And It Rained All Night

05

So who was Gerard? If we were both local, why hadn’t we seen each other? Why did he even bother talking to me?
Thoughts rushed through my head as I crawled into the sheets of my warm bed. The truth was, I hadn’t stop thinking about him since I said goodbye. Not in a romantic way – I didn’t believe in love at first site. I was just simply curious as to who this mysterious boy was.

**

A week later…

I sat up instantly when the sound of rain filled my room. I glanced at the clock sitting in the middle of my bed-side table.
It was 11:11pm.
My fingers crossed and I made a wish.

After a minute passed, I climbed out of bed and looked in the mirror. It was dark, so I could only see my silhouette. Deciding that I didn’t want to take the risk of sporting a bed-head, I tied back my long, auburn hair and slipped on my grey cardigan.

The rain pounded harder, as did my heart, although I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I didn’t know for sure whether he’d been thinking the same as me for the past week.

**

I sat on the swing; fresh rain cleansing me. My clothes were now soaked, and stuck to my body, but it wasn’t bothering me. Although, there was one thing that was.

He wasn’t here.

For five minutes, I listened to my well-concealed iPod and didn’t move an inch. I was freezing, I was hungry, and I was tired. But I didn’t go home.

Because for some strange reason, I wanted to see this puzzling Gerard character again. I had been longing for him all week. I wouldn’t dare say there was a physical attraction – although I thought he was rather gorgeous – or that I had a ‘’thing’’, as my friends would say, for him. But there was something about him that fixated me. Captured my attention. Made me curious.

Frowning, I stood up. He wasn’t going to show. A flash of lightning appeared in the sky, and I closed my eyes. The rain hit my skin, and drenched into my clothes. Then thunder sounded, and shook the earth. Dogs began to bark, alarmed by what would have been the loudest clap of thunder all night. It sounded once more.

As did a faint, ghostly voice.

‘’Were you expecting me to show?’’

My eyes quickly opened, and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t speak.
The sound of his voice had paralyzed me.

‘’Are you going to reply?’’

I closed my eyes, tried to take a deep breathe, and finally moved. I turned around and faced him, his hazel eyes staring into me.

‘’N-n-no, I wasn’t expecting you to show…’’ I replied, breaking his gaze and staring at my feet.
‘’Then why are you here?’’ He questioned, putting his thumb under my chin and lifting my head.
This time I didn’t reply.

He chuckled, and looked away. Thunder roared, and I jumped at the sound.
‘’Which scared you more; my voice or the thunder?’’ Gerard asked.
‘’Why are you asking all these questions?’’ I retorted, half-frowning, half-smirking.
‘’That’s a good question…’’ He mumbled.
‘’Your voice,’’ I said.

A small, crooked smile appeared on his face, and I couldn’t help but grin back.
‘’It was good to hear it,’’ I muttered under my breath, sitting down on the swing for the second time.
‘’What was that?’’ Gerard asked, raising an eyebrow.
‘’Nothing.’’

And all anger that vacated my veins disappeared. I had no reason to be angry at Gerard in the first place. It wasn’t as if we’d organized to meet up here, and he didn’t know I was here to see him – I didn’t think he did, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = love (:
thank you for reading.

also, i changed the storyline slightly - gerard doesn't live on the same street as chelsea.