ready to win Battle of the Bands.” I could see how hard it was for him to say that. How hard to was for him to let me go because he thought it was what’s best for me. It broke my heart.
“But what about you Matt?” I asked softly.
“I’ll get over it. Don’t worry about me.” He said, forcing a smile. I sat there next to him for a moment, staring at the ground. I was completely unsure what to do. I still had feelings for Jai, I had to or the fact he lied to me wouldn’t had effected me so much. But here was Matt. The quieter one who had always been there, even if I had never fully realised it. Matt was cute, Matt was sweet, and Matt would never lie to me.

I stood up silently and headed back inside. I didn’t know if Matt followed me or not, I was too lost in my own thought. I ignored Zane and Jai as I entered the dressing room.
“We made it to the semi-finals, they just announced it.” Jai said, trying to be cheery. I just nodded and gathered my stuff.
“Can we just go home?” I asked in a monotone, still not looking at them. I heard Jai sigh as Zane said,
“Of course.” They both started packing up as Matt entered and without a word he joined them and we left. Driving home in complete silence.

~Zane’s POV~

I saw Jai go to talk to Haylee as we got out of the car, but she all but ran into the house. I had no idea what Matt had said to her, but they had both been tensely quiet the entire ride home. Something was terribly wrong and it wasn’t just what Joe and Jai had done.
“Go home, I’ll talk to her.” I told Jai. He shot me a desperate look before turning and walking into his house. With a sigh I followed Haylee into ours and went straight to her room. As I neared it I heard a banging noise and I quickened my pace. Opening the door, I reveled Haylee kicking and punching at the wall.
“Haylee what the hell?” I cried as I rushed to pull her away from the wall. She let me, clinging to me as I sat her down on her bed. Her body shook as she sobbed, though I couldn’t feel and moisture on my shirt. I guessed she must have been cried out.
“Shh, tell me what’s wrong.” I said, patting her hair in an effort to calm her down. She took a few deep breaths but she didn’t take her head off my shoulder.
“I fucked everything up Zane.” She whispered. I frowned but waited for her to explain. She sat up and started at her hands as she told me what had happened between her and Matt not half an hour before. I gaped at her.
“But...fuck.” I said, unable to think of anything else.
“Pretty much I’m the biggest idiot in history. And to top it all off, I don’t even know which one of them I want to be with.” She murmured. I stood up and ran my hands through my hands.
“Well fuck, what are we going to do? Semi-finals are next week and we need to practice and decide what we’re performing and now we have to sort this out.” I said, pacing.
“Maybe we should just give up. I never want to leave this room.” She flopped on her her stomach, her face in her pillow.
“No.” I said, sitting down by her head, “We’ve come too far to give up now. We’re going to figure this out, I promise.” Haylee sat up and looked at me.
“Thank you, for not abandoning me.” She said.
“You’re my sister, I can’t abandon you even if I wanted to.” That got a slight smile out of her.
“I know I don’t say this very often, but you’re an awesome brother Zane.” She said. I smiled at her.
“Of course I am.” I said, giving her a one armed hug. I just hoped I could live up to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler...
yah.
I have part eleven hand written out, I just need to type it up. It'll be up tomorrow at the latest.