Join the Band

Siblings Meeting

~Nate’s POV~

Go get your shovel

We'll dig a deep hole

To bury the castle, bury the castle


I caught the end of my message tone as I walked into my room. Picking up my phone I discovered I had two messages. One from Zane that read: Siblings meeting, park down the street, 15 mins. And one from Matt’s older sister Ella: Did you just get a message from Zane? What the hell’s a siblings meeting? I frowned slightly and quickly sent No idea but I think we should go to Ella and On my way[/] to Zane. I pocketed my phone, pulled on a pair of shoes and walked out of my room. I paused outside Jai’s door and sighed. He’d been sitting in there listening to music bone shatteringly loud. Something was wrong and I hoped Zane could tell me what had gone on.
“Going to the park, be back in time for dinner!” I called out to mum as I left, not waiting for a reply as I hurried to the park.

Zane was sitting on the picnic table as I arrived, catching up with Ella as she got out of her car. Even though she was a year older than Matt, was was barely taller than me. She had her brother’s grey-blue eyes, but her hair was currently dyes a deep red colour. She shot me a worried look as we approached Zane. His hair was sticking out in every direction as if he’d been running his hands through it and he looked stressed.
“So here’s the deal.” He said, wasting no time. Ella and I exchange another glance as he dived in to the story, starting from the meeting with Joe to what Haylee had told him about Matt. We stood there, mouths gaping open open as Zane finished up, “So I need your help. We know them best and we need to figure out what to do.” We stood, blinking, for a moment, before Ella broke the silence.
“Well first of all, fuck I’m glad I’m not Haylee right now.” I started at her.
“I’d rather be Haylee than Jai.” I said.
“Why?” Ella asked, looking at me like I was crazy.
“We he’s already upset about the whole thing with Joe, imagine how shattered he’s going to be when he finds out Haylee kissed one of his best friends.” I argued.
“He might not find out, Haylee might still choose him over Matt.” Zane pointed out.
“I doubt it.” I mumbled, “Despite how bad he feels about it, it’s going to take alot for Haylee to forgive him.”
“But then does that mean she’s only looking to Matt because she needs to get over Jai?” Ella asked with a frown. Zane sighed.
“That, m’dear, is a very god question.”
“And one even I don’t know the answer to.” We spun around as Haylee’s voice reached our ears.
“How did you know...?” Zane was frowning at her.
“I’m not stupid Zane. When you spontaneously announced to mum you were going to the park I knew something was up. You never go to the park without reason. Look guys, I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but this is my decision. It comes down to what I feel and I’d rather you didn’t discuss it behind my back.” I started at my hands, feeling guilty as Ella wrapped her arms around Haylee.
“I’m sorry hum. But geez I’m glad I’m not in your position.” She said.
“Not really helping, but thanks all the same Ella.” Haylee said, hugging her back.
“I’m sorry too Haylz, but we can’t hep worrying about you and Jai and Matt.” I said, glancing up at her.
“It’s ok Nate, and I know you worry, but don’t. Everything’s going to work out fine.” She shot me a small smile but I saw through it, into the the guilt and uncertainty she really felt. With a sigh I beckoned to the others.
“Let’s go home.” I said starting to head off. Ella followed but Zane paused.
“Are you coming Haylee?” She shook her head.
“I think I’m gonna stay here for a bit, the fresh air might help me clear my head.” We nodded as she gave us small smile. I sent her one last wave and we left her alone.

~Haylee’s POV~

I had been sitting in the picnic table for God knows how long. I had lost track of how many times Paramore’s discography had played through my iPod as I started at my converse clad feet. But I had made a decision. With a sigh I pulled out my phone and sent a message to two people: Meet me in the park asap.

Within minutes, Matt and Jai were walking towards me, mirroring each other’s frown. I stopped right in front of me and I took a deep breath. Wasting no time on hello’s I told them;
“I’m quitting the band.”
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFFHANGER AGAIN!?!?!
Yup....

lyrics - Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore.