Status: Finished!!

What I Go To School For

I Will Always Protect You

Image

Nick's P.O.V.

After Bobbi retold her terrifying story I was so upset it took all myself control to keep from going after Alec. He hurt her and he was going to pay.

"Nick take Bobbi upstairs." My mom instructed quietly.

I picked Bobbi up, back into my arms, and took her up the stairs to my room. I gently placed her on my bed and then I sat next to her.

"Stop looking like that." She whispered.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like you’re scared."

I sighed and looked away from her. "I am scared. I'm scared you’re not alright. I don't know what I would have done if he-" I stopped talking unable to say what could have happened.

"But that didn't happen. Your going to blame yourself aren't you?"

"It’s my fault because I left you alone. I had to stop and talk to that girl instead going right back to you." I said anger building up inside of me. "I should have been there."

I put my head in my hands and tried to keep from completely breaking down. I looked between the cracks in my fingers and saw that Bobbi had her eyes closed.

"I love you." She whispered. "I don't blame you."

I dropped my hands and held her hand in mine. "I love you more then anything."

She smiled at me and rolled her eyes. "We're like a lifetime movie of the week."

I had to laugh at that. "Yeah I guess so."

"Hey Nick mom wants to talk to you." Joe said as he stepped into the room.

"Now?" I asked not wanting to leave Bobbi alone.

"Yes."

I kissed Bobbi quickly on the forehead then exited the room. My mom and dad were sitting in my dad's office quietly talking.

Bobbi's P.O.V.

I was left alone with Joe who looked just as uncomfortable as I felt. He averted his eyes from me which made things even more awkward. I shifted on the bed to a better sitting position and tried to clear the ruined make-up from my face.

“Here.” Joe said as he took a Kleenex from a box by Nick’s computer. He handed it to me while he still was not really looking at me.

“Thank you.” I said taking the tissue from him.

I wiped away the make-up then set the used tissue on the table next to me. Joe was finally looking at me a look of pure confusion taking over his usually happy features.

“Your arm is bruised.” He said taking a step towards me.

I looked down at my right arm and saw a big purple mark forming in the shape of fingers. Joe gently lifted my arm up to examine the mark a frown settling on his brow. He traced the make with his fingers tip; the slight pressure made me wince away from him.

“Sorry.” He said quickly. He took a step back and looked at me still a look of confusion on his face.

“It’s OK.” I said looking away from him to look at the bruise.

“Did he hurt you anywhere else?” Joe asked glancing down at my legs.

I blushed and nodded. “Yeah I think he hurt my back when he…”I trailed off not wanting to go into anymore detail.

“Oh do you want me to check or would you rather Nick.” Joe asked uncertainly.

“I was going to ask you mom, a little less awkward.” I admitted shyly.

“Oh, right good idea.” Joe said with a nod.

After a second of awkward silence I’d had enough. “Will please just make a joke or something?” I burst out.

Joe gave me a funny look. “Why?”

“Because this awkwardness is getting on my nerves. Just go back to being Joe.”

“Alright.” Joe said after a moment. He looked around the room then looked back at me. “Can I tell you something?”

“Uh sure.” I said a little unsure of where this was all heading.

Joe sat next to me on the bed and took a deep breath. “I think I might like a girl.”

“OK? What’s new about that?” I asked confused.

“Nothing but I think she could be the one.”

“Are you even dating her?”

“Well no but she’s amazing.” Joe said a far away looking coming into his eyes.

“Until you are dating her I’d keep your mind out of the clouds.” I advised.

“It’s her bed I want to be in.” Joe said with a wink.

“Joe!” I said playfully slapping him in the chest.

“I’m kidding. Geez no need to beat me up.” Joe said rubbing the spot I had hit him.

“You better be kidding, mister.” I said sternly.

“You sound like my mother.” Joe complained.

“I’m going to take that as a compliment.” I said.

We continued our banter for a little while longer. When there was a lapse in our conversation Joe finally asked the question I knew he had wanted to ask all along.

“Are you going to press charges?” He asked cautiously.

“I think I should, but,” I took a raged breath. “I’m scared.”

“You have nothing to be scared of. My family will always protect you.”

I smiled at the thought of this family loving me enough to protect me. “I know.”

“Hey guys.” Nick said entering the room. “Can I talk to Bobbi alone?” Nick asked his older brother.

“Sure.” Joe said as he stood from the bed. He sent a smile at me then left the room.

Nick took Joe’s place next to me he took my hand in his right away. I knew he had something important to say just by the look of dismay on his face.

“My parents are calling the police right now.”

“OK.” I said taking another ragged breath.

“Are you OK with this?” Nick asked.

“Yeah I am.” I said trying to smile.

Nick kissed the back of my hand. “I’ll be here to protect you.”

“I know.” I said remembering what Joe had said. “I love you.”

“I love you too, babe.”

Nick laid next to me on the bed with his arms wrapped around me keeping me close to his side. I fell into an uneasy sleep next to Nick. The next time I woke up I would have to face the police.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all like!

This might be the last update for a little while, I'm going on vacation. But when I get back I will update like crazy. follow me on twitter to get updates on the story.

Comments please.
: )