This Goes Out To, The Ones That Fall In Love

StarBucks?

I must have woke up early the next morning, because no one else was awake yet and I’m usually last to wake up. I turned around in Ronnie’s arms and studied his face. Perfect jaw line, perfect nose, perfect lips, perfect eyes. I never noticed how detailed his tattoos were, most of them of robots, he told me about his robot obsession. I said it was weird, he said the same about SpongeBob. But who doesn’t love the cute little thing. Ronnie must have woke up, I didn’t notice he had though.

“You like them,” he asked.

“To many robots,” I smiled cheekily at him and he pretended to be hurt.

“Shay, just because robots are cooler than you, doesn’t give you the right to bully them.”

“Oh, are they really cooler than me? Is that even possible?” I joked.

“It is so possible.” He moved closer and stared at my lips. Come on, kiss me, please, please. My god. What’s taking so long? Finally I got sick of waiting and pressed my lips against his. The kiss was becoming heated very quickly. By this time he was hovering on top of me and going for my bra. I pulled back and he gave me a confused look.

“What did I tell you Ronnie?” I crawled out from under him and went to the kitchen to make some coffee. Ronnie walked out of the bunk and stood next to me.

“What?”

“I told you no action, not until you’ve proven yourself.”

Ronnie sighed and hugged me, “I’m sorry baby, I am trying.”

“I know you are.” I pecked his cheek.

I waited for the kettle to boil and Ronnie was getting dressed in the back of the bus, he came out in the same black skinny jeans and shirt as the day before.

“Shay, don’t worry about making a coffee, we’ll go to Starbucks.”

“Uh, sure.”

“Quickly, go get dressed we have to get there before it gets busy.”

I ran to the back of the bus, why was he rushing me so much? It just coffee, I mean, come on. I got dressed and grabbed my wallet to leave.

“You won’t need that,” Ronnie snatched the wallet out of my hands.

“I’m going to pay for my own coffee Ronnie,” I tried to snatch the wallet out of his hands but he just held them up in the air, he put my wallet on the highest shelf, knowing to well that I couldn’t reach it. I sighed in defeat and we walked down the road to the nearest StarBucks.

We went to the counter and Ronnie order a regular coffee and got me some weird sounding thing. I have no idea what it was but is tasted so damn good. Ronnie and I were talking about our families and stuff; we really didn’t know each other very well. He was telling me about his mother and how she left his father to raise him and his brother, about Max and how they started the band. The boy had a hard life; I had to admit it, much worse than mine. It sounded like a walk in the park compared to his. I told him about my sister, mum, dad and how crap they are, about my sister being the slut she was and stealing everything good from me – boyfriends, friends, my possessions.

I walked in the door of the bus to see Max, Bryan, Robert and Omar all on the couch playing Halo. Ronnie had gone to the shops to get some food for the next few days – I really need to get a job, to help them pay for the extra food. They all looked at me strangely when I walked in.

“Not going to offer me a turn?” I looked at tem skeptically.

Max spoke up first, “We- Um- Ah.”

“Just because I’m dating Ronnie doesn’t make me a different person, nor does it take away my love for Halo,” I smirked at them. A few seconds went by.

“Hey Shay, do you want to play some Halo with us?” Robert Yelled.

“Yes I would. Thanks for asking,” I plonked myself on the lounge next to Bryan. We played for half an hour before I got sick of Bryans silent treatment. I grabbed his arm and pulled him outside.

“What is your problem?!” I yelled at him, “Get over it! I’m dating Ronnie and there’s nothing you can do about it. If I get hurt, I get hurt. But he makes me happy Bryan, I haven’t been happy in years, and I finally have something good in my life. Ok?”

“I’m sorry Shay. I was, just scared, I know what he’s like, you might have changed him, but I doubt it. Just be careful, I really do hope it works out.”

“Thank you,” I hugged him, “he really does make me happy though.” He went back inside but I stayed out and waited for Ronnie to come back. Was sick of playing videogames, it was the only source of non-energetic fun around here. The boys were very lazy. I was only sitting for a few seconds before Ronnie came around the corner with only some chocolate milk. So Ronnie-like. He walked up and kissed me passionately, unexpected, but I couldn’t say I didn’t like it.

“You make me happy to,” he whispered as he rested his forehead against mine. I smiled and kissed him again, then walked inside. I think we just got a whole lot closer.