Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses

Piece by Piece

"G-gee?" Shy said meekly.

The young man sat slouched on the wall, with his legs spread out and left hand cross his chest, covered in blood. He wore a pair of worn out black jeans, a black polo shirt and a black withered jacket over it. He looked straight into her eyes and gave a faint smile as if to say, yes.

"S-shy" he choked letting out a whine with an agonizing expression painted across his face. She knelt there wide eyed and heartbroken, she couldn't move even thought she wanted to. Shy wanted a lot of things and Gerard was one of them.

Shayne was, shy. She never expressed feeling toward anyone, in fear that if she would get emotionally attached, she would get hurt. But it was so hard for her not to have feelings for Gerard. She loved him as a friend and wished they would be more than just what they are, and of course gerard knew nothing about it, nor did he have a clue. Gerard thought of Shy as one of the guys, so things were pretty fucked for her.

"Gee a-are y-you..?" she stuttered not knowing what to say, she extend out her hand and move closer to him teary eyed. Things appeared to stop and she took his right hand in hers. Gerard appeared to be surprised to see her cry, for this was his first experience.

Tears were now uncontrollable and seemed to stream down her face as she felt his cold calmly hand squeeze hers. She melted in his touch and had the feeling that it was going to be her last. She rubbed his knuckles with her thumb before rubbing his hand along her cheek.

"I-I thought y-you w-were d-dead" she said wiping her eyes. He looked drained and in pain but he managed to keep a smile and replied, "no..". she knelt there shaking in fear, but even if she could scream for help, no one would come, she had a feeling they were the last.

The school day had started normal for both Gerard and Shayne. Good mornings we're exchange by the both of them, classes we're the same old boring, and they both skipped 5th period together as usual. But at the 6th period in music class, screams and gun shoots were heard from the chemistry labs.

Students came rushing down the halls in their numbers, papers, bags and books flew everywhere. The music students ran to the door to see what was happening and began to panic. 26 of them including gerard who was caught in the crowd ran into the corridor to join the rest, which were trying to run out into the school compound.

Gerard waved like a mad man to get out of the crowd but failed to. Shayne ran to the door after the music students, but gerard was far gone by then. Shy began to panic herself as the gunshots became louder and more frequent. The doors to front of the school seemed to be locked from the outside and the students began to pile up on each other.

Piercing screams filled the air as 5 masked men turned the corner, and in the turning motion lifting their arms and held on the ignition. Loud rounds fill the air along with blood platter and fresh dead bodies lay out on the school's tilted floors.

It seemed to be an execution. Shy screamed Gerard's name but was over shadowed by others.


Gerard and Shy had a quiet understanding of the situation and both held hands in silence.

Shayne almost forgot about the high jacker and heard the clinking of the gun mental on the window. She looked up at the high jacker with wide eyed eyes to see him staring expressionlessly.

She looked away not having a choice, she knew it won't be long before the high jacker takes her away. Shy leant forward and planted a gentle, yet meanful kiss on gerard's cheek before holding him in her arms. Gerard bared a surprised expression as she pulled away.

Shy held his face in her hands and looked into his eyes. If this was the last time she would see him, she was gonna remember it. She stared into his over glossed hazel eyes, but before she had a chance to kiss him again she was heaved back by her hair.

Shy flew backward landing harshly on her back. She didn't know what was happening as this all occurred in less than a second. She screamed at the pain of being dragged by her hair. Tube lights from the corridor flashed passed her as the high jacker drew her along the floor.

Shayne struggled under his grip but he was too strong for her. She cried and screamed both for help and from the pain it produced. Gerard sat there weakly and in pain, he extend his hand out to grab her as she was pulled back, but instead missed and sent electrifying pain through his sides.

Gerard, with his left hand covering his wound, tears in his eyes, he watched as Shayne was dragged by her hair. "Leave her alone!" Gerard protested at the top of his voice before cradling his shoulder as he slowly stood up.