‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Frank's okay.

*Gerard's POV;

Alliyson just continued to pace in front of us.

Brian, Worm, Bob, Ray, and myself sat in the waiting room of the nearest Emergency Room to the venue. We had gotten an ambulance over by our tour bus and they carried Frank away to here. He hadn't woken up at all during this time, but he made strange moaning noises when they lifted him onto the stretcher.

I'll admit this right now, I was scared shit less when I heard Alliyson scream and found my best friend lying on the floor. I couldn't understand what happened. Was he jumped, did he fall, did he pass out? We were all so confused on what happened.

And Alliyson...poor Alliyson was hysterical. She refused to go in the back of the ambulance, she said she couldn't stand to sit next to him like that. So Brian went instead. And when we arrived in the Emergency Room after, she sat on the other side of the seating area, by herself, and cried quietly.

Now, she had resorted to making all of us dizzy as shit and was pacing back and forth in front of us. To be honest, it was starting to give me a headache.

"Alliyson," Brian pleaded. "Could you please sit down?"

Everyone else nodded agreeably. But Alliyson shook her head and sniffed again, wiping away any remaining tears from her face. We've been in here about two to three hours and half of the time she was doing something strange along with crying.

"This is all my fault," she whispered softly. I scrunched up my face at her.

"How the hell is this your fault?!," I yelled and she glanced at me before turning around and walking down the path she had for about an hour and a half now.

"I should've been with him!," she continued. "If I would've been with him, none of this would've happened. We don't know how long he was sitting there like that! What if he broke something...what if he's sick?"

"Alliyson he's going to be fine," Bob said firmly. "We're talking about Frank here. He always gets sick but he usually jumps right back into work like nothing happened."

"It's not work that I'm worried about!," Alliyson yelled and I heard one of the nurses at the station snort loudly and then shush her. Alliyson resorted to flipping her off. "You wanna go? I'll fucking take you right now!"

I shook my head and stood up slowly, grabbing her arms and seating her in my seat, "Sit." And I sat next to her.

She then began to stare at her lap and sniff sadly, the tears sliding down her cheeks again, "I'm just so worried...How did I let this happen?," she asked sadly.

"Al...you know this isn't your fault. I know you're just blaming it on yourself because you need someone to blame but it isn't," I said softly and tipped her chin so she was looking at me. "So just calm down."

Alliyson nodded sadly and turned away from me so she could wipe away what was left of her tears and she stared down at her lap, "I just feel so bad...I wasn't there with him...It hurts to think of Frank in pain and me not being able to help him at all."

"You found him, didn't you?," I asked and she nodded slowly. "Then you helped him. God only knows how much worse it could've gotten if we found him later."

She nodded again and exhaled slowly. I looked up at Brian who was giving me a thumbs up and saw the rest of my band mates staring down at the shiny, squeaky floor of the Emergency Room. I kissed the side of Alliyson's head and I felt her smirk sadly.

"Relax."

About thirty minutes later, the elevator in the back of the room pinged loudly and a doctor came out. He had short black hair and wore a long, white lab coat that clashed horribly with his white hospital pants. He glanced at the nurse who pointed at us and he walked into the seating area and stood in front of us.

"Are you the party for Mr. Iero?," he asked and I nodded, Brian and Worm stood up and Ray and Bob looked up at him. "Hi, I'm Dr. Stephenson, Frank's doctor. Frank's fine but he had to be moved to his own room on the third floor because we need to monitor him and he's on an IV drip."

I saw Brian frown slightly as the doctor continued, "When you guys brought Frank in here he had erratic breathing and he was unconscious. His heart was beating ten times faster than a normal heart and it was causing it to swell. The swelling of the heart can be caused by shock, stress, malnourishment, and many other things. According to Frank, he had also had a slight stomachache before he passed out and he had thrown up before he was found. Frank is only slightly bruised, from his fall but he didn't break anything. He asked to see all of you so I'll direct you up to his room...if you'd please follow me."

The doctor proceeded to walk towards the elevator he came out of, having a conversation with Brian and Worm while Bob, Ray, Alliyson and myself lagged behind. We rode the elevator up to the third floor and he led us down the hall and through another corridor to a room and knocked on the door. He then opened it and gestured for us all to go inside after he shook Brian and Worm's hands and he disappeared.

When we walked inside, I looked at the bed expecting to see Frank but instead I found an empty bed. I looked around the room to find Frank sitting at the windowsill with his IV drip and his heart monitor standing beside him. He had a sad, lost look on his now paler than usual face and the tubes coming from his arm and inside of his shirt made me a little bit sick. Alliyson squeaked from behind me, closest to the door, and I knew this wasn't any easier on her than it was me. Frank turned his attention to us and shot us a sad smile.

"Frank," Brian snapped crossly as he approached him. "Why aren't you in bed?"

"It gets boring after a while," he stated simply and looked back out the window.

"You need to rest," Brian continued. "We have to get to Mountain View by tomorrow and we were supposed to leave to-"

"We'll get there," I heard myself say. "Don't worry about it. How are you feeling Frank?"

"Fine," he sighed. "A little better than I did before."

"What happened anyway? Can you remember?," Bob asked and I saw Frank wince and then shake his head. "Is that a no?"

"No, I remember. I uh...went back to the bus because I wasn't feeling well and I threw up before I even got there. So I went on the bus to rest and when I went to the bunk area everything just got all dizzy and before I knew it I was falling and everything went black. Next thing I know, I'm in the Emergency Room," Frank said, now looking at his hands.

"You sure?," Ray asked, unsure but Frank nodded quickly.

"Positive."

"Well as long as you're alright now," Worm said. Worm was always the one that could find the good out of any situation, even if it was Frank sitting in the hospital. "You know you have to be here over night, right?"

Frank nodded and looked out the window quickly before he turned to look at all of us again. He looked sad, almost miserable. And his eyes were lined with...tears? He stood up and grabbed both the movable heart rate machine and the drip with him to the bed before he sat down and looked at us again.

"Guys?," he choked sadly and we all continued staring at him, waiting for him to finish. "Where...where's Alliyson?"

"I..-uh," I began but Alliyson quietly said from behind me:

"Here I am," and she walked away from the door to come closer to the bed, not looking at anything other than her feet and her hands. I touched her back when she walked past me but she didn't even acknowledge it.

"Um...can you guys give us a couple minutes, please?," Frank asked, now looking at his own legs as he pulled them onto the bed.

We all nodded and walked out of the room, leaving the two alone.