‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

Stranger Danger

Image
My mind started working and all I could see was black. My eyes wouldn't open, so I took a moment to remember what had happened.

Peter was here, at my house. At least I thought here was my house. I wasn't quite so sure I was still in my home. Peter had explained to me that he had taken Riley and Ann somewhere along with someone else. He said I wouldn't believe who it was. Who could it possibly have been? Where could they be? Peter said he told me where they were. How could that have been? He was so mysterious.

My body started to function again and I could feel the pain shooting through my nose. The rest of me felt extremely weak. Of course it would, since Peter took my powers. I didn't want the picture of Riley beaten and bloody and useless somewhere with Peter.

I realized that my back wasn't against a hard surface like my floor. It was cushioned and soft. I forced my eyes opened and blinked slowly a couple times. I looked up at my ceiling. I was still in my house. I tried to lift my head up and moaned at how weak I really felt. My vision blurred for a second and then I focused on everything around me.

My ears perked when I heard running water from my kitchen. My senses weren't nearly as alert as before, but I knew that was running water.

I lifted the rest of myself up and off of the couch. It took me a second to stand up off of the couch. My vision kept blurring and it eventually stayed focused. I stood up and cautiously walked around the couch and against the wall that led from my living room to the kitchen. My feet moved heavily under me. I walked next to the wall and came next to the doorway that opened into my kitchen. I peered around the corner and saw someone with pitch black hair bent over at my sink. I gasped and slipped back around the corner.

My feet shuffled underneath me moving towards the small table that held a gun inside. I got to it quickly without my powers. I carefully opened the drawer and pulled out the shiny pistol. I quickly loaded it with the silver bullet and clicked it closed. I didn't bother to close the drawer. I moved quickly back to the wall with the gun and peered around the corner at the man who was still over my sink. I lifted the gun and walked into full view of him.

"Lift your hands up where I can see them!" I yelled at him.

The man gave a little laugh and grabbed the towel that was next to the sink. The laugh was familiar. He shut the water off and began wiping his wet hands with the towel. I realized that his hand was covered in red blood. I looked at him as he slowly backed up from the sink and turned to me. I looked directly into the familiar almost pitch black eyes. He smiled at me.

"That's the most pathetic quote to say when you are the Alpha," he said.

I almost dropped the gun. It shook in my hands. "How?" I asked shocked with terror.

"Apparently death cannot overtake someone like me," he said smiling.

Edward looked strong and weak at the same time. How was it even possible for him to be alive. I've killed him twice already. He ran one of his bloody hands through his pitch black hair. Some of the blood stayed on his head. His light blue shirt was rolled up at the sleeves and was too covered in blood. I opened my mouth to speak.

"I've killed you twice, Edward," I muttered his name.

He smiled. "There's a sentence that always gets to people. You know how I came back the first time, but why the second time? Right?" I just froze there with the gun pointed at him. "You shot the cell in my brain that held my powers, that was a success. I no longer have my powers. You didn't exactly kill me though. I'm slightly confused by it myself."

I sighed. "Why are you here?"

Edward smiled his toothy smile. "I just saved your ass. That's what I am doing here."

I frowned confused. I tried to remember what happened when I fell unconscious. I heard a crash. Was that him attacking Peter with no powers?

"Did you attack him?" I asked.

Edward nodded with half a grin. "I had to save you. You're the only one I can turn to now. After all, you are my sister-in-law."

I frowned and slowly lowered the gun. Edward watched my expression on my face. Not once did he look at the gun.

"Why am I the only one that you can turn to. After all, I am as useless as you," I said.

Edward smiled and wiped his hands with the towel again. I looked down at his bloody knuckles. It wasn't a fair fight at all between him and Peter.

"Alyssa, you and I have the wits to beat him. Plus, I do believe you have some friends that can still help us. I also think that you and I are going after the same thing here." Edward said.

I creased my forehead. "The only thing I am going after is my husband and my friend."

Edward smiled. "Don't forget your father and brother."

I frowned. So that's what he meant by someone else I wouldn't expect.

"I know what you're thinking," Edward said, "my fathers dead!" He said in an annoying girly falsetto voice trying to mock me. "I just saw my brother yesterday!"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Immature," I muttered.

He frowned this time. "Your father didn't die. He was sent into a coma by Riley. He got out of the coma last week and that's when Peter captured him. Your father loves you now, Alyssa. He's realized that he's proud of you and that he wants to be like you even though he knows that won't happen. Give your old man a chance. He wants that chance to be a father again." I felt the weight of the gun in my hand. "As for your brother, Peter took him just after you saw Hunter yesterday."

Hunter did visit yesterday morning by himself. We didn't talk about much. That would be my last memory unless I saved him.

Edward continued. "I was coming here anyway and I saw Peter's car in the drive. I barged into your house right after he mashed your nose in. He ran away with a smirk on his face knowing I couldn't beat him. That's when I picked you up and set you on the couch. I also took into consideration by wiping your bloody face off. Your nose still is broken though."

I lifted my free hand up to my nose. It still did hurt. I looked at Edward and threw the gun at him. He caught it reflexively even without his powers. I lifted both of my hands to my nose and I quickly snapped my nose back into place. Edward cringed. A shot of pain went into my forehead. I ignored it. Blood began coming out of it and dripping down my lips. Edward looked at me and threw me the towel. I caught it and dabbed my nose holding the towel to my face.

Edward moved towards the kitchen table and pulled out a chair. "Why don't you sit down?" I flinched at his politeness and slowly moved over to the chair and sat down. He sat on the opposite chair which was across from the one Riley sat in. I looked at the way he sat and he sat the same way Riley sat. Legs open and leaned over towards me. Edward looked at my nose.

"You're a brave little woman," he said.

I gave a small chuckle. "Well, I'm not little really, but thanks." I said stuffy.

He shrugged. "Well, my view of you has changed. I find you more interesting and likable. Also tolerant."

I smiled. I pressed the towel to my nose. I looked down at Edward's shirt. "You can change that if you like." Edward looked down at himself. "There's clothes in his closet and I think there is benatracin in the hallway closet."

He laughed. "What are you, the regenerating girl, doing with medical equipment?"

"For occasions like this. You never know what might happen," I said.

Edward smiled his beautiful smile that was just like Riley's. "Well," he said getting up, "I guess I'll go scrounge through my brother's clothing. Don't worry, I won't look through your underpants."

I smiled. "Who calls them underpants anymore?"

He sighed. "Does it matter? Underpants, underwear, undies, jockeys, panties, skivvies, underthings." He smiled. "Keep that nose clean," he said before he gracefully walked out of the kitchen and down the hall.

I smiled. Edward really did seem like he had changed. I couldn't make any assumptions considering I made the same mistake with Peter. But this made sense. Even though he didn't exactly tell me what we were both going after during this. I was certain of several things though. We both were once special people and were stripped of our powers, we were now marriage related, and we both obviously had mixed feelings about each other. After all, I had just pulled a gun on him and offered him clothes and medical care. I myself never imagined doing that for my once enemy that I had already killed twice. I would just have to wait and see if this new Edward was real.

My hand that was on the towel pushed up against my nose. I gave a quick blow through my nose and I could feel the strands of thick blood pour out onto the towel. I sighed and removed the towel from my nose. I looked at all of the blood that was on it. It was odd looking at my blood. I hadn't bled continuously for almost a year. Having powers and then losing them made me realize how special I truly was. Thinking about being the Alpha made me remember how important I was to other people of my kind.

I thought of my brother, my dad, Ann, and especially of Riley. All of them needed me right now. It killed me knowing I couldn't do much on my own. I would need Edward. He seemed to know more about Peter's plans than I did. It would also be helpful if I had Cassidy, Sam, and maybe even my old friends Tobey, Eve, and Meredith. I didn't know if I would be able to contact Jack, but Sam may be able to get his location with his power. This was going to turn into exactly what Peter wanted. War. War between good and evil. But what was good and what was evil. I clearly wasn't a normal human. But actually, I was now. As was Edward. That was going to be the difficult part. I would have to rely on my allies. My friends and my family. This was now war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe, and pass along!