Status: Due to lack of interest, this story is being discontinued.

Reacquainted With a Cheater

Chapter 9

“Fuck me.” Brian said to himself as he tried to sit up. His ribs were in bits, he was sure this Leo guy broke one or at least bruised his side badly. He looked around the empty room and headed downstairs still clutching his side.

“Hey your up.” Hannah welcomed him warmly. Her back was turned to him but she had heard him coming down the stairs. “Are you in any pain?” she turned to face him. She gasped at his bruised eye.

“I’m fine. That guy has some kick, my side is killing me.” He was clutching onto his side to try ease the pain, but it was doing nothing for him. “You have coffee?” she handed him her freshly made cup. “Thanks.”

“Sorry I feel asleep. This wouldn’t have happened if I waited up for you.” She apologized to him. She handed him a packet of painkillers and his phone. “It started going off last night when you went to sleep. I hope you don’t mind I turned it off.”

“No problem.” He turned it on to see missed calls from the band, JB Diz, Larry and Michelle. He cursed himself; he should have not come last night. It was a really bad idea. “Hey J, yeah I got into a fight last night. I’ll be in the next venue, just make sure Jackie is there to do makeup I have a black eye. Bye.” Was the message he left on JB's cell.

“Let me look at your side. Dante broke ribs before, I know what it looks like.” She told him.

Brian pulled his tee shirt off as he called Michelle. “Hey Mich sorry I didn’t answer your calls I got into a fight. I’ll call you later when you’re awake.” He hung up without a ‘love ya’. He knew she would have concerned with how he was then for an ‘I love you’ at the end of a phone message. “How’s it looking down there?” he asked.

“Pretty bad.” She traced around the bruise on his back. “You’ve a huge bruise here and I think you might have a broken rib. I’ll drive you to the hospital to get it checked it out.” She looked at his face. “I’ll give you ice for your eye now. It looks pretty sore.”

“Thanks honey.” He said downing half his coffee. She was in sweat pants and a large tee shirt; he thought it looked like one of his old ones. “Hannah?”

“Yes?” she said into the freezer.

“Who was that guy?” he asked.

Hannah froze on the spot. She had no idea how to tell him, it was harder for her to tell him who they were then when she broke up with him. “Someone Dante knew.” It wasn’t a complete lie. Dante did know Leo, but it never meant he liked Leo. Just knew him for all the wrong reasons.

“Oh okay.” She’s holding something back. “Have you got anything handy that I can before I go?” he asked. He hadn’t eaten since breakfast yesterday at the hospital. She set pancakes in front of him.

“Hope they’re still your favourite.” She said with a smile. “Thanks for changing Adriana last night. I didn’t think I was going to fall asleep with her in my arms.”

“All good.” He said stuffing the pancake in his mouth. He felt his leg vibrate, the caller ID read Michelle. He would have to talk her, if he didn’t she’d have other people bother him until she spoke to him. “I’m going for a piss.” He walked to the bathroom still clutching onto himself.

“Brian, are you okay? What happened? The guys said you disappeared after the show and you never came back.” She spoke fast.

“Hey, hey calm. I’m fine. I just got into a fight last night at a bar; the guy had one to many and started on the bartender chick. So I said a couple of things to him and I guess he didn’t like that very much…” he smiled to himself. He was getting better and better at lying to her everyday.

“Oh god. Please don’t ever do anything like that again, I know you feel the need to protect women Bri, but please don’t do that again. You had me worried sick and your phone was off so I thought it was something bad.” She sobbed down the line. “I don’t want to lose you.”

“It’s okay I promise. Listen I have a sore side and I’m at the hospital to get checked out. I’ll call you later. I love you.” He told her more lies.

“Love you too. Keep safe.” She meant every word she spoke to him then she hung up.

He walked out the bathroom and back to the kitchen. He watched Hannah the entire time he was eating, looking at every inch of her body. It was something he couldn’t help but to do.

“You nearly ready to go hot stuff?” Hannah had asked coming down the stairs to see him in a daze. “Honey go put your shirt on you can’t go out looking like that.” She smiled and Adriana giggled to herself.

“Alright yeah I’m ready to go. Let me take the baba.” He out stretched his arms. But she just gave him ‘are you fucking kidding me’ look. “C’mon it’s not gonna hurt me. Your pregnant and need like rest or some shit like that.”

“No Brianie. Now get into the car like a good boy.” She ordered him.

“But I’m never a good boy.” He said with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Go.” She said with grin and her finger pointing to the front door.

{x.x}

“I fucking hate hospitals.” Brian groaned as they came out of the hospital. “I dunno how my mother can work in their, its just so argh.” He muttered more to himself than Hannah.

“Aw you did good. At least you didn’t have to spend to long in there. Remember when I had to go in ‘cause I thought I broke my arm when you crashed. We were both so drunk and I cried the whole time and you were nearly crying with me.” She laughed at the ‘accident.’

“That was the funniest thing ever! Oh man I think I like hit a wall at 10km per hour and your whacked you arm off the door and started crying. Do you remember that one doctor that gave us a pretty weird look?” he laughed, then slowly stopped because two weeks after that incident she dumped him. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” she asked him curiously. He shook his head as to say no. “Okay. Here’s your painkillers. Remember what the guy said twice a day.” She told him, wondering why he was sorry.

I fucked up our relationship. That’s why I’m sorry.