Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part eleven Kids Convention

“You know you, look really familiar,” Tori said.

“I know, I was thinking the same thing.”

“So... Tristan do you mind if Tori stays with us,” Kris asked, breaking our stare down.

“Us?” I raised my eyebrow, smirking at him.

“I mean at your house,” Kris smiled and gave me puppy eyes.

“I’m just kidding, of course, Tori, you can hang with me!” I said hugging her.

“Yeah! Hey, you can call me TJ, all right?.”

“Okay TJ! Let’s go!” I grabbed her wrist and we slid off the ice together.

“Where are we going? Tristan?” Kristopher called from behind us.

“To introduce her to the guys! Duh!” I bust through the locker room doorm, forgetting to ask if it was okay to come in or not.

“Not decent!”

I shielded my eyes, along with TJ's as she giggled.

“Yeah? Well get decent! You got three seconds!” I shut the door.

“Are they always not decent?” she asked.

“Nope, normally if they want to change, they go to the showers,” I shook my head. “Jeez their annoying.”

“So who looks best with out their shirt off?”

I looked up and smirked wide.

"Come on Tristan, I know you think at least one of them is good looking," TJ nodged me. I gave in.

“Oh my god! They all are, but there are a few I have to keep myself from staring at to often!” I confessed.

“Oh, really do I look that good?”

I turned around, horrified. My mouth dropped.

“Move it Malkin.” I said, not really in the mood to play around with him.

“What if I don’t want to?”

Our faces were close to an inch apart by now.

He smirked, making my stomach jump. Do I have feelings for him?

I pushed past him.

“Hey now, not so quickly,” he said, grabbing my waist.

“Evgeni, please, just let me go.”

“Oh the princess says please.”

“You're really getting under my skin.”

“Thats what I do best,” he whispered into my ear, shivers ran down my back, all my hairs on my body stood up straight.

“Now, please let me go, and give me back what's mine. Oh Mighty Thief of Bracelets!” I cried, braking free and leading TJ into the locker room.

“Listen up!”

“MOMMY!!”

Don’t be Jordan, don’t be Jordan, don’t be-

“Jordan!”

The boy had picked me up and was holding me bridal style.

“Staalsy, what are you doing.”

“Taking you to the showers.”

“I don’t like where this is going...”

He turned around, staring down at the girl in front of him, who might have been laughing at my state.

“Who’s she?” he whispered, he was towering over TJ.

“Okay, you dweebs, this is Tori, but she likes to be called TJ. She’s Letang sister. Touch her and you're dead!” TJ laughed and waved at the boys.

“Yeah, touch her, and you’ll be messing with me!” Kris protectively put his arm around TJ.

“Hah, I think that Tristan is more intimidating than you will ever be Kris!”

Some of the guys started laughing.

“HEY-”

“Sweet, Hiya, I’m Jordan. I’ll be right back,” he laughed evilly carrying me into the showers.

“Jordan what are you doing?” I asked, scared out of my mind; I honestly didn't want to know.

“Nothing.”

“Righhhttt. So if it's nothing why are you carrying me into the showers?”

“No reason.”

“TRISTAN!”

Sidney came running at me, with boxers on and soap in his hands. If this were any other situation - I would be staring at Sidney’s nicely toned abbs - but since it wasn't, I was yelling at him.

"SIDNEY PATRICK CROSBY! Don’t you dare!”

“Already done!” Jordan cried handing me off to Sidney, who rubbed soap over my face. Jordan turned on the shower, while Sidney started signing, Singing In The Rain.

“Are you freaking serious?” I asked, letting the warm water hit my skin. It felt kind of relaxing. Until Sidney started spinning me.

“Sidney, you're going to slip and I’m going to die!” I cried.

“Calm it," he reassured me, bringing me out of the water. A towel was thrown at my face as Sidney walked into the locker room. The breeze hit my skin, and I started shivering. Sidney wrapped the towel around me.

“Thanks,” I smiled, suddenly really tired, the workout from practisce was now just hitting me. He laid me on the bench and then laid a random coat on me. I saw no point to what Jordan and Sidney had just done.

“Hey Tristan!” TJ sat on the floor next to me.

“Hey! Sorry I was thrown into the shower, don’t ask why, cause I don't know.”

We both laughed.

“You're so lucky!”

“Err, why?”

“Getting to know these guys so well.”

“Hey, they're lucky to know me.”

We laughed.

Just then Ray Shero and Michel Therrien barged into the room for a “team meeting.”

“Good practice today. We are going to go to California for a dry land camp, that will last two weeks. Monday through Friday. We leave next Saturday.”

“TJ you better be coming, I don’t want to stay with them for two whole weeks!” I whispered to her, she looked up at me.

“Sure, if I can, I’d love to. I might be moving in with my brother for the next year, not sure yet.”

“Oh please!”

TJ grinned.

“So on to more news,” Ray said, taking out a planner. “You guys will be doing some charity work. Some of you will be going to a Kids Convention, and then others will be helping out at Build A House Foundation.”

“So who’s going where?” Hal Gill asked.

“Sidney, Jordan, Marc, Evgeni, Tristan, Kris Letang, Brooks, Pascal, Dany, Max and Ryan Malone, will be going to the Kids Convention. The rest of you are going to Build A House Foundation.”

“Sweet. I love kids!” I said happily.

Which was true, if I wasn’t a hockey player I would probably be like a teacher or something.

Too bad Dany was in my group, all practice he had been making eyes at me. UGH! Make me puke!

“Good,” Ray smiled at me. “So it starts tomorrow at twelve, until five.” Ray continued.

I looked to Michel, who was chuckling, evilly might I add.

Ah, not good.

“So wheres the Kids Convention?” Brooks asked, thinking that he thought something was weird as well.

“Chuck E. Cheese,” Michel answered, trying to hold a straight face.

There were blank stares around the room.

“What?” Pascal asked, his voice shaking.

“It’s at Chuck E. Cheese, you guys will be helping out with five or six birthday parties.”

Michel couldn’t hold it anymore, he burst out laughing.

“Birthday party? I ain't no CLOWN!” I cried.

“Are you sure about that?” Evgeni shot back.

“Malkin!”

[“Kids Convention”]

“Hi I’m Tristan Davis,” I said politely, shaking the women’s hand. Who was known as Jackie Jones, manager of Chuck E. Cheese.

“Great all of you are here. So you will be split in to two groups. One group will be helping with the kids, and the others will be working in the costumes.”

Pause.

Oh please, please, please not costumes!

“Your GM Ray Shero, picked the groups already. So group one will be Letang, Fleury, Malkin, Davis, Staal Crosby, Talbot and-” I raised my eyebrows at Kris, who was directly standing across from me making hilarious faces. “Sabourin.” Ms. Jones finished.

*Gasp*

ANYONE BUT DANNY! I was thoroughly ticked, and was so going to kick Ray’s butt next time I saw him.

I took a quick look at Kris, but Danny caught my eye.

‘What?’ I mouthed at him. He smiled at me, and licked his lips.

DISGUSTING!

“And now group two, Malone, Orpik, and Dupuis. You three are going to be getting in Chuck E. Cheese and friends suites.”

“Hahaha! Bugsy is Chuck E. Cheese!” I busted out laughing, Bugsy’s cheeks grew pink. Ms. Jones chuckled along with me.

“All right, group one follow me, group two, this is Mr. Alexander.”

We turned around to see a guy, probably in his thirties, with bright red hair.

“Mr. Alexander is a costume expert.”

“Costume expert?” I whispered to Jordan, who looked like he wanted to laugh out loud.

"Anyways, let’s go group one,” Ms. Jones turned on her heel, walking down the hall into the large game area. I stared, around the room, little kids were running around.

“Hi Ms. Callin,” Ms. Jones shook another women's hand. “Well, this is Ms. Callin, she is the parent of Andrew, who is having his eighth birthday party here. I am leaving you eight with her. Ms. Callin if you need anything, you know where to find me.”

With that Ms. Jones walked away.

“Hi, I’m Tristan Davis, and these are my teammates.” I shook Ms. Callin's hand.

“Hi Tristan, call me Judy. So you are the Pittsburgh Penguins?”

“Thats right, I’m Sidney Crosby the Captain,” Sidney said, flipping his semi-long hair out of his eyes and pushing me away. I pushed him back out of the way.

“And I’m the only one that knows how to follow orders.”

Judy laughed, I smirked at Sidney.

“The kids are playing, and I think that Ms. Jones wants you to go play with them. They all are wearing orange shirts. Just so you can tell who they are. There are fourteen of them total.”

“Are you serious?” Evgeni asked, not looking very happen.

“Yes. Now run along.”

“C'mon guys!”

I grabbed Jordan’s and Max’s wrists, pulling them into the depths of Chuck E. Cheese, as the rest of our team mates followed, a little less enthusastic.

“Let’s go up the tubes to find the kids!” I said happily, running up to the tubes and crawling into it.

“Ouch! I just hit my head!” I heard Jordan yell.

“Hah, are you to big to fit?” I asked, looking behind me and seeing Jordan, rubbing his head, Max and the rest were behind him.

“Jordan, move it!” Max yelled.

“I’m going MAX!”

“I found one! Hey you kid, with the orange shirt!” I cried as a boy turned around, with a blinding bright orange shirt on.

“Wait.”

I rushed toward him, well as fast as I could in a tube.

“Hi, are you the helpers that Aunt Judy was talking about?” he asked. This kid looked a little older than eight.

“Yeah, I’m Tristan, you can call me TT. If it’s easier for you to remember, and these are my teammates, I think they might be stuck.”

The kid started laughing and pointing at them and I soon joined in. As soon as we calmed down (which took awhile) the kid started to talk.

“I’m Ben, and I’m twelve, I’m Andrew’s older cousin.”

“Oh, you're twelve, so you must be going into seventh grade?”

"Yep. I am.”

“That’s cool.”

“TRISTAN!”

I looked back at Jordan who was getting closer.

“I’m going down the slide, met you guys down there. Let’s go Ben!” Ben and I easily made our way to the slide and went down, head first. We got to the bottom, and outside the tubes.

“So, all of those guys are your teammates?” he asked. sWe could see them through the windows, but anyone could hear them fighting a mile away.

“Sadly. So where are the rest of the kids?”

“Not sure, hanging around here somewhere.”

Five minutes later, all of them were out of the tubes.

“Okay, guys lets split up. Jordan, Marc and I will stay in the tubes,” I grinned evilly at Jordan, who rolled his eyes.

“Sidney, Max and Evgeni, you head over to the games, see what kids are there. Err, Kris and you-” I pointed at Danny, not bothering to say his name.

“Make rounds between the games, the tables, and the ticket place, where you get toys. Now go! Wait, Pens on three.”

“Are you serious?” Evgeni grumbled.

“I’ll touch Tristan’s hand all day,” Danny laughed.

“Um, EWE!”

We all put our hands in a pile.

“TT can I put my hand in too?” I looked over at Ben.

“Sure! Pens on three. One-Two-Three, PENS!” we all yelled at went our separate ways.

-------> jordy ------->

Dang you Tristan! Making me go into this tube again. And then her and Marc ditch me. Oh great!

I wiggled my hips, but it wasn’t working.

Great I’m stuck! Again!

“Hey, look, someone's stuck!”

Yes help!

“Hey it’s a grown-up! Get ‘em!”

“NO please!”

It was to late, I felt little hands grab my legs and feet.

“No don’t do that!” I cried, laughing. Some little demon child was tickling my feet. I saw an orange shirt pass.

“Hey you in the orange shirt!”

Three kids came around the corner.

“Billy is that you?” one of the kids yelled.

“Yeah Jack, it’s me! Get the grown-up!” the kid, Jack yelled behind me.

“Oh my god, no stop!”

The three children ran at me. I put my head in my arms. They were pulling my hair.

Hey, I’m the adult here! C'mon Jordan, stand up for yourself!

I looked up.

“Knock it off!”

Something fell on my back.

“AHH! Get off of me!”

“Kid pile up!” some random kid yelled.

I wiggled again, trying to pull myself through the tube.

“PUSH!” the kids yelled pushing against me.

TRISTAN! You are soooo dead!

“My hair!” some of my hair was stuck in the crack in-between the tubes. I franticly tried to grab my hair, but right when I tried this little girl, pulled my head.

“OH MY GOD!” I looked up, my poor hair was still stuck in the crack.

“I’m gonna be bald!”

“You’d probably look better.” the girl laughed, evilly.

“Hey, I look good with hair.”

“If only we could get rid of your face.”

“MY FACE IS FINE!”

-------> marc ------->

Don’t get me wrong, I love kids, but these-

“OUCH!” I cried, a plastic ball had just hit my eye. I grabbed my eye, the little boy, who had just thrown the ball at me, fell over backwards from laughing so hard.

How would I have known that that slide was leading me into a huge plastic ball pit? I wouldn’t have slide so happily down it. Especially if knowing it was leading me right here to these demon children and my death!

“AHH!” a kid jumped off the platform above me, landing on my stomach.

“Opf.”

The kid, started punching me.

“Please, violence is not the way to play,” I calmly said, holding the kids arm.

“Attack!”

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

Three jumped off the platform, two landing on my legs, and one hitting my head.

“Oh, hey now, let’s not-”

The kids pushed me up. One of them had a jump-rope.

“Where’d you get that?” I asked.

“I won it,” the kid with brown hair and blonde highlights said, coming dangerously close.

“Lets go play jump-rope then.”

“I’m not no girl.”

“I think it would be I am not a girl.”

The kid jumped me, pulling the rope tightly around my body.

“Shut up!” the kid yelled.

“Stop!” I tired to break free, when the kid next to me bit, yes bit my arm.

“OUCH! Biting isn't nice!”

“Ahh, the snake tribe!” the kid with brown hair yelled. More kids came down the slide.

“Take the grown-up!” they yelled. The “snake tribe” attacked, but not the kids, oh no, me. Red, blue, green, yellow all color balls were thrown my way.

“AHHHH!” I ducked.

-------> sid ------->

“Max, Evgeni, remember this game?” I ran over to the Whack A Mole game. Some kids in an orange shirt were playing the game.

“Hi, I’m Sid, I’m supposed to be playing with you kids for Andrew’s party. This is Evgeni and Max, their my friends.”

A girls with pigtails looked at me.

“Hi, I’m Em.”

“Hi Em.”

I got down on one knee, reaching out my hand, to shake hers.

“DON’T TOUCH MY GIRLFRIEND!” something hit my head.

“Ouch. Oh, this is your girlfriend?” I turned to the kid with the Whack the Mole hammer.

“Yeah and don’t touch her. YOU LOSER!” the kid next to her with snot running down his face, hit me in the stomach. I fell to the floor, and heard laughing.

“Hold ‘em!” the two kids jumped on me, while the one with the hammer hit me in the head.

"OUCH! Max, Geno help!” I heard laughing. I looked up.

“Gotta, go!” they ran off leaving me to get beat up.

“GUYS!!!”