‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Forced conversations.

Gerard's POV;

I'm sad to say it didn't get any better after that.

It's a good thing we didn't have to perform another thirty minutes or so. Because Alliyson nor Frank were anywhere to be seen until about five minutes before we actually had to go on stage. Frank came back, alone, his eyes and face very red and flushed. He smelt like he'd been smoking too, even though he promised Alliyson he quit.

So we went and performed, and I guess Frank pushed everything aside and did what he did best. He probably didn't want to let down the crowd, you know? So he just gave it his all, as usual, and when we were finished we walked off. Alliyson wasn't backstage like she usually was, and she didn't come give Frank a water bottle halfway through the set.

When we hung out in this promo room a little while later for pictures and stuff for this magazine, Alliyson finally appeared. But she didn't come talk to Frank or even acknowledge him. Instead, she talked to Adam Lazzara and myself. When they were talking about piercings (Adam was talking about how much he liked her lip rings), I looked over at Frank.

He was sitting next to Matt Cortez, our former guitar tech and bass player replacement, and Chester from Linkin Park. They were talking about tattoos but Frank obviously wasn't listening. His eyes were literally, glued to Alliyson. Every time she smiled, I saw him cringe. Also, when she'd even touch Adam he would sigh and try to look away. And I honestly felt, so bad.

This is what Alliyson does when she's mad. She won't show that she's upset, or mad or anything. And she'll ignore the person that's pissed her off. She'll just plaster a smile on her face and pretend like nothings wrong with her, like nothing happened and go on with her life for a while. Which doesn't always work, because Frank will do the same and then they'll both be miserable.

When the promo stuff was done, Frank was the first one out of the room. Linkin Park had to perform now so they left and Adam and Alliyson walked out of the room together before Alliyson remembered she had to go back to the bus and followed the rest of the band. She jumped on Ray's back and told him to 'giddyup', which caused us all to laugh.

Except Frank, of course. Who had already hi-tailed it back to the bus and when we got on, he was sitting in the living room with his head in his hands. I patted him on the back when I walked past but Alliyson didn't even glance at him.

I felt like this was all my fault. If I had never got Frank to listen in on her conversation, we would've never heard what she said to John and Frank wouldn't have gotten upset. And then, in the result of Frank not being upset, him and Alliyson wouldn't have gotten into a fight about a Victoria's Secret bathing suit.

I mean honestly, who fights over a bathing suit? Frank was obviously upset about other things (the phone call) and his anger must've gotten the best of him and he flipped out. It was more than jealousy, oh no, this was something more along the lines of anger and resentment. He must've felt like 'hey, I won her, she's mine now' and he must be so confused on what's going on.

Hey, I'm confused too. But I needed these two to talk and work it out. It didn't feel right with them not talking, them not all over each other all the time. And what about when they went to bed? This was their first big fight and it was all my fault and I'm gonna fix it.

When I heard Alliyson enter the bathroom to shower, I hopped out of my bunk to go find Frank. Right when the water turned on I swear I heard Alliyson sob quietly from behind the door but I shook my head and went back into the living room to see Frank still in the same spot in the middle of the couch, his head in his hands.

"Hey," I said softly, sitting beside him. Frank removed his hands to look at me before looking back at the floor.

"Hi."

"You gonna sit out here all night?" I asked.

"Probably," he sighed sadly. "She doesn't even want to look at me."

"Well she did slap you," I pointed out.

"Yeah but I egged her on," Frank said. "I still can't believe I said that to her...I've never said such a thing to her before, ever. I deserved it..."

"Don't say that Frank," I said, placing my hand on his back. "I know why you were upset...you just have to talk to her about it."

"No!" Frank exclaimed. "Then she'll know that I was listening and she won't trust me and she'll be even madder and probably want to hit me again..."

"She's not going to hit you again Frank," I assured him quietly. "She probably regrets hitting you in the first place. I know Alliyson and...she doesn't like inflicting pain on people."

"I know," he sniffed. "God...all I've been thinking about is what I said to her...and the look on her face. But I've never been madder! How could she...how could she tell him she loves him Gerard? I just don't understand..."

"I'm telling you," I said. "Ask her. She loves you Frank..I'm sure she'll tell you why."

"Yeah but she loves him too..." He said sadly, groaning at the end. "What am I supposed to do? I love her! I can't....she can't..."

"She's not going to leave you so shut up," I snapped. "Don't even think about it."

Frank groaned again and turned to look at me, "How am I supposed to even talk to her? She won't even look at me. You saw! She totally ignored me back there and everything...and the audacity of this woman. She thinks she was making me jealous with fucking Lazzara?! What the hell was that about?"

"No Frank..." I huffed, chuckling a little. "She wasn't trying to make you jealous. She just didn't want to mope around and be upset. She was trying to distract herself from the problem."

"So I'm the fucking problem now?!" Frank yelled, standing up and standing in front of me. "I'm just her problem?"

"Shut up!" I hissed. "She's showering but she can still hear you now sit down and shut up!"

His shoulders sagged and he slumped back into the chair, putting his head back to rest on the shoulders of the chair and covered his face in his hands again.

"I'm so fucking stupid..."

I snorted and waited. I had a plan now, and I just needed Alliyson to finish out the rest of it.

In about ten minutes, I heard the shower turn off and then a little bit after the bathroom door opened and I heard Alliyson whistling Korn's Freak on a Leash. Then I heard light footsteps and heavy footsteps coming towards the room we were in currently and Alliyson and Bob appeared, giggling.

"Hey," I said and Alliyson turned around and looked directly at me, grinning.

"Hi bitch," she giggled and opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water while Bob got a can of soda. Then Alliyson went in one of the cabinets and pulled out her allergy medicine and popped two pills in and then gulped it down with water. Bob started tickling her and she almost spit out all of her water so she smacked him.

"You're no fun," Bob growled, still smiling as Alliyson struggled to swallow her water. "Why couldn't you just spit it up?"

"'Cause then Gerard would have to clean it," she shrugged and I stared at her.

"Why the hell would I clean up your spit up water?" I asked and Bob exited the room, laughing.

"She's calling you the maid!" He called.

Alliyson chuckled and nodded at my shocked face and stood in front of the mini fridge, leaning on the counter top.

"Alliyson..." I said coolly. "Wanna do me a favor?"

"Depends."

"Right. Come here..." I said and she rose her eyebrow at me. I felt Frank freeze up beside me but I ignored it as Alliyson came towards me slowly.

As soon as she was about a foot from me, water bottle still in hand I stood up and pulled her down, seating her next to Frank and I started towards the door.

"Both of you, talk," I ordered, opening the door to the rest of the bus and I turned around in the doorway. "And you're both not allowed out until you do."

Frank gaped at me with this wide-eyed look, "But Ger-"

"I don't want to hear it," I said as Alliyson stood up. "Sit. Talk. Now."

And with that I shut the door and locked it, walked to my bunk and lay down facing the door, waiting for them to start talking.