‹ Prequel: Exposed In Lights

The Laws of Man and Nature

If I'd ever come back

The mysterious person behind me was not kidding around. A full balaclava and a gun, this man was dangerous. The danger was pouring against my neck, down the barrel of the gun forced upon it. I couldn’t move. I didn’t dare. One twitch of a finger and I’d be gone. The loud noise of metal banging together reached my ears, suddenly my hands were wrenched together and kept together by handcuffs. They were on very tight against my skin, it was painful.

The next thing to go on me was some duck tape. The man stuck it over my mouth then took away another one of my senses, sight. He wasn’t taking any risks. The only thing I had left was my hearing and smell. It was deathly frightening.

From the sound of tile hitting against tile to the sound of my own feet going down a set of stairs I had never even seen. My thoughts were consumed of my family, innocently waiting in the restaurant for me. How long would it be before Nick sent Big Rob to look for me? I hoped he would soon.

A quick kick to the back of my knees sent me flying to the hard concrete floor, we were outside, the cold in the air was a dead give away. But I could also smell petrol. It wasn’t clean, it was coming from an exhaust. They were taking me away. I was being kidnapped.

I tried to let out a scream when the man put his hands on me and threw me onto a wooden surface but I couldn’t. A set of doors slammed behind me and then I began my desperate attempt of getting some sort of relief. I scraped my face against the floor, hoping to push the tightly tied blindfold from my eyes, the attempt failed.

The van took off with me in the back, the roar of the vicious engine being the only sound that I could hear. There were splinters in the wooden deck that stuck into my skin, the pain was minimal. I could take much more and I had a feeling I would have to. I didn’t deal well with pain.

I wondered if Nick had realised yet. I wondered how long I’d be gone. If I’d ever come back. The thought of being unable to see my baby anymore was painful but thinking about never seeing Nick again was more painful.

When the car ground to a halt I thought I was imagining things, it felt like we had been driving for hours and hours. I think I fell asleep for a while too. The man dragged me from the car across some grass and then I heard a door slam. The man continued to throw me around and even threw me down a set of stairs which was painful. I think I cracked one of my ribs.

With one last toss I landed on hard, cold and dusty concrete. The blindfold was ripped from my eyes and the duck tape from my mouth. I took a few deep breaths looking at the floor. I was afraid to look up to meet my nightmares face. The balaclava lay on the ground beside me, even that disturbed me.

“Well son,” there was two of them? My head shot up and my mouth lay agape at the sight before me. “I didn’t think we’d actually get away with it.”

“Jake…” I whispered in shock. “Why did you bring me here?” I asked pulling my legs into my chest.

Jake’s face was slightly sweaty as well as his hair. His eyes were different, darker and more pained. He wore a grey vest and black sweats, he looked relaxed as if this wasn’t the first time he’d done this. Tears threatened to fall as I glared at the father-son duo that had taken me from my life.

Jake sent me a sly smirk. I cringe at the sight of it and tucked some hair behind my ear. “My reasoning is simple…” he started, “I could have had it all. I was on my way to fame. But you and your family whipped that from underneath me. You ruined my reputation.”

I groaned in pain as I received a kick to the stomach. I began to choke on air as my breath caught in my throat. My arms wrapped around my stomach, grasping it in the hope it would make the pain go away. It didn’t. The pain shot through my legs and up my arms forcing my body let out an involuntary shake.

“You’re going to be getting much worse than that, princess.” Jake’s father smiled deviously down at me. “Come on son. Let’s leave our guest to settle in.”

They both left, slamming the door then locking it from the outside.

The whole room was concrete, a small vent no bigger than my head at the top of the left hand side wall. No light came through it, I was in the dark but I could see a dirty toilet in the Northwest corner one thing seemed out of place and it worried me. A camera was above the toilet pointing at the rest of the room, but it didn’t seem to be on. I could see no red light.

I wondered why it was there. To film me? Sell it on the internet? Use it for ransom videos to prove that they had me? They must be after money, what other reason would there be reason to kidnap someone.

But I knew one thing, I wasn’t getting out of here soon.

So I rubbed my bare feet, they’d ripped my shoes off me before they threw me down the stairs. I had no weapon that way. The hairs on my arms rose up as the cold air in the room pricked at my skin. I wish I’d worn something warmer, a short jumpsuit wasn’t keeping me warm at all. The bumps spread from my arms to my legs and I shuddered.

In the hope to pass time I laid down on the floor, resting my head on my arm and fell to sleep with tears flowing down my cheeks. The thought of never seeing Lily or Nick again was painful, like a gaping hope had been cut from me. I felt empty and useless. Just laying there bored me to tears.

I’d lost track of time but a swift kick to the stomach woke me up. The kick was straight onto the old bruises making the blow more painful. Jake stood there in a new outfit, shorts and a plain black t-shirt. He smiled at me evilly then walked over to the corner of the room to the camera, he pulled a remote from his pocket and suddenly a seemingly bright red light shone on the front of it, flashing. It hit me right there and then that the camera was a live feed. It was going somewhere.

“Where is the streaming going?” I asked breathlessly from my spot on the floor. I’d grown used to the cold now, sleeping on it had helped me adjust.

Jake just smiled at his father who joined me in the room, a gun in hand. My eyes widened, I couldn’t remove them from the gun. “Well, we figured the only way you’re going to be more humiliated is if we show your searchers. That’s going to the LAPD.”

The LAPD, they are so moronic. Even if they kill me then the police will find them and prosecute them, they’re giving the video evidence. The pair was so determined to make me unhappy they were risking being caught.

I took a deep breath and built up some courage. With a great shove I pushed myself up from the depressing floor and faced them. “You can take me away from my life but you will never take away my dignity.” I snarled.

Suddenly a gun was being pressed to my forehead but I kept up my charade. They wouldn’t kill me, they weren’t done with me yet. “Oh really?” Jake smirked.

His father grabbed my arms rendering me useless again. I got thrown to the floor where I thrashed about and screamed. Jake pulled off my clothing with a slight bit of difficulty. “Get off me!” I screamed loudly moving my hips and kicking my legs.

A quick blow of his hand across my face left a stinging feeling in its path. “Shut the fuck up! I’m tired of your bullshit.”

His hands grabbed my thighs tightly and forced my legs apart. Tears streamed down my face at the thought of what was coming next.

Nick…

Nick Jonas was beside himself. He didn’t know what was up or down anymore. From the moment the case had been declared as an urgent kidnapping and not a missing person he was panicking twenty-four-seven. Nick never left the Los Angeles missing person building. A whole floor had been over taken with top intelligence working day and night to figure out where Julia Jonas had gone, they couldn’t think of anything.

From the second Big Rob had told Nick she wasn’t in the bathroom anymore he knew something was wrong. Police searched the whole of New York; every police station was on red alert. This wasn’t just a missing person, this was Julia Jonas; daughter of David Beckham, wife of Nick Jonas. It was obvious where the money was flooding from to keep this investigation running non-stop. Celebrities.

They were all beside themselves, stepping up security and worrying about where the friend to everyone had been taken to. The majority of the world was angry, this should never have happened. The angriest being Nick.

Nick had run over everything in his mind. All the things he could have done differently, all the moments that he’d ranted at her, he regretted everything. He felt awful for neglecting his daughter who stayed with the Grandparents for the time being, he couldn’t leave and he wouldn’t.

But it wasn’t over. It wouldn’t be until she was in his arms. He’d never let her go, it wouldn’t be an option anymore. The tour had been cancelled, his fans understood, but he didn’t. He didn’t understand anything. Whenever there would be a new lead in the case it would be a dead end.

Then, two days after her disappearance something was streamed to the chief detective’s computer; a live camera feed.

This kicked up a whole load of fuss in the offices. The kidnapping of Julia became a whole new case. They hadn’t allowed Nick in the room so he barged through himself. If she was visible, he needed to see.

And she was. He watched the screen in fear, there was no sound but he was frightened enough by the moving image of her. She stood, firm and brave in front of the suspected kidnappers with a scowl on her face. She seemed to be shouting at them. Nick gasped and let out a cry as a gun was pressed to her forehead.

“No!” He yelled out moving closer to the screen. Despite his obvious panic she didn’t even flinch.

Nick watched in horror as she struggled against the grown men who were man-handling her. The tears fell down his tired face as they carelessly threw her to concrete floor and pinned her down.

His voice broke as he whispered to the screen, a false hope she could hear him. “Fight them off, Jools.” The scared eyes couldn’t tear from the screen as he watched the love of his life struggle beneath the arms of two beasts. Nick could see she was trying her hardest, but she was weak and thin. But she put up a hell of a fight. “No.” He barely whispered.

The disgusting creatures took turns in raping her. It was the single most painful thing that had ever occurred to Nick Jonas. It made him more determined to find her, he was positive that he couldn’t and wouldn’t endure that again. He cried with his love as she laid on the floor, naked and defeated, Nick sat in the office crying while staring at her green figure on the screen in front of him.

She didn’t move for several hours and in turn neither did Nick. But he knew when it neared five o’clock his brother would be coming to take him out of the police station. The anxious churning in his gut remained as the clock ticked, he was always worried about leaving in case something happened but he wanted to see his baby.

A finger tapped Nick on the shoulder. Startled he spun around quickly and defensively only to find it was Joe carrying Lily. Lily smiled brightly at her Daddy and reached for him. Nick pulled her into his grasp and gave her the tightest hug he could without hurting her. She let out a gurgle and put her small hands either side of Nick’s face.

“Hey baby.” Nick cooed with a genuine smile, “Have you been a good girl for Uncle Joe?”

Joe answered for her, “She’s been perfect, missed you though.”

Nick smiled at Joe then looked back to his happy daughter, he couldn’t help but feel more hopeful about the sad situation he was in. The look on her innocent face was undeniable. The strength that Nick felt with her in his arms kept him going.

So, with his daughter in his arms he pulled on a jacket, pushed some large black aviators over his tired eyes and prepared himself for the mass of photographers outside. They never left the station, always hoping a ‘statement’ would be released. It was obvious they would be waiting a while, the detectives were getting nowhere.

Joe put a reassuring hand on his brothers’ shoulder. “I’ll not leave this room, my phone is fully charged and so is yours. I’ll call you if there’s a change.”

Nick nodded to his brother not wanting to be ignorant. Joe kissed Lily’s forehead and then his brothers. Just like in the past, his rested his forehead against his firmly and held his face. “Thanks.” Nick whispered to him with a small, put on smile.

But Joe accepted it. It was more than anyone other than Lily got. Joe took his seat at the computer screen in front of him and watched for any signs of movement out of a seemingly sleeping Julia. He messed about with the zoom, checking every now and then she was breathing. But, boredom got the better of him and he began drawing on a pad of plain paper left of the chief detectives desk.

Nothing happened for over an hour, but as Joe spun around in the computer chair his eyes caught the screen. And what he saw shocked him.

Another girl had been thrown in with Julia.

Frantically Joe hit the buzzer on the table until five men all came running in at once. They rolled Joe and his chair out the way of the desk and immediately started babbling on to each other in a fashion Joe couldn’t understand. Joe reached into his pocket, pulled out his phone and dialled Nick’s number.

“What’s going on Joe?” Nick asked desperately.

“There’s another girl in with her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, this took me a while to write. I hope it didn't bore you, that was my thought when I as writing it, I didn't want it to be boring hence why I went to young Nick.

Another reason is GCSEs, I have my first on Friday; Drama. I'm shitting myself. :D

So please, leave me a comment. 10+ before I post the next chapter. Though there will be a quick interlude from Perez after this chapter. :)