Join the Band

Uh, hey guys?

Sway sway baby , you're so audio

Kill your boyfriend, we could be together

Sway sway baby tonight, maybe tonight,

You'll write back to my letters home

 
The following band’s attempt at Short Stack filled our silence. I stood shocked, what the hell was Joe doing here?
“Uh, hey guys?” He said, turning the greeting into a question. A sudden relief spread through my body. Joe’s voice was back, I didn’t have to sing anymore. I hadn’t realised how stressed I was about it until its elephant like weight lifted off my shoulders.
“JOE!!!” I cried wrapping my arms around him. “You’re back! You can sing again!” Suddenly I noticed he wasn’t smiling, he was wincing. I stepped back from him frowning. I went to say something when a girl walked out of the dressing room next to us.
“Joe, you gotta get back in here and finish warming up.” She glanced over at our shocked faces. “What? Did someone die?” She asked shooting us a cold smile.
“Joe, please tell me you’re just there roadie or something.” I whispered. Joe just bit his lip. “No.” I muttered shaking my head.
“Coralie, I’ll come back in a sec.” He said shooing her in the direction of the dressing room door she’d just came out of.
“Ooh, so this is them.” She said, putting emphasis on the ‘them’. She smirked at us and stalked back through the door. 
“Haylee, Joe never lost his voice. This was part of our plan. I wanted you to sing for us and this band was bugging Joe to join them for ages.” Jai said from beside me. I whipped my head around to look at him. 
“You knew?” I said softly. He nodded his head. The stress elephant crashed back down on me but this time I felt like it was going to crush me. “So I went through all this stress, tried to get over my stage fright, cause I thought you needed me. But all this time you were lying to me?” I accused.
“Please, Lee-lee, can’t you see I was doing this for you? For us!?” Jai said.
“Don’t fucking Lee-lee me.” I spat. “I might still have sung with you if you’d told me the truth from the beginning, and I still will because these two boys need me.” I motioned to Matt and Zane, “But we’re over, because I can’t trust you after you lied to me about something this, fucking, big.” Jai winced at my words.
“But I had to protect Joe; I didn’t want you guys thinking of him as a traitor.” He said softly.
“And how did you think we’d react when we did find out?” Matt exclaimed. Jai just lifted his shoulders in a shrug, a guilty look on his face.
“Well then you’re both traitors.” I said, surprisingly calm. I took one look at Jai’s guilty face and tears threatened to fall. I turned and ran, not caring where I was going. I burst out a back door and all but collapsed on the ground, leaning against the building and pulling my legs up to my chest. I buried my face in my knees as my tears finally began to fall.  

~Mike's POV~

I watched Haylee go before turning and glaring at Jai.
"How can you do this to her?" I whispered, speechless, as Joe slipped back into his change room.
"Matt, please…"
"No." I said, not letting him finish, "I can't believe you'd do that to her."
"Mike, shut up." Zane said, speaking for the first time since the news. I glared up at him but he held up his hand, "We need to stop fighting. Regardless of what Joe did, or how Jai helped him, we are a band, Haylee included, and we need both Haylee and Jai for the next round so someone go out there and talk her into putting up with Jai." I sighed, Zane was right. Zane was always right.
"I'll go." Jai mumbled going to head off.
"Wait." I said, "Do you really think she'd going to listen to you right now?" I pointed out. Jai bit his lip,
"You're right, you go." He said. I nodded and headed off, heart pounding slightly as I searched for her.

I found her, curled up just outside a door and I immediately wrapped my arms around her. She clung to me, crying into my shoulder and I patted her hair, waiting. I hated seeing her like this, hated Jai for making her like this and I knew she probably did too. But I wasn’t about to take advantage of that, and I couldn’t deny that Zane was right. Eventually she sat up, wiping her eyes.
“Sorry about that.” She said with a sniff.
“It’s ok, you’re allowed to cry.” I said. She shook her head and sighed.
“So did someone send you out here or did you come coz you were worried about me?” Haylee asked looking up at me with a small smile.
“Both.” I admitted. “Zane sent me out to try and convince you to at least put up with Jai. We need you both for the next round.” I said, quoting Zane. Haylee sighed.
“You’re right. I just don’t think I can look at him again let alone be in the same room as him.” I bit my lip. Now would be the perfect opportunity to make Haylee forget about Jai and come running to me. But I couldn’t do it, I loved her too much to lie to her.
“He cares about you Haylee. Despite what he did to you he still cares. He never meant to hurt you.” I said, even though it was breaking my heart to help her go back to him. She looked up and her eyes caught mine and I panicked, because for a fleeting moment I felt her read every emotion I was experiencing through my eyes. I went to look away but she was leaning forward. And with out warning, her lips captured mine.

~Joe’s POV~

I slipped back into my dressing room, unable to hide my smirk any more.
“So I take it that went well?” Coralie said mirroring my smirk.
“It went excellently my dear.” I said, wrapping my arms around her waist, “Controlled Frenzy should be broken up and no longer a problem by the final round.” I grinned, pulling her in for a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh..yeah..