This Goes Out To, The Ones That Fall In Love

That Doesn't Quite Cut It

I’ve been calling her all day, texting her all day and leaving voice messages all day. She hasn’t returned any of them, but to be honest, I probably wouldn’t return them either. I can’t believe I even did that, I promised that I wouldn’t, but I did. I think it would be fair to say that I am probably the worst boyfriend and girls should stay away from me.

Max just came back into the bus and I immediately ran to him.

“Did you find her?”

“Yes, but she doesn’t want to see anyone, and I highly doubt she’ll want to even want to speak to you either.” He spat. I didn’t say anything else, I just ran outside and started looking for myself. I only have two more days left in this place and I don’t want her to stay here.

I went to all her favourite places. I checked the beach, star bucks, and everywhere in between. There was only one place left, Jakes house. I walked up the front steps nervously and knocked lightly on the door. After a few seconds a lady who looked about 50 opened the door, I guessed it was Jakes mom.

“Um, is Shay there ma’am?” I spoke as politely as I could.

“Yes she is, and who may you be?”

“Ronnie, ma’am.” I heard running down the stairs, Shay came around the corner and ran straight for me. The look on her face wasn’t pretty, I closed my eyes and prepared myself for whatever she intended on doing. I heard a door slam and opened my eyes. Just a door. I could hear them talking inside.

“Is that him sweetheart?” Jakes mom asked her. I didn’t hear them speak again, all I heard was sobbing. I turned around and punched the side of the house.

“Fucking stupid idiot!” I yelled and I sank to the ground and cried, wait, I haven’t cried since mom left, why now? I got up and went to the nearest Starbucks, I need a coffee.

Shay’s POV

“Jake! I’m going for a walk. I’ll be back later.”

“Okay, just be careful, and don’t do anything, stupid.” I smiled and walked out the door. It’s four in the afternoon so it’ll be getting dark soon so I can’t be out to long. I decided to get some coffee first, it helps me think and boy, did I need to.

I was outside Starbucks and I looked in the window. It was jam packed and would probably take a while to get my coffee. I was just about to walk in, when Ronnie turned around. We locked eyes for what seemed like forever. I pulled my gaze away from his and speed walked in the opposite direction as fast as I could. I just needed to get away from him, I don’t need this right now.

I heard him yelling after me but I chose to ignore him. He stopped yelling but I heard him running after me, this only made me speed up more. Eventually he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest, he hugged me tight. I squirmed and pushed against his chest until he let me go. As soon as I was out of his grip I ran straight for the beach. I stopped just out of reach of the water and sat down. I pulled my knees to my chest and closed my eyes, taking in the serenity of the ocean and hoping that it would somehow transfer to me.

After only a few minutes a heard someone sit next to me, I guessed who it was but I opened my eyes and checked just in case. I sighed and fell back into the sand. We were both silent for a while. At last, he spoke.

“I’m sorry.” He seemed sincere but I’m not giving in easily, its going to take a lot more than two words.

“Sorry doesn’t quite cut it Ronnie.”

“I’m sorry, I really am. I didn’t mean to, I was drunk off my face and I don’t even remember doing it, I don’t remember anything from that night. I know you probably don’t care, but I am really sorry. Can you give me a second chance? I promise I wont do anything like this again, just please, I like you a lot more than you know,” he pleaded.

“I’ve heard that before.”

“But this time I mean it.”

I sat up straight and looked him straight in the eye, “So you didn’t mean it last time?” I yelled at him.

“I, I did mean it, you know what I mean.”

I pulled myself together and told him everything. “Do you know what its like? Do you know how it feels? Wait, no, of course you don’t, you’re always the one breaking hearts, you don’t know what its like to be on the receiving end! Do you know what its like to be told my the man that you love that you don’t matter, to watching him sucking some other sluts face off, then watch him go up stairs and have sex with some random chick who isn’t you? It fucking hurts Ronnie, more then you can even imagine.”

“You love me?”

“Yes Ronnie, but you have no idea how much I wish is didn’t, but I can’t help it. I’ve been trying to forget about you, but it’s impossible.”

“Then stop trying,” his face was only inches away from mine, he wasn’t sure whether to kiss me or not, so I made the decision for him.

5

4

3

2

1

“Ouch!” Ronnie yelled, holding his cheek.

“You don’t think I’ll forgive you that easily, did you Radke?”

“I, uh,” He stuttered as I stood up and turned around. I stomped up the beach and onto the path. I wasn’t paying attention to anything, so I eventually had to run into something, or, someone.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you,” I said without looking up at the person I bumped into, and kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make updates come quicker