Do You Know Your Enemy?

Chapter two

So this is life, I looked down at my new name tag I was given, as I stacked some
boxes of hair dye on the bottom shelves.

I hope I get paid alot.

"Greetings." A body of what I presume a male said to me knelt down and helped
stack the boxes with me. I dared to look at his face.

I twitched, shouldn't have done that.

I stared straight back at the boxes and swallowed.

"Er, Hey." Great Jen, first day and already accepted in with the geek crowd.

"Im Tre, people call me Mr. Cool though." He snorted out a laugh. I looked at him and tried to make a smile.

"Do you get it?" He looked at me and readjusted his bow tie, "Cause so cool." He chuckled.

..Maybe if I freeze in this position he'll think I'm a goldfish and give up.
No, I shouldn't. I sighed.

"Yes. I get it." I rolled my eyes.

"You'd be a perfect match for a friend of mine." He said rather forwardly as he fiddled with one of the boxes.

"Somehow I highly doubt that, infact Im pretty positive I wouldn't be." My nose turned up at the thought.

I was hoping to not be noticed, know you, the quite girl who no one ever saw..

Maybe I was just born to be miserable.

He tilted his head and scratched the back of his neck,

"What you a lesbian or something?" He wondered to himself, I presume imagining it, it brought a dirty look to his face.

My eyebrows shuffled down, "No, I just don't go for your..Types." I replied harshly.

"His names Billie, he works over there." He pointed his finger far to his left.

"With the CD's and shit"

"Good to know." I said sarcastically. Billie must be a nut case or something, properly a crack head, i'll make sure to stand clear of all the dodgie looking people here.

"Okay, but you don't know what your missing." He teased as he got up off his knees.

"Yeah properly getting raped by a 40 year old who lives with his mother." I said under my breath.

"PENUS!" He shouted loudly in my ear and ran off laughing. My eyes stared off after him a raised my eyebrow.

"DICKHEAD!" I shouted.

A little girl came down the aisle with a lollipop and stared at me blankly.

"Shit, Im so fucking sorry. Bloody hell, you didn't hear that okay?" I smile innocently and got back to stacking.

*****

Finally, my 15 minute lunch break and I intended to use every second of it.

Nothing more embarrassing than sorting out which tampons should be displayed where.

I'd forgotten to pack my lunch and I was starving, not to mention lacking a serious coffee intake.

I decided to ignore my stomach and just head to the coffee lounge instead.

A opened the door to see Tre and I presume a friend of his in a far corner, boiling some water up in the kettle.

How did I even remember his name any way? I never remember names.

'Oh God.' I whined, little tingles creep up my spine, I found him utterly repulsive.

It wasn't that he was ugly or anything, he looked pretty decent. It was just that, well.. He was freak, and my Mum brought me up better than to associate with those kinda people.

I dared to walk over to where he was to full a shitty looking plastic water cup with the cheapest brand of hot coffee.

"Im Mike." He waved with half a smile.'Thank God it wasn't Billie, I gave a little sigh in relieve and half smiled back.

"You know.. That'll stunt your growth." He said rather blankly, as he gulped his cup down like there was no tomorrow. I was surprised that he didn't even get his tongue burnt.

"My doctor told me that this is my full height any way." I stated, pouring the coffee into my cup.

"Seriously?" Mike looked at me in disbelief.

Tre laughed obnoxiously, "So when you meant 'I'm not interested in your ..Types.'" He annoyingly tried to mimic my voice, failed may I add.

"You really meant you only score with midgets right?"

"I'm 5 foot!" I spawned my eyes at them. "Get a fricken life." I hissed and tried to walk away, but Tre bent down to his knees and held my hips so tight that I couldn't even move.

"Do you find me sexually attractive in any way now?" He raised his eyebrow, a huge dirty grin spread across his face.

"NO!" I screeched, dropping my cup of coffee on his shirt, the burn of the coffee stinking through his clothes made his fingers release me.
Mike just stood there, giggling like a little school girl.

"Don't you ever fucking hold me again!" I hissed and walked away to a couch in the middle of the room.

Tre remained on his knees, still having that look plastered on his face, even though his skin must've been burning.

"Does that mean you like it hot?" He teased, pulling kissy faces at me.

"Fucktard." I said under my breath.

'Just ignore them, they'll get used to you soon enough.' The little voice in my mind said trying to calm myself down. I stared at the floor, not letting my eyes escape the disgusting yellow-green color of the dusty looking carpet.

"You can't blame them, there just curious." An angelic sounding voice remarked softly.

My head stayed down, focused on the carpet.

"Why would they be curious? Am I really that short?" I groaned.

His feathery chuckle filled my face with a smile, I dared to look at his shoes. Black tattered chuck tailors, just the same as mine, yet his looked even more worn, I didn't even think that were possible.

"Not at all." He sang out of words with such beauty.

"Forgive them, we never see a young girl, as stunning as you are, even enter a shop like this.." He exclaimed, sitting next to me.

I blushed and bit my lip, I ventured to look at his face, my head lifted and I saw heaven for the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
^_^ Comments please

Thanks guys so much for reading.
xx