Status: Finished!!

What I Go To School For

Ignore The Whispers And Stares

Image

Talking to the police wasn't as bad as I had expected. Nick was there the whole time holding my hand comforting me. I told the police what happened and didn't leave any details out; they were going to arrest Alec and charge him with assault.

Once the police left the house Nick and I decided to watch a movie in his room and relax. We put in a comedy movie Joe had recommended and settled against the pillows on the bed. The movie was good but not as funny as I had expected so I let myself daze off and forgot about the movie altogether.

"Bobbi?"

I opened my eyes and was met with Nick's.

"What?" I asked groggily.

"We're going out to dinner." Nick said quietly.

"Now?" I asked confused. When I fell asleep it was barely lunch time.

"Yeah you've been a sleep awhile."

"Great I'll never get back to sleep." I mumbled as I sat up.

"We'll find something to do." Nick said as he helped me sit up. "I won't be getting any sleep either."

"Why?" I stopped combing my hair to look at him.

"I just can't sleep." He said trying to play it off like it was nothing.

"Nick -"

"I know, OK?" He snapped.

"Fine." I said putting my hands up in surrender.

I got up from the bed and walked to the living room. Nick followed close behind me but he didn't say anything like I expected him to. Joe and Frankie were already sitting on the couch.

"Where's Kyrsten?" I asked looking around.

"She's still in the room." Frankie answered.

I turned and walked to Frankie's room. Kyrsten was just opening the door when I walked to it.

"Hi." She said giving me a big hug.

"Hey what's up?" I asked noticing she wasn't smiling.

"What happened to you?" She asked her lip quivering.

"Someone tried to hurt me." I said quietly. "But everything’s fine now."

"Who tried to hurt you?” She asked worried.

"That's not important." I said with a small smile. "What is important is everything is fine."

"OK."

"Now let's go get some food." I said giving her another hug.

We walked back to the living room where all of the Jonas' were.

"Ready?" Denise asked smiling warmly at us.

"Yes." Kyrsten said with a smile.

****

I've never liked Mondays, but today was possibly the worse Monday of my life so far. I had to go back to school where Alec was. He had posted bail the night he was arrested he could go back to school like noting happened.

"Hey time to go." Nick said as he picked up his back pack.

I laced up my shoes then looked up at Nick. "I don't know if I can do this."

Nick helped me stand then hugged me close. "You'll be fine. I won't let him come near you."

"I know. Its just I don't know what to expect." I explained. "What if everyone knows?"

Nick let go of me and looked at me and shook his head. "So what if they know? If anyone tries anything they'll have me to deal with."

"Alright we better get going." I said picking up my bag.

We walked to school like we normally did a cold wind blew our clothes back. Fall was starting to blend into winter and soon there would be snow on the ground. The school loomed over us as we entered the school grounds. It was going to be a long day I could feel it already.

I was getting weird looks as I walked to my locker with Nick. I could see everyone's lips moving in whispered conversations. This time I knew the whispers were not about Nick and I being a couple.

"Ignore them." Nick said like he did every morning.

"Its a lot harder today then it ever has been." I grumbled.

"I know but don't let it get to you."

I found the books I needed for the first couple of classes I had then I followed Nick to his locker. The good thing was Nick and I had all of our classes together.

"So I've been thinking lately about what we should do for your birthday." Nick said as we waited for the teacher of our first class to arrive.

"I don't want to do anything big." I said quickly. "It’s just a birthday."

"Yes but its your sixteenth birthday isn't it supposed to be like every girls dream?"

"Most girls." I said with a shrug. "Not mine."

"OK. Nothing big. Can we at least have a dinner?" Nick asked using a smile to break me.

"Fine but not-"

"A big one got it." Nick said leaning in to kiss my cheek. "Whatever you say my love."

I spent the rest of the school day ignoring the stares and whispers and just focused on my work and Nick. I wasn't going to let this situation bring me down.

"Hey Joe wants to know if we'll go on a double date with him." Nick whispered as he passed me his test to correct. "Want to?"

"Sure." I answered. "I'd love to."

The final bell rang and school was over. Nick and I walked out into the cold autumn air and found Denise waiting for us in the family car.

"Hello, how was school?" She asked us as we climbed into the back of the car.

"It was alright." Nick answered. "Could have been a little better."

"I'm sorry. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad." She said sweetly.

Joe opened the passenger door and slammed it shut. He was breathing heavily and ignored his mom's questions.

"Joe what's wrong?" She asked for the second time.

"Just start driving." He said quietly.

I glanced at Nick and saw that he was concerned about Joe too. We made the finale stop at Kyrsten and Frankie's school then drove home. Joe still wouldn't talk and he looked like he was going to lash out at any second.

"What's wrong with him?" Frankie asked Nick as we watched Joe run into the house.

"No clue." Nick said sighing.

Nick and I went to our room passing Joe's where we could hear any angry sounding guitar rift.

"We should talk to him." I said.

"Yeah your right." Nick knocked on the door.

The guitar stopped for a moment then started up again.

"Joe its Nick and Bobbi can we come in?"

"No." Joe yelled over the guitar.

Nick knocked again and when Joe didn't answer he continued to do it. Joe opened the door looking very annoyed.

"What do you want?" He asked glaring at Nick.

"We want to talk." I said pushing past Nick and Joe to enter the room.

I had never been in Joe's room and it was everything I had expected. Posters lined every inch of the wall, clothes covered the floor, and a keyboard in the corner held a pile of garbage.

"Wow Joe." Nick mumbled as he stepped over Joe's clothes. "Ever heard of cleaning?"

"Sorry Nick. Not everyone is OCD about cleaning." Joe said as he sat down on his unmade bed.

"OK that's not what we came here to talk about." I said cutting off what ever rebuttal Nick was about to say. "What happened today Joe?"

"You don't want to know." Joe said.

"Obviously we do want to know." Nick said rolling his eyes. "Come on what happened?"

Joe looked down at his hands which had curled into fists. "He was bragging about you."

"What?" I asked confused.

"That asshole was talking to his friends about how he slept with you that night. He said you were lying about what he did." Joe growled.

I took in a deep breath and glanced at Nick. He was looking at the wall next to us.

"It took all of my self control not to kick his ass right then and there." Joe continued. "He was fucking bragging!"

"Don't do anything, either of you; I don't want you guys in trouble." I said hiding my hurt. "It wouldn't solve anything."

"It would wipe that smirk off his fucking face." Joe said.

"Yeah but it wouldn't change what he did." I reasoned. "Just leave it alone right now."

It took everything in me not to cry in front of Joe and Nick I knew if I did that would fuel their want to hurt Alec. He deserved to be taught a lesson but not at the cost of the people I love getting hurt. Later that night while I laid next to Nick and listened to his soft breathing I allowed myself to cry silently, and let all the pent up emotion release.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! : )
I hope you all like this one. Its a lot of dialog and not too much description I know but its a miracle I got this much out, I've been lacking inspiration.
Comment please!