Wilderness Boarding School - For Troubled Teens

Promised Hearts

Billie Joe’s P.O.V:

Oh my god! Gerard is so fucking hot! I was still drooling as I got changed. I can’t believe that he’s so uncomfortable with himself. To me, he’s perfect. No guy could look cuter then him. No guy. I sighed as I finished changing. Why did I have to remember and think this now!? I love Gerard now. No one else. “I love Gee,” I whispered to myself. “And only him.” From the corner of my eye, I saw my notebook. Fuck. I slowly walked over to it and lightly picked it up as I approached it, unsure as to whether I should or not. I hadn’t written in it for a while. In fact, since I met Gerard, I’d completely forgotten about it. I’d forgotten everything. Cautiously, I opened it up to a random page. “Only Of You” was written at the top of the page with a song neatly written below it. It was one of the first songs I’d ever written. My eyes began to fill up with tears. I miss Adrienne…

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I finished getting changed ages ago and found myself too scared to go out and face Billie. Why was I even scared? Maybe I was just nervous of what he was going to say about me. I gathered my courage and left the bathroom, not wanting to seem suspicious. As soon as I walked out, I was confused. Billie was on his knees with his head in his hands sobbing and a small black notebook open in front of him. “Hey,” I said softly. I walked over to Billie and placed a hand on his back. “Don’t cry Billie. Please. You’re making me upset.” Seeing Billie like that was bringing tears to my own eyes. “What’s wrong?”
“I-I’m okay. It’s n-nothing,” he mumbled between sobs.
“Don’t bullshit me Billie,” I said. I got on my knees and sat in front of him. I grabbed his hands and pulled then away from his beautiful face, holding them tight in mine. He lifted his head, revealing his saddened hazel eyes. “Now what’s wrong?” I asked again.
“Gerard,” he started, before breaking down in tears. I lightly squeezed his hands letting him know I was there for him. “I…I’ve fucked everything up! I’m an idiot Gee!” He cried again.
“What? How? You were fine ten minutes ago,” I said.
“I remembered…something. Gerard, I’m so sorry!” he cried.
“What did you remember that’s so bad?” I asked. Billie took his hands from mine and wiped his face with his sleeve, more tears falling instantly.
“I…I promised someone something Gee,” he said. “I promised Adrienne my heart when I get outta here,” he whispered. What!? Adrienne!? I remember back to my first day here. I was looking through his notebooks and her name kept appearing everywhere. Was she his girlfriend? I felt my heart sink.
“Do…do you have a girlfriend?” I asked in disbelief. He seemed so perfect…Of course he’s taken already. Gerard, you idiot.
“No…Not exactly. Adrienne…” He stopped to think. “Adrienne and I really liked each other. But then I was forced to come here. So…I promised her that when I turned 18 and got outta here, I’d find her and we could be together.” He sighed. “But that was a year ago now. I call her every now and then, but she lives ages away and never visits. And…and now I’ve met you.”
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked sourly. I couldn’t help it. I loved Billie and here he is telling me about another lover.
“Hey,” he said softly. He looked hurt. “Don’t be mad at me Gee. When you entered my world, I forgot about her.”
“How do you forget about the person you promise your heart to?” I asked, my voice still sour.
“Well at least I try to forget about others! You’re the one that likes me and still constantly cries over this Mikey guy!” he yelled. More tears flowed down his face.
“Fuck you!” I yelled. He’d struck a nerve. “I’ve told you that Mikey and I can’t be together, so you have nothing to worry about! If we could be together, then I wouldn’t be here with you!” Billie glared at me.
“And yet here you are acting like I’m the one in the wrong, despite the fact that you love another too,” he said through gritted teeth. He got up and left out dorm, slamming the door behind him. As soon as the door closed, I broke down into a fit of loud sobs and wild tears. It wasn’t the same with Mikey and I. He didn’t understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I'll try to update again real soon :)