‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

Revenge

Image
Larry and his men led us down the first floor hallway of the hotel. Edward stayed close to my left side as Cassidy was close to my right. Larry was right behind me. I felt something hard and metal pushed against my back. He had his gun to my back again.

We were ushered down all the way down the hall to the stairs. Larry moved in front of me and pushed open the door.

"I'm capable of opening a door," I said.

He frowned. "Like I care."

He walked through the door and I was pushed in after him by one of Peter's men. The others followed behind me. I followed Larry as he moved towards the door that led to the basement. He pushed it open and held it open for me. I walked through and he didn't follow right behind me.

The others followed me as I went down several stairs and stepped off onto the cool basement floor. The air down here was almost cold. It was cool and dropping degrees to freezing. I wondered why it was so cold, even for a basement.

Larry came from behind the crowd and came in front of me.

"Follow me," he grunted.

I did as he told and we walked around boxes of equipment and old furniture. Larry stopped when we came around a corner to an empty room in the basement. He held his gun at his side ready to fire it. It wasn't pointed at me. Larry was facing someone else.

I anxiously walked in front of Larry and stood there staring at Peter. I clenched my teeth together.

Riley and the other hostages were sitting in chairs attached to some toxic freezing chemical valve. Each of them had blue skin and ice was beginning to form on their bodies. From the looks of it they were all unconscious.

I looked at Bria and Ann who were both sitting next to each other. They wouldn't be able to survive from the temperature. I looked at Hunter and at my dad who were sitting next to each other. My father may not survive because he just got out of a coma.

My eyes fell on Riley. Peter was standing right next to Riley with a smile on his face. Riley wasn't unconscious. I saw his eyes move up to look into mine. He tried to move his lips but couldn't. I felt a shiver go down my spine. I didn't know if it was from the cold air that came from the chemicals or if it was from the sight of my lover and husband desperately trying to survive.

My body twitched as I struggled to keep myself from running over to Riley and trying to save him even though I knew I couldn't.

I loosened my clenched teeth and took a deep breath. Edward came up next to me and grabbed my arm trying to keep me standing.

Edward and I both looked at Riley's once brown eyes but were now almost blue. Riley shivered uncontrollably from the poison entering his body.

Tears started welling in my eyes. I clenched my teeth back together and looked at Peter and then back at Riley.

Alyssa, I heard someone say quietly. Then I looked into Riley's cold blue eyes and realized he still had powers and he was talking to me through my mind.

"Riley," I whispered. I knew he heard because he closed his eyes and continued shivering.

"He's a masterpiece, isn't he?" Peter said smirking.

I ground my teeth together and looked at Peter. My body twitched more and I tried to lunge at Peter. Edward pulled me back from the hold on my arm.

Not here, Alyssa, Riley's voice said. I glanced at him.

His eyes were still cold. He was still shivering. His hair was icey blue and covered in frost. His skin was white and it looked like stone.

"What do you want?" I said to Peter through my teeth. Edward kept his grasp on me.

"Oh, I think you know," he said.

I felt Cassidy push past me. She took one look at Hunter and our dad and jerked back while covering her mouth from gasping. I looked over my shoulder and watched Tobey enfold her into his body. She was sobbing into his chest. I looked at Sam and assumed he already saw Bria because tears were swelling in his eyes.

I quickly looked back at Peter. "Do you want me dead? Is that it?" I yelled at him.

He laughed. "I do, but I have a special way of doing it." I didn't bother to aske what it was. He laughed again. "I want to do it by torchering your little human heart."

"You've done enough damage to me already!" I yelled. Edward jerked me back.

Peter smiled and looked over at Riley's frozen firgure. "Why don't you ask him what I want to do?"

Riley opened his eyes and looked at me and then at Peter. "Go...to hell," Riley forced out of his lungs.

Peter shrugged. "It's guarenteed I am going there anyways. The devil and I already made the agreement." Peter began laughing at his own joke.

Riley's blue eyes looked at me. I looked into them deeply with my tear covered eyes.

Alyssa, just listen to him. Do what he says. He doesn't want to fight you here. Wait for Eve, Meredith, Justin, and Jack. Just wait. Riley's voice said.

I nodded. Riley's eyes pleaded for me to be careful. He sighed in defeat of energy and dropped his head while closing his eyes.

Riley? I thought trying to see if he was still conscious. He didn't answer. Riley? I thought again. He still didn't answer.

The tears that were swelling in my eyes began to pour out. I took a deep breath and sighed. My tear covered eyes looked at Peter.

"Where?" I asked.

Peter smiled. "Tomorrow. There's a large empty lot two blocks away. When the sun begins to set. Have your human genius help you get there."

I sighed. My "human genius" he was referring to was obviously Jack. I sniffled and then stared at Peter with my teeth clenched.

Peter continued. "If you want your friends and family to survive, along with your self, I recommend you surrender now. Otherwise you'll have no chance."

Edward pulled me back as I tried to lunge at him again. I settled down and looked at Peter.

"Never."

Peter shrugged. "Very well then."

Larry and Peter's other men moved from behind us and walked over to Peter. One man came very close to me and I kicked him in the shin. He looked at me.

"Fuck you."

I pulled myself back from punching him in the face. I knew it would hurt me more than him.

They all moved around Peter and touched his back. Their other hand touched one of Peter's hostages. This told me that they were going to teleport with my power that Peter took from me.

I glared at Peter. "You're going to die tomorrow when the sun begins to set."

Peter shrugged. "I like a challenge."

And with that he quickly closed his eyes and every single one of them disappeared. Edward let go of me and I collapsed on the cold basement floor crying.

Edward walked over to me and bent over me. He rubbed my back as I hunched over trying to cover my face. Edward's voice came into my ear.

"Come on. Lets go back to the room so you don't freeze."

I looked back up at him and tried to stop the tears. "Do we even have a chance?"

Edward nodded. "I believe there is a chance as long as we stay together."

I nodded thoughtfully and wiped my eyes. I stood up slowly and looked at Edward as he stood up too.

"I should have shot him right there," I said.

He shook his head. "He wouldn't have died. We need Justin."

I nodded. "Then we need to get him here now."

Edward nodded. I looked at Tobey who was still holding Cassidy. He nodded as if answering the question I was going to ask. I wanted to ask him if he was okay holding my sister for a while until she settled down. I guess so.

I turned around and faced the bare wall where Peter was less than a minute ago. Peter was going to get it. And he was going to get it hard.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. I flipped it open and dialed Meredith's/Brittany's number. I pressed the phone to my ear and let it ring two times.

"Alyssa?"Brittany asked worriedly.

"Yeah."

"Thank God." She sighed.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"We're in the airport. I was worried sick because you didn't call when Eve got back here. We've been waiting for you to call to tell us when to come to Los Angeles."

I nodded thoughtfully. "I'm sorry. But anyways, there's no time for you to take a plane. You need to have Eve teleport you right now."

"But what about-"

"Tell Justin to focus on stopping only your power."

I heard Brittany move the phone from her ear and tell Justin what I told him to do. I heard Brittany then start to argue with Eve.

"Give me it!" Eve shouted.

"Fine," Brittany said.

"Hello?" Eve said into the phone.

"Hello," I said wondering what just happened.

"Where are you exactly?"

"I'm inside the Fredericksburg Casino's basement."

"Why are you in a casino's basement?"

I shook my head. "It's a long story."

"Okay, fine. Give me two seconds. I'll hang up and be there in a second."

"Okay," I said.

She ended the call. I folded my phone and placed it back in my pocket. I waited exactly two seconds and all of the sudden Eve, Justin, and Brittany appeared in front of me.

I looked at Eve. She opened her eyes. Justin and Brittany let go of her arms. All three of them looked at me and then at Cassidy.

Eve looked at me. "Would you please like to explain what happened now?"

I looked back at Tobey. "Could you please, Tobey?"

He nodded and released his hold on Cassidy. Casidy sniffed and wiped her eyes from tears. Tobey looked at her and muttered something to her. She nodded. Tobey then moved around me and over to Eve, Justin, and Brittany.

"Come on," I said walking over to Cassidy. "Lets all go up to the room."

Edward came up behind me. "It's actually called a suite."

I rolled my eyes. "Does it really matter?"

Edward shrugged.

We all walked up to the suite on the stairs with me leading all of them. I think everyone was a little depressed from what just happened. The feeling I felt wasn't depression. It was more of what I would like to call revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleeeeease comment, subscribe, and share! Thank you all so much!