Demolition Lovers

V

Frank opened his eyes. The light was too bright, everything was too fuzzy, and there was too much weight on him. He felt like he was being pushed down.
He gasped when he saw Luna’s head on his stomach.
“Luna?” He realized he was crying.
Luna stirred. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She didn’t smile when she saw he was awake.
“Can I do it NOW?” She asked darkly.
“I suppose…” A voice replied uneasily. Frank twisted and saw a doctor in a white coat. Then he felt the stinging pain as Luna’s hand made contact with his face. He hadn’t expected to be hit.
“You bastard!” She screamed. Frank stared at her, shocked. Tears were pouring down her face.
“I-I…” He couldn’t think clearly. She stood up and ran out of the room. Frank curled up in a ball and stared at his bandaged wrists. He always ran the people who cared most away. Maybe she hadn’t cared at all. What if she was just pissed off because she had seen all the blood?
“You deserved that,” Gerard’s voice brought Frank out of his dismal mood. He smiled widely when he saw Gerard. But Gerard’s face held the evidence of previous sessions of crying.
“Why?” He murmured. Gerard walked over and sat at the edge of the bed.
“You hurt her. I don’t think she knows it yet, but she’s falling for you. By the looks of it, she’ll fall harder if you can convince her now. But I doubt it. You had a chance with her. But what you did...” He shook his head, “…I doubt if she’ll ever speak to you again.”
Frank pushed himself up further so he wasn’t slumped down.
“I was falling for her too,” He admitted. Gerard frowned.
“Duh! It was obvious,” He snorted. Frank stared at his bandages some more.
“I’m so sorry,” He whispered. Tears fell onto his arms.
“Well thanks. But she’s the one who needs the apology right now. You’re not the only one going through that shit. She is too. I can’t relate and she has no other friends. Who’s she going to talk to if you leave?” Gerard asked.
Frank shrugged.
“I think….I think I love her,” He sobbed. Gerard put a hand on his shoulder.
“I can’t believe you know that after about three days. But if that’s true, I don’t see why she can’t still love you. We’ve all made mistakes Frank, but mistakes are what we learn from,” Gerard explained.
Frank nodded and wiped his tears away.
Luna would fall in love with him. He knew it. No matter what it took, he would show her that he loved her. Maybe that wouldn’t be enough to make her fall for him, but it would have to be a start.

3 Days Later…

Luna sat on the Ways’ couch and stared at the television screen. She wasn’t really watching it, but she was pretending too so she wouldn’t have to see Frank. He had to spend forty-eight hours in a psych ward, and then an extra day because they weren’t sure whether or not to release him.
But he was back now. He sat down beside her and gave an annoyingly dramatic sigh.
“Hey,” He mumbled. Luna nodded to show she’d heard him. She had decided that she wouldn’t be friends, as kindergarten as that sounded. She couldn’t be friends with him if he was so selfish that he would leave her like that. Well, that sounded like she had feelings or something for him, which she did not.
“Look, Luna-“ He started.
“Don’t try to apologize Frank,” She cut in, “I don’t care. I’m not speaking to you. I’m not going to acknowledge your presence from here on out. I will act as if I never met you.”
Frank felt as if he had been slapped. Had he fucked up so much that the girl he loved wouldn’t even acknowledge his presence?
“C’mon, I’m sorry. I just…I couldn’t take it anymore,” He tried again. Luna looked away.
“I saw the blood and then I realized it was you. I was so scared. I was crying and screaming for you to stay with me. I called the ambulance. I stayed with you for the entire while. I keep thinking how happy you were to see me. But then I think, if you didn’t care enough about Gerard and me to stay here, it doesn’t even matter,” She said sharply.
Frank laid his head in his hands.
“Luna, don’t do this. I do care about you. I just…I couldn’t deal with everything that was happening. My life has been all about fear. I couldn’t take that. I wanted to make one decision that only I could right then. I wasn’t thinking clearly. I just…acted,” He sighed.
Luna glanced at him. His tattooed arms and the cuts that patterned them, his lip ring that he was sucking on, and the letters on his knuckles that spelled out Halloween.
“Frank, I didn’t want to lose you. I think that if I’m not attached to you, I don’t have to worry about that pain,” She confessed softly.
Frank looked up quickly.
“I am never doing this again,” He said firmly. Luna looked to her hands.
Frank pulled her head up, his hands on either side of her face.
“Listen to me. I am NEVER doing that again. If it hurt you that much, I will NEVER even think about it again. I swear to you,” He said.
Luna bit her lip.
“Frank, I-“ But she had no time to finish. Frank’s lips covered her own. He was surprised when she opened her mouth and allowed her to explore it. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he felt that strange feeling he never experienced except when he was around her. Love.
He pulled away and stared into her eyes. They were so innocent and honest.
“Luna, I…” But he couldn’t tell her how he felt right then. It was much too soon.
“What?” She whispered. Frank smiled.
“I’m glad I’m alive,” He whispered back. Then he kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ack! i cant believe ppl r commenting! its awesome. i feel loved. anyways heres the update! hopes u like it. there will b one everyday except this weekend cuz im going to muh gramma and grampa's 2 c my little cuzins start their little league season